^bit Games Competition.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/^bit Games Competition.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#1]
Idea : My son has been playing one of those stupid wee games from McDonnalds. and it gave me an idea to hold a wee comp on them.

Game Details :
4 tiles Wide, by 5 Tiles high
Each tile is 25 pixels wide/high
4 Sprites only
Black and white (No colour for sprites)
Any colour used for 1 background image.
1 sound file
1 source file
Theme fruit

Comp will end 28th Aug 05.

The winner will be decided and then possibly be asked to start a new comp ?

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
ah this could be cool ! maybe extend the date a bit further ? to grab more entrants

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#3]
What's a wee game? I looked at the McDonalds website but that didn't shed any light, and i would go into a McDonalds and ask but i'm trying to quit and the smell of the fries would break me :P

Kev(Posted 2005) [#4]
MattVonFat, in scottish = wee game, in english = small/little game. thats the way i read it :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#5]
yeah Kev your right ...

I took a spill and iv hurt myself. not able to sit up for long so I'll try and mby get a photo of the few I have around the house, maby some one else with kids has one of these wee happy meal games from McDonnalds and could do it ?

Yeah I will extend the date.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#6]
Can the background be colored?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#7]
gray ?

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#8]
And what's the BM aspect of it? Seem to me such a game could be made with any Blitz version..

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#9]
platform independent?

CS_TBL(Posted 2005) [#10]
hmno, but that requirement was not in the game details list..

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#11]
there hasn't really to be a BM aspect ... as a mather of facts wit hthe above requirements it can't be BM at all as 25pixel pics are resized to 32

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#12]
MattVonFat, in scottish = wee game, in english = small/little game. thats the way i read it :)

I can't believe i didnt read it like that! My mums scottish aswell so i should have picked up on it!

Just one other thing you said ocmp would end one week from that day but it then says 28th of August?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#13]
1. End date was changed to reflect the request for more time.
2. Any blitz language can be used, I posted in here cos I think Max needs more attention, but use what you like. just be sure to post source.

I will update the main post again ..

Xip(Posted 2005) [#14]
count me in! ;-)

ohh, by the way... the rules for the content in the game seems veru strict to me, ther is almost no way to make the game different from each other... i think you will have to loosen up the rules a bit.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#15]
ok forget about the theme then.. the other rules are those that govern the type of mini game thingi you see in the screen shot.