Please test my collision system (AABB)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Please test my collision system (AABB)

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#1]
You can download it here:
http://www.altitude-studios.com/blitzmax/collisiondemo.zip

Let me know what improvments could be made. Right now there are two type of collisions static and dynamic. Any ideas?

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#2]
what exactly is it supposed to do? BTW the /quake command locks the program.

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm just trying to figure out the best collision response system and I wanted to see how this felt to you guys.

Oops, forgot to check if you enter a value after /quake.
Correct syntax is "/quake n" where n is the size of quake.

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#4]
Move around with the cursor keys...

Very cool altitudems. :)

Muttley

Scott Shaver(Posted 2005) [#5]
Oh I see you have to close the console before you can play with it. Very cool. Is it supposed to slow down when you are pushing the blocks around? If so then I like it.

TAB - close the console
cursor keys - moving character 1
ASDW keys - moving character 2

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yeah I should have mentioned the keys. Thanks

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#7]
frikkin awsome man !!!

i dig , so, can we see the code ? lol

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#8]
man I hate my fkn laptop at times.

I will refer from comment on it cos it wont run any faster than 3 or 4 frame per second on my 900mhz lappy, and the text in the console isall messed up..

Should have my Main Dev Machine fixed in a day or so, So I will have another loook then and let you know.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#9]
Works very nicely.

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks for the support guys. Its not quite perfect yet though. There are still some issues with missed collision when objects are z sorted, i'm looking into it.

@Deux
The entire project will be turned open source when it reaches a certain point. So yes you can look forward to seeing the code.

Steffenk(Posted 2005) [#11]
looks good.

SteffenK

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#12]
When travelling diagonally it was only detecting one collision. Works fine when you hit only one wall, but as soon as I hit a corner the man would sail straight through one of the walls.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#13]
If you line up a bunch of boxes and push them against a wall they penetrate each other and the wall. If you stop moving they slowly move into place again.

Apart from that it seems efficient.

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#14]
Thanks for pointing out those issues. I've actualy fixed them now, so I might upload a new version soon.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#15]
altitudems, maybe if you dont want to release the code, could you make a tutorial ? This little demo is fantastic, hehe, i cant stop playing with it :)