C64 Sid Module

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/C64 Sid Module

Matthew Smith(Posted 2005) [#1]
Guys,

With all these sound modules around at the moment - FMOD, denzelquixode's Nintendo Sound Format player etc, would anyone with the knowledge like to take a look at a C64 Sid Player?

A long time ago, Tracer was working on one but nothing came of it. With the new stucture, it could now be a possibility.

The SidPlayer library is available at http://sidplay2.sourceforge.net

Would anyone have the time and inclination to take a look??? This would be awesome for retro stuff!!

ashmantle(Posted 2005) [#2]
Great for emulators aswell ^^

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#3]
PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US A SID MODULE!!! :)

I'm waiting for this since B2D!

Tracer from blitzcoder.com once started such a lib, but it never got 100% finished... :(

Simon S(Posted 2005) [#4]
Unsure if it's feasable, as I've no background in using C, but I've seen other programs that can use winamp plugins.

If it was possible to write a module in Blitz to make use of the plugins we would have access to pretty much any format of music out there, SID included. This would, obviously, be completely awesome.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#5]
It would indeed be nice, I'd settle for either a mod or sid player module as long as it will compile on Mac os X !

REDi(Posted 2005) [#6]
DannyD have a look here... http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=49584 (mystics post at the bottom)

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thanks Papa, I had a look but could get it to compile.I posted a reply on that thread.

Matthew Smith(Posted 2005) [#8]
I've been having a look at this and have all the c++ modules compiling, just need to work out how to reference the required functions.

My C++ is pretty non-existant, but will keep trying to work it out.

norki(Posted 2005) [#9]
So, how's this coming along? :)

Matthew Smith(Posted 2005) [#10]
Still looking at it - have got the sidplayerlib to compile currently, but still working out how to interface the audio and play functionality as I'm not a C++ person.

Hopefully will have something soon, if not will open it up to others???

I'm really trying to get this going as the 64 music would really suit a lot of games without being a music guru.

Avon(Posted 2005) [#11]
I too would love a SID module, hopefully someone will figure out how to do it in BlitzMax. Heck, I'd even pay $10 or so for it!

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#12]
*bump* Any news...? :)

Matthew Smith(Posted 2005) [#13]
Grisu,

I'm going to rebuild the libsidplay module on the weekend (I'd just finished updating it and in my rush to install 1.14, I deleted it! Doh!!!).

Once i've done that I'll post a file for others to download and then keep working on it - perhaps a few minds together will get it done!!

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#14]
Great!

If you need a beta tester let me know!