d3dx

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/d3dx

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#1]
erm how could i use functions such as D3DXMatrixOrthoLH in max?

DStastny(Posted 2005) [#2]
You have to translate the headers. I have been slowly working my way through the entire D3DX DLL that came with the June SDK release. Have most of the math done textures working on the mesh objects now but that header is huge.

Shoot me an email at Doug_S@... and I will zip up what you need for access to that function. Youll need to download the DirectX sdk to get the DLL youll need from the June release.

Doug Stastny

Sweenie(Posted 2005) [#3]
Just keep in mind that recently the D3DX library went from a static lib to a dynamic lib which makes the D3DX helper lib a dll.
This dll may however not be part of the endusers install.
If the enduser downloaded and installed the DirectX 9.0c runtimes before the June SDK, chances are they don't have the correct D3DX dll(d3dx9_26.dll).
However, you can either ask the enduser to reinstall DirectX9 or just provide an installer for the dll.
The dll may not be distributed along with your application as a single file.
Read more on this site...
http://www.toymaker.info/Games/html/directx_9_0c.html

DStastny(Posted 2005) [#4]
The June SDK has provisions for making a minimal DX9 update install that just installs the DLL.

Frankly its all very silly as you can just include it in the same directory as your application and it works just fine. Although the Dx9 license requires you install it via DXInstall.

Doug Stastny

boomboommax(Posted 2005) [#5]
i figured i just aswell use d3d in c++ , its easy enuff, using bmax to proto and make the editor (for my project of course) and c++ d3d todo the game/main renderer