FMOD Community Project

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/FMOD Community Project

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#1]
Dear community,

The time has come for us to plug a hole in blitzmax and offer 100% ROBUST FMOD support! With FMOD (which is free to use unless you're selling your game, then it's a paltry $100)

Why FMOD? well it gives us OXM, which none of the other sound libraries are actually able to do, this is absolutely essential for any indie/shareware developer! you're looking at the highest quality with the smallest download size - and cross platform. Thats just for starters!

With FMOD all of us can use the industry quality OXM format which is also used in the nintendo DS! With FMOD we're able to apply a wide range of absolutely WICKED sound effects from echoes and more!

Need I remind you it's totally cross platform and bug free? It's also far higher performance than max's native sound (not criticising simon as this is heavily optimised)

All we need to do is get together and do it! I know once we get started it'll be another feather in Blitzmax's CAP!

To start us off:
http://www.fmod.org/ << find fmod and dll's here
http://drago-tech.net/FmodWin32.zip << drago's windows fmod
http://drago-tech.net/FmodLinux.tar.gz << drago's linux fmod

But no mac fmod yet guys and the above ones are complete.

Also we've got a contribution from Tea Virus - a full set of structs. He says: "Mostly untested but all the commands/consts/structs are there." :

Like the SDL thread, this community project is designed for the whole community to benefit from. Hopefully we'll see help from a couple of guys including BRL if they can - as they have experience using FMOD too!

Good luck everyone!

kmac(Posted 2005) [#2]
Tangentially related for those in the know about these things (not me), is there any chance that portaudio (portaudio.com) will be made accessible to Blitzmax? The benefit is that it is free for what it offers.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#3]
Didn't BRL have an FMOD implementation and pulled cuz of license issues?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#4]
Might be quite possible as the license fees are quite high with 1000-2000$ per title per plattform for non-freeware.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#5]
It's $100 shareware license and free if non commerical. Please keep license discussion OUT of this thread. Have respect and keep non-FMOD development discussions OUT of this thread. This thread is for development of FMOD in max, not discussion of licensing.

More code to come! We welcome any contributors to this community project, therefore have to politely ask people who wish to discuss licensing issues or other SDK's to post elsewhere.

Thank you.

kmac(Posted 2005) [#6]
My "tangential" post had nothing to do with "lack of respect' so I politely request that you pay close attention to the language used when negatively characterizing others. I apologize for asking about another SDK.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#7]
Have included the missing commands from Drago.
Tested some of the functions. Seems to work...:)

Regards
Sveinung

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#8]
VERY impressive work Sveinung - does this also work with the mac?

Is this the complete module we need to use, or do we have to combine this with drago's? Nice work :)

If you have the time, will you be able to supply an example please? just a simple one :)

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#9]
All the streaming stuff as well, many thanks.

Steve.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#10]
This is the complete module (I hope...;) ).
It should do. Just read the fmod doc to confirm what commands that are supported on your os.

I hope someone find this module usefull, like I do.

Download complete lib here

Regards
Sveinung

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#11]
BIG THANK YOU TO SVEINUNG
and DRAGO for the first one

This is sufficient for anyone. Don't forget everyone, that FMOD 4.0 (not this version) but the one on the fmod site, has similar dynamic content to Direct Music in DX9 - that is you can change the "mood" as you play.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#12]
Very nice! can this be added to official pub.mods?

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#13]
Anyone got it working on a Mac yet?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#14]
Shame it's too expensive to use on commerical titles.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#15]
The commercial download license is $100.
The commercial hardcopy retail license is $2000.

I take it geom isn't going to be sold hardcopy retail alongside Quake4 ?

If you're selling retail commercial, $2,000 is *penuts* else why are you selling retail commercial if you don't expect to sell even close to that amount? I don't think it's much of a problem to be honest :)

Drago(Posted 2005) [#16]
I would of made a mac version, if I had a mac to test it on :), so if anyone wants to donate a mac my way ;) hehe.
I'm glade someone got around to finishing this, work has been keeping me to busy to do any programming on the weekends. (since I program at work it is the last thing on my mind to do on weekends.)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#17]
Thanks Drago :)

Now do any aussies have any mac mini's spare? :D

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#18]
Fmod sounds good but I dont think I'll be using it.

I dont think most people will notice the difference between max sounds and fmod sounds. I also dont think most people have the hardware to really tell the diff..

So until this changes I think I'll stick with Max Sounds.

Unless some one wants to create a sample, that plays a set of sounds using max sounds and then the same set of sounds using fmod.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#19]
Well the reason for FMOD isn't just the snazzy sound effects. FMOD is very reliable, very fast and plays a lot more formats, in particular it has XM support which is desirable for people selling games online (to keep file sizes minimal).

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#20]
The Market as it is, I dont think the licnse fee of 100$ is really worth what little extra it provides, only a few indie titles will go on to have good sales, most sell only a handfull per year which means that initial payment puts them at a loss for a while. and thats even if the title sells at all.

Dont get me wrong I think Fmod support in MAx is awsome, I think there will be a lot of people that will benefit from it. those of us lucky enough to have a publisher sitting wish cash in hand will be the ones to benefit more id say cos they will make their fee's back on sale if you know what I mean.

As a development tool I think Fmod is really good, I think its going to be a good addition to Max, I only hope that it does not end up as a replacement for Max's current sound system..

On Topic I think I have some code that might help this project, I am working from my laptop just now cos my main PC is on the blink so I'll have a look for it, if its not lost then ill add it here.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#21]
Thanks Yavin. The above FMOD code is complete, it just doesn't work with the mac at the moment as we don't have anyone with a mac or linux and an interest in FMOD.

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2005) [#22]
$100 is five sales for most people.

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#23]
Managed to get it working on the Mac, with a few minor changes.

I'll upload an example once I tidy it up a bit.

Steve.

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#24]
Here it is : -

http://www.xmystik.co.uk/macfmod.zip

copy the fmod.mod directory to your mods\pub.mod\ directory on the mac. It will look like this then

blitzmax\mod\pub.mod\fmod.mod\

It didn't seem to like it when I used the above module and the libmod.a installed in the libs directory. This worked fine on the PC though. So I placed it in the fmod.mod directory as well and it seems to work ok.

You will also need to add a title.ogg song for the demo to stream.

There are a couple of things to note in the example.

1) I had a problem with the brl.oggloader conflicting with the fmod.mod which is why I've used a framework. Any ideas how to get around that?

2) FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_MAC)
to specify the Mac sound system.

The rest is the same as on the PC

Steve.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#25]
Hi Mystik,
Great work ! I'm having problems on my Powerbook though :(

- I moved your fmod.mod directory to /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/.
- I saved the example code you posted to my regular BlitzMax folder.
- In the demo bmx file I specified the correct path to the title.ogg file I want to play.
- I then compiled but got this :

libfmod.a is where it should be.Any suggestions as to why the example won't compile for me ?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#26]
did you do a full build all with modules?

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#27]
thanks for the reply Fish.When you say full build do you mean BlitzMax ? I have the full version (not demo) and all the BllitzMax modules are upto date.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#28]
DannyD. You can't use quick build. Uncheck the Quick Build in your program menu. Then select build modules in the same menu. Then it sholud work.

Regards
Sveinung

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#29]
You could try putting the libfmod.a file in your lib directory. That is where it is supposed to go. I got an error on my powerbook with the file in there though. That is why I placed it in the fmod.mod directory.

I could be that my blitzmax isn't installed correctly. I'll try reinstalling it later.

Steve.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#30]
Thanks Sveinung and Mystik.I turned off quick build and then built the modules.It works for .ogg files but not for amiga .mods :( I get the following when replacing the filename from title.ogg to title.mod :

Is there a problem with the .mod file ? I tried two different ones. Perhaps I need to use a different fmod API command to play mod files ?
If I compile an application and include INCBIN a mod/ogg file, do I need to package any libraries or is that included in the application.app ?

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#31]
The demo shows just the streaming feature of FMOD and I'm not sure it can stream mods or xm.

FMUSIC does the following formats:-

- .MOD (protracker/fasttracker modules)
- .S3M (screamtracker 3 modules)
- .XM (fasttracker 2 modules)
- .IT (impulse tracker modules)
- .MID (MIDI files)
- .RMI (MIDI files)
- .SGT (DirectMusic segment files)
- .FSB (FMOD Sample Bank files)

FSOUND does the wav,ogg type formats and can stream them.

Could be wrong on that as I'm not too experienced with Fmod.

Steve.

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#32]
Here is a quick test for playing mods. No error checking though.

Framework brl.glmax2d
'----------------------
Import brl.retro
Import brl.blitz
Import brl.freeaudioaudio
'Import brl.oggloader   'causes probs with fmod on mac, thats why I had to use framework. Any help?
Import brl.system	
Import pub.fmod

Graphics 800,600,0,50

FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_MAC) ' Ensure you use FSOUND_OUTPUT_MAC 

FSOUND_SetDriver(0)

If Not FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, FSOUND_INIT_USEDEFAULTMIDISYNTH)

RuntimeError "Init Error "
	Else

Mod_:Int = FMUSIC_LoadSong(cstr("an-path.xm"))
		FMUSIC_SetLooping(Mod_, False)
		FMUSIC_PlaySong(Mod_);

While Not KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)
					Cls
					DrawText "Fmod Mac Test - Press ESCAPE to sxit",0,0
					Flip
				Wend

EndIf

End

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#33]
Yes.It's working !Brilliant stuff.

DocFritz(Posted 2005) [#34]
Sorry for dumb question, but... how does this work? I always get a "Function not found"-Error although I copied the module in the pub.mod folder. How2Install?

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#35]
How to install:
1. Copy the libfmod.a to the lib folder
2. Copy the folder fmod.mod to the mod/pub.mod/ folder
3. Choose Build Modules from the Progam-menu in BlitzMax
4. Have Fun!!!

Rember to uncheck Quick Build.

Regards
Sveinung

DocFritz(Posted 2005) [#36]
Thanks, I didn't thought about copying the lib :)

DocFritz(Posted 2005) [#37]
Sorry, but I really don't get it. I don't have any file named "libfmod.a" here and The button to recompile alle modules is grey so I can't click on it.

MacSven(Posted 2005) [#38]
Rebuild all modules. The sample work's fine, but if i want to
insert the player in my own source file i get many error's.
I hope Mark can make a module with my source files i have found in Net.

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#39]
Sorry, but I really don't get it. I don't have any file named "libfmod.a" here and The button to recompile alle modules is grey so I can't click on it.

The file named libfmod.a comes with FMOD when you download it. Normally you would copy that to the blitzmax\lib\ directory. But for some reason on my Mac version of blitzmax it did not like it there. So I placed it in the mod.fmod directory instead.

You will need the developer tools installed for OSX to rebuild the modules. It should be on your OSX disk.

Steve.

MacSven(Posted 2005) [#40]
Did you read my text or did you understand that i have written:

It work's fine if i use the Player , but then i use the code in my source it
does not work!

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#41]
Did you read my text or did you understand that i have written:

It work's fine if i use the Player , but then i use the code in my source it
does not work!

Perhaps I was replying to the post before you.

I have edited my post to save any further confusion ;)

As you have not posted your source file, it's kind of hard to see what the problem may be....

Steve.

MacSven(Posted 2005) [#42]
Ok Mystik! Sorry! It was my mistake.
I have problem's to make my source as a framework.Should be another method to get it working under MacOS X.
Or can some one tell me how i can make my code as a framework!

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#43]
Just had a play with this and it works a treat.

Thanks guys, will come in very useful for my current project. :)

Muttley

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#44]
Glad you could use it!
Guess I'll start looking at version 4.00

Sveinung

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#45]
Started on the docs. Eta late september.
Just in case someone are interested.

Sveinung

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#46]
I'm trying to make an FSound stream. I've got it to apparently pass a pointer to a (blitz) callback function to createstream, and it seems to call it OK - once. Then there is a memory error. Does anyone know why?

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#47]
New update
Thanks to all that reported bugs for this update
Added sample.

FMOD

Sveinung

Red(Posted 2005) [#48]
Where is FMOD mod ?

All your link are broken :/

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#49]
Here : http://www.sherrox.com/Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.rar

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#50]
Congratulations and thanx to everyone who contributed to this. Works a treat on my Mac.

Is it possible to synthesize sounds on the fly whilst replaying them in FMOD? If anyone has a demo or can tell me what commands to investigate to do this, I would appreciate it.

EDIT - I see you can set up oscillators etc in FMOD which kind of does what I want, but I would rather create the samples with max and have FMOD play them.

Nigel Brown(Posted 2005) [#51]
Hi, Is there a repository for examples using FMOD? more example code please. My requirement is to sample the mic port and send the data to the headphone output ie: to create a piece of wire! The data should be streamed I guess as I will eventually want to process the audio input before sendimg it back to the headphone socket!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#52]
This thread seems a bit dead, Nigel. Take a look at www.fmod.org.

Nigel Brown(Posted 2005) [#53]
Error:

Function FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName:Int(id:Int)

in fmod.bmx should read:

Function FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName:Byte Ptr(id:Int)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2005) [#54]
Any news on the documentation? :)

Great work on this mod, guys.

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#55]
Nomen: "Is it possible to synthesize sounds on the fly whilst replaying them in FMOD?" That's what I'm trying to do. As I understand it you need to use FSound_Stream_Create and pass it the pointer to a callback function, which should then send a pointer to your audio sample data to FMOD. But I can't get it to work.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#56]
Denzilquixode-

Hmm - maybe we could combine forces.

I've since seen some demo code in C that is included with the FMOD api - but it uses stuff that isn't available in Blitz at the mo - I tried to reproduce the required stuff in Blitz but can't find some of the structures required in the C headers.

You seem to be trying a different method to me - can you post what you have so far, and I'll see if I can add anything?

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#57]
It's super to see someone else taking care of this module. Due to me getting a new job, the time avil for updating this is close to none. I'v started on the documentation... :)

Sveinung

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#58]
"Hmm - maybe we could combine forces."

Good idea. Well, first of all the definition of FSOUND_Stream_Create in fmod.bmx seems to be wrong, it's currently
Function FSOUND_Stream_Create:Byte(callback:Int,lenbytes:Int,mode:Int,samplerate:Int,userdate:Int)
...when I'm pretty sure callback and userdata should be pointers not ints, and it should also return one instead of a byte, so:
Function FSOUND_Stream_Create:Byte Ptr(callback:Byte Ptr,lenbytes:Int,mode:Int,samplerate:Int,userdata:Byte Ptr)
The callback function definition in the FMOD API is:

signed char F_CALLBACKAPI FSOUND_STREAMCALLBACK(
FSOUND_STREAM *stream,
void *buff,
int len,
void *userdata
);

So I attempted a Blitz version of it:
Function FMOD_Stream_Callback:Byte(stream:Byte Ptr, buff:Byte Ptr, length:Int, userdata:Byte Ptr)
	' ...
End Function
According to the API, this function should return FALSE if the stream should be stopped and TRUE otherwise. At this stage, all I want to do is to pass this callback function to FMOD, make sure it's calling the function OK, and then close the stream without actually giving it anything.

So, the full piece of code I've got is:
Function FMOD_Stream_Callback:Byte(stream:Byte Ptr, buff:Byte Ptr, length:Int, userdata:Byte Ptr)
	Print "Hello"
	Return 0
End Function

Local CallbackPtr:Byte Ptr = FMOD_Stream_Callback

FSOUND_SetDriver(0)
	Print "error"
End If
Local NSFStream:Byte Ptr = FSOUND_Stream_Create(CallbackPtr, 100, FSOUND_NORMAL, 1, Null)
FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE, NSFStream)

Repeat
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

End
...which gives the following output:
Hello

[CRASH: "Unhandled Exception: Unhandled Memory Exception Error"
on line "FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE, NSFStream)"]
So the callback function IS actually called, since it printed Hello, but it then still has a memory exception.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#59]
OK thanks for sharing - I may not get around to it for a couple of days, but if I make any progrss, you'll hear about it.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#60]
Wel I'm not getting memory exceptions now, but I'm not getting sound. I need documentation on FMOD functions, but there doesnt seem to be any (apart from some example code) with my download. Help anyone?

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#61]
There's the online docs: http://www.fmod.org/docs/HTML/

I also have a .chm file (compiled HTML help file) which has all the docs, but if you're not on Windows that might be useless.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#62]
Yeah found those eventually - not that explanatory IMO. Are you basing your stuff on one of the Demos? If so which one.

I've got to the point where the callback is repeatedly called (I'm returning a 1 each time) and FMOD doesn't fall over - can't remember what I did, but it's hardly any different to your version. Will post it when I get home tonight. What the docs don't tell me is what I have to do in the callback. Is it just a case of writing <length> shorts (the sound!) to stream or buff?

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#63]
Excellent, good to know I was almost there then. The callback stuff is in http://www.fmod.org/docs/HTML/FSOUND_STREAMCALLBACK.html - "buff" is where you have to write the data to, "stream" is the pointer to FMOD's stream definition object, what FSOUND_Stream_Create returns - I don't think that we should actually need to do anything with this yet - and length is the length of the buffer in bytes.

As I understand it the buffer can be quite small (e.g. 1000 bytes, for 250 4-byte samples) and the callback is required to exactly fill this amount, and then is called again when those samples have almost been played and the next buffer needs to be filled.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#64]
'Function FSOUND_Stream_Create:Int(callback:Byte Ptr,lenbytes:Int,mode:Int,samplerate:Int,userdata:Byte Ptr)

Framework brl.glmax2d
'----------------------
Import brl.retro
Import brl.blitz
'Import brl.oggloader   'causes probs with fmod on mac, thats why I had to use framework. Any help?
Import brl.system	
Import pub.fmod
Import brl.keycodes
Import brl.standardio

Global sample
sample=0

Function FMOD_Stream_Callback(stream:Byte Ptr, buff:Byte Ptr, length:Int, userdata:Byte Ptr)
	'Print "Hello"
	Print length
	Local snd_ptr:Short Ptr=Short Ptr(buff)
	'Print "going to loop"
	For n=0 To (length/4)-1
		snd_ptr[n]=Short(Rand(1,65536))
		sample:+1
	Next
	Return 1
End Function

FSOUND_SetDriver(0)
	Print "error"
End If
Local NSFStream:Int = FSOUND_Stream_Create(CallbackPtr, 512, FSOUND_NORMAL, 1, Null)

FlushKeys()
Repeat
	Print sample
Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE)

End

Here's what I have so far - see the opening comment for the definition of FSOUND_stream_create I'm using in FMOD.bmx. This actually produced some sound which is encouraging- unfortunately it is a low frequency rumble (I was expecting white noise) and has regular breaks - I'm not sure if the sound is changing at all between buffer reads. Max only has unsigned shorts - I'm assuming we need signed ones so will have to work around eventually. You won't need the framework stuff unless you're on a Mac like me.

Let me know how you get on.

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#65]
Aw, man. I still get a memory exception error at the FSOUND_Stream_Play line. Must be some Mac/Windows thing somehow?

Edit: Duh, just thought of catching the exception:

Try
Catch ex:Object
	' ... ?
End Try
...but it doesn't help that much - all I get is 512 printed once, then 128 printed repeatedly. Clearly, the callback function is still only being called once, despite it returning 1 when it's called the first time. Is there any way I can get information about the exception? I don't really understand that stuff yet.

PetBom(Posted 2005) [#66]
Has anyone managed to use the FSOUND_Sample_Lock()?

Example:
FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND);
FSOUND_Init(44100,32,FSOUND_INIT_USEDEFAULTMIDISYNTH)

Global FileNameA:String = "justsomefile.wav"
Global Chan1:Int = 1

Global smp1:Int = FSOUND_Sample_Load(Chan1,cstr(FileNameA),FSOUND_16BITS,0,0)
Global smp1Len:Int = FSOUND_SAMPLE_GETLENGTH(smp1)

Global ptr1:Int 
Global ptr2:Int
Global len1:Int Ptr
Global len2:Int Ptr

Global isLocked:Byte = FSOUND_Sample_Lock:Byte(sptr,0,smp1Len,ptr1,ptr2,len1,len2)

I get a memory exeption (this is on win) when running this code. Any ideas?

Other than that, FMOD is working great for me!

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#67]
Soz Petbom, not looked at that, but on a different note...

Framework brl.glmax2d
'----------------------
Import brl.retro
Import brl.blitz
Import brl.system	
Import pub.fmod
Import brl.keycodes
Import brl.standardio

Global sample
sample=0

Function makesignedshort:Short(float_num#)
	x=Long(float_num)
	val_bits:Short=Short(x&%0111111111111111)
	sign_bit:Short=Short((x Shr 16)&%1000000000000000)
	short_val:Short=Short(sign_bit|val_bits)
	Return short_val
End Function

Function FMOD_Stream_Callback(stream:Byte Ptr, buff:Byte Ptr, length:Int, userdata:Byte Ptr)
	'Print "Hello"
	Print "callback!"
	Print length

Local snd_ptr:Short Ptr=Short Ptr(buff)
	'Print "going to loop"
	'1942
	'2183

For n=0 To (length/4)-1
		'Print n
		snd_ptr[0]=makesignedshort(32767.0*Sin(Float(sample)))		'Left speaker
		snd_ptr[1]=makesignedshort(32767.0*Sin(1.5*Float(sample)))	'Right speaker
		snd_ptr:+2
		sample:+1
	Next

Return 1
End Function

?Mac
FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_MAC)
?

FSOUND_SetDriver(0)
If Not FSOUND_Init(44100, 16, 0)
	Print "error"
EndIf

Local stream:Int = FSOUND_Stream_Create(CallbackPtr, 6*2048, FSOUND_NORMAL|FSOUND_16BITS|FSOUND_STEREO, 44100, Null)
FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE, stream)

If (FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE, NSFStream) = -1)
	Print("Error!")
EndIf

WaitKey()

FSOUND_Stream_Close(stream)
FSOUND_Close()

End

Finally got a streaming sound working with FMOD - ever taken absolute ages to get something working, and then forget why it was such a hassle? I did with this. Plays a different (streamed) tone through each speaker. Works fine on my Mac mini, untested on PC.

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#68]
Same memory error here. Could some other PC people try it? Maybe it's a problem with my memory. I'd really like to get to the bottom of this...

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#69]
Hmmm.. do you need to do some sort of FSOUND_SetOutput for the PC? Should my ?Mac directive be ?MacOs ? Can't remember. I would download the original decls file in case there was anything you changed in it. Make sure you have FMOD 3.7.4 installed - I accidentally installed a later version initially - even when you click on the older version, there are downloads of the newer on right there. I don't know if it's backwards compatible or not. The code is roughly copied from one of the stream examples, but there are bits missing, like the option to set sound output device - you could try adding these to see if another option works. Try taking the memory writes out of the stream callback - still get a memory error?

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#70]
Yeah, I got the same error when all the callback did was print a string, or even just return 1 without doing anything. I definitely have 3.7.4. I'd guess this has something to do with Windows memory management, and how FMOD allocates it. But the problem arises when the callback function returns - maybe it doesn't know where to return "to" or something?

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#71]
Im confused, is this working on mac. Perhaps Jack could update the top post if so?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#72]
Well there are 2 Mac examples including mine if you read down the thread - so at least some of the functions are proven to work on it.

DannyD(Posted 2005) [#73]
The original fmod code by Mystik used to work fine but can't be included in any other code and must be run standalone.The problem is that the libfmod.a use a same statement as another module blitzmax.mod. Anyone know how to fix this ? I think it needs to be coded NOT as a framework.

I tried Nomen luni code above. I rebuilt all Modules and compiled:
Compiling:mod.bmx
Compile Error: Can't find interface for module 'pub.fmod'

What gives ? I turned off quick build, rebuild all modules but still keep getting this ?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#74]
Danny - have you tried all the suggestions I gave to Denzil a couple of posts up? I would love to get a version of this that would work for everyone. You have saved Sveinung's pub.fmod to your public mods folder?

PetBom(Posted 2005) [#75]
Just bumping this question:
Has anyone managed to use the FSOUND_Sample_Lock()?
See above for details

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#76]
Found and fixed a couple of bugs:

Changed:

Function FSOUND_Stream_Open:Int(name_or_data:String,mode:Int,offset:Int,lenght:Int)
Function FSOUND_Stream_Play:Int(channel:Int,stream:Byte Ptr)
Function FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx:Int(channel:Int,stream:Byte Ptr,dspunit:Int,paused:Int)

To:

Function FSOUND_Stream_Open:Int(name_or_data:Byte Ptr,mode:Int,offset:Int,length:Int)
Function FSOUND_Stream_Play:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int)
Function FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int,dspunit:Int,paused:Int)

Not sure if this is 100% correct, but it fixed the problems I was having loading and playing streams.

Muttley

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#77]
Sorry, but where can one download the "current" win32 sources?

The links given to Drago's webspace are dead.

Tachyon(Posted 2005) [#78]
I second that. I've noticed a couple bug fixes posted above. Is anyone keeping the BMax mod up-to-date? Perhaps this would make a nice Wiki entry, with sample code and links to the latest mod?

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#79]
I don't think there's anyone coordinating this any more, which is a shame.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#80]
Updated to run under Max 1.12.

Download

Sveinung

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#81]
I had to re-fix the stream opening again, could you make these changes to your master copy?

250,252c250,252
<       Function FSOUND_Stream_Open:Int(name_or_data:String,mode:Int,offset:Int,lenght:Int)
<       Function FSOUND_Stream_Play:Int(channel:Int,stream:Byte Ptr)
<       Function FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx:Int(channel:Int,stream:Byte Ptr,dspunit:Int,paused:Int)
---
>       Function FSOUND_Stream_Open:Int(name_or_data:Byte Ptr,mode:Int,offset:Int,length:Int)
>       Function FSOUND_Stream_Play:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int)
>       Function FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int,dspunit:Int,paused:Int)
386d385
<

Cheers

Muttley

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#82]
Thanks Muttley. Its done...
Plus some more fixes

Sveinung

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#83]
Thanks mate,

Actually, I've just added this to return the relevant error code strings (pulled out of the FMOD docs) referenced by FSOUND_GetError(). Seems to work OK.

Muttley

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#84]
Hi guys. Does anyone have an examples of streaming oggs and use of the effects? Also, I'd prefer to use the loadMusic functions, does anyone know a decent site for xm's, it'sm etc other than modarchive.com

Any help is appreciated. Good work on the lib, everyone.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#85]
Thanks again Muttley. Your updates are now in.
New version on the server....

I'm now working on the linux version

Sveinung

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#86]
Here ya go Rimmsy:

HTH

Muttley

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#87]
That is awesome. Thank you very much. I thought there was so much more to it and it was hideously complicated. Again, thank you!

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#88]
Hm. I feel a bit silly. I basically copy/pasted your code and run it with some changes to reflect my needs. I get an "unable to convert from 'byte ptr' to 'string'" error at the toCString line. So I change this to just the file (because I read somewhere that you don't need to do that anymore)

Anyway, it runs but the stream handle is always null and FMOD returns a file not found error when I'm positive the file is there.

Anyway help muttley? Also.. do that laugh. You know the one.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#89]
@Rimmsy
Think you got an old version of the module. Please try to download it again. I think that will solw your problem.

Regards
Sveinung

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#90]
I downloaded the module from above, overwrote all the files then rebuilt all modules. I get some weird errors that I've highlighted in another thread. I think it gets to this error and stops so doesn't get a chance to compile the fmode lib. When I have the compile error sorted I think it'll work like you said, sveinung. Thanks for your help.

deps(Posted 2005) [#91]
Hi,

I can't get this to work on osx 10.3.9 using bmax 1.12
I get these errors when I compile anything trying to use fmod:
ld: Undefined symbols:
_FMUSIC_LoadSong
_FMUSIC_PlaySong
_FMUSIC_SetLooping
_FSOUND_Init
_FSOUND_SetDriver
_FSOUND_SetOutput
_FSOUND_GetError

Looks like it can't find libfmod.a

Everything seem to be fine when I build the modules.
I downloaded the file at http://www.sherrox.com/Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.zip
and also the mac 3.74 libfmod.a file from the fmod page.
I placed the libfmod.a file in blitzmax/lib and in blitzmax/mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod

Anyone know why this doesn't work?

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#92]
I haven't got a Mac to try it I'm afraid. :(

Muttley

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#93]
@deps
The Libfmod.a file in that packed is for win32. Download the fomod api from www.fmod.org. That should dom the trick I think.

Regards
Sveinung

deps(Posted 2005) [#94]
I have the libfmod.a for macintosh. At least that's what the .sit file said.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#95]
Please remove "strict" from the fmod.bmx source, when runnign 1.14!
Will solve this later.

Sveinung

TeaVirus(Posted 2005) [#96]
Has anyone had any luck using the stream callback with FSOUND_Stream_SetSyncCallback()?

I've been playing around with different datatypes in the callback function and various other permutations of this thing all evening with no luck. When FMOD hits the syncpoint that I've set 2 seconds into the song, it calls the callback (it actually prints "!The Syncpoint!") and then it locks up. Here's the code I've been working on:

If someone could give this a try and possibly point out what I'm doing wrong I'd really appreciate it!!

http://www.fmod.org/docs/HTML/FSOUND_STREAMCALLBACK.html

http://www.fmod.org/docs/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetSyncCallback.html

-Bryan

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#97]
Hi All,

Im trying to get XM tracks to run in a freeware game involving groups of 4 blocks falling down the screen ;o), My first game.

It looks like FMOD which I have downloaded (along with MinGW which I will need to compile to module) and installed should be able to play XM. Unfortunatly I'm unable to download any of the linked bmx zip/rar files to obtain the relevant module files!

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated?

Thank You

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#98]
You have downloaded the www.sherrox.com/Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.zip ???

If you are running on a win32 platform...you will find all you need in that zipfile.

Put the libfmod.a in your blitmax/lib/ folder
Put the fmod.mod in your blitzmax mod/pub.mod/ folder
Put the fmod.dll in your projectfolder(or system32 folder)

Start the blizmaxide and press Ctrl-D(Build modules).
And now you are ready to go!

I have updated the lib and it's now working perfectly under 1.14

Regards
Sveinung

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#99]
Nice one Sveinung you are a real trooper.

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#100]
Excellent it's all working fine now cheers Sveinung, the problem was my firewall silly think kept blocking the download! Sorted now cheers, now off to complete Candy Cascade!

TeaVirus(Posted 2005) [#101]
Hi Sveinung. I tried the updated version that you've uploaded and still no luck. The stream callback gets called (the print command works) but then fmod locks up. Have you been able to get any of the callbacks working?

Nomen luni - Any tips on how you got the stream callback working with FSOUND_Stream_Create? I tried the code that you have posted earlier in this thread and I have the same problem when the callback is called.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#102]
Tea-

I seem to be the only person who can run my code without a crash. I tested it on my Mac Mini, but I'm going to try it on my PC. I did fiddle with some of the function declarations but I'm pretty sure they all turned out to be right in the first place and I put them back.

I'll get back to you soon.

Big&(Posted 2005) [#103]
Just a quick thanks to you guys for doing this. Really is a top mod.

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#104]
Hi, Excellent work, but how would I load the file from an IncBin, I noticed that it was mentioned in this thread but I can't find a simple example?

Thank You

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2005) [#105]
I seem to be the only person who can run my code without a crash. I tested it on my Mac Mini, but I'm going to try it on my PC. I did fiddle with some of the function declarations but I'm pretty sure they all turned out to be right in the first place and I put them back.

I'll get back to you soon.

I've still had no luck on this or any other way of streaming my own sound (OpenAL? Hacking FreeSound?). It'd be fantastic if you could crack it...

Arowx(Posted 2005) [#106]
Hi,

No problem I think I've got it...

If fsound_init(22000,256,0) =  True
			DebugLog "Sound initialized."
		Else
			DebugLog "FMOD Sound failed to initialize."
		EndIf

FSOUND_DSP_SetActive(FSOUND_DSP_GetFFTUnit(),True)
		Local ofile:String = "incbin::salvation.xm"

' play music
		'Local music=fmusic_loadsong(ofile.ToCString())
		Local xmPtr:Byte Ptr = IncBinPtr("media/sfx/salvation.xm")
		Local music=fmusic_loadsongex(xmPtr, 0, IncbinLen("media/sfx/salvation.xm"), FSOUND_LOADMEMORY, Null, 0)
		If music > 0 Then
			fmusic_playsong(music)
			FMUSIC_SetMasterVolume(music,200)
			DebugLog "Music playing. "'+sname.FromCString(FMUSIC_GetName(music))
		Else 
			DebugLog "Music failed to load. FSOUND_ERROR :"+FMOD_GetError()
			DebugLog "IncbinLen : "+IncbinLen("media/sfx/salvation.xm")
		EndIf

FMUSIC_LoadSongEx was the key!

Cheers

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#107]
Does it hurt anything if I were to call FSOUND_Close() when I have not initialized using FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, 0 )? The reason I ask if because I looking for an easy way to shut of the sound. I could monitor the channel by it is set to auto allocate.

Big&(Posted 2005) [#108]
@Sean: One of these should sort you out if I understand you correctly:

FSOUND_StopSound(FSOUND_ALL)
FMUSIC_StopAllSongs()

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#109]
Really I was just wondering if a call to FSOUND_Close() causes any problems when you have not itialized anything?

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#110]
Try it and see ;)

Muttley

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#111]
The answer to your question is...no it doesn't hurt, but it will not turn off all sound either. You just get a FALSE returned from the FSOUND_Close().

Sveinung

Sean Doherty(Posted 2005) [#112]
Thanks,

It does seem to stop the song? I will have to take a closer look.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#113]
Does this work with bmx1.14 too?
As I can't get the xm player example running? :(

Is there a way to incbin the fmod.dll, so that one can distribute single exe files?

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#114]
@Grisu

1. You need the MaxGui module for the xm player. And yes, it run's on 1.14( at least I mine do...;) )

2. I think you then must save the fmod.dll back to disk, before initing the fmod module. Don't think or have never seen it run from memory.

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#115]
Thanks Sveinung.

Do you know how can I writeback the dll to the hdd out of the exefile?

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#116]
I think you have to load the fmod.dll as a standard dll withe the lib = LoadLibraryA ("fmod.dll")

Something like this...

P.S remember to turn off "Build Gui App" for this code!

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#117]
The code does not work, if you compile it and place the exe into an empty dir (without fmod.dll).

The problem is I have to store the memory address while compiling inside the exe. So the fmod.dll can be read out from that position later, when the app starts.

Sveinung(Posted 2005) [#118]
You'r right...forgot that i hade a fomd.dll in my system32.
Sorry

Sveinung

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#119]
Has anyone had any luck using the stream callbacks under Windows? Were you able to do your testing Nomen luni? I spent a few hours working on this again today and haven't been able to make any progress. If it looks like this can't be made to work in BMax then I might see if I can get BASS.dll working instead since it supports the same type of stream callbacks.

Jeroen(Posted 2006) [#120]
When I check out the FMOD license, I find that it costs thousands of dollars, not $100! Sorry, but I don't think Blitz users will pay that kind of license. Or, if I am wrong, where's that $100 statement?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#121]
U don't need to pay if you don't charge any thing for your application.

Nice for Sceners ;)

Sveinung

Muttley(Posted 2006) [#122]
Jeroen, look on their license page in the "Shareware, hobbyist agreement" section. It clearly states the $100 per title license details.

Muttley

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2006) [#123]
Is there anyone who's used FMOD with C++ around? If you could give me a basic .cpp file that successfully plays a MOD file using FMOD, that I can import in a BlitzMax application, I'd be very grateful. (Still trying to get streaming working on Windows, so I want to try doing it in C++ rather than BlitzMax and then just import it in, but I'm having real problems just getting the functions out of the DLL and stuff - bluffing my way in C++ really.)

norki(Posted 2006) [#124]
Regarding the license, has anyone had a look at 'porting' minifmod or DUMB? DUMB's license is very free, except you aren't allowed to feed your dog at 5pm whilst using it or something..

Robb(Posted 2006) [#125]
Thanks for the great module!

Do FX currently work with Blitzmax? If so how do you get them to work?
Whenever I call FSOUND_ENABLEFX the sound stops...
There is supposedly a tutorial on the fmod website but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#126]
There is some tutorials in the fmod doc file. I think you will find the "DX8 FX support" interesting :)

Sveinung

Robb(Posted 2006) [#127]
Aha! I've got it working now. Thanks
I swear i had done exactly what the tutorial said, but it didn't work before...ah well, it works now so that is all that matters :D

Are there still plans to add support for the latest version of Fmod?

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2006) [#128]
I created a Blitz Audio driver from the mod Sveinung posted tonight... it's pretty straight forward. Needs a tweak to the official mods to work, though. But it's a 100% replacement for FreeAudio, just use the native Blitz functions - LoadSound, PlaySound, AllocChannel, etc etc.

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#129]
Version 3.75 will be avail next week.

Sveinung

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#130]
Version 3.75 is ready. Added some more examples.

Download here

Sveinung

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#131]
First of all, I'd like to say that this is fantastic work and something I will definitely be using in the future.

However, I am having problems getting this to work on a Mac. The latest version (in the above post) works very well under Windows. What I need to know is, what do I need to do to get this to work on a Mac under OS X 10.4.4? I am a complete newbie when it comes to the Mac, so bear with me.

- Do I need to download additional files from fmod.org (as seems to be suggested in other posts)?

- Under Windows I need to include the DLL in the same folder as the program. Is there something similar I need to be doing on the Mac?

Currently, I get undefined label errors - even when I'm trying to compile a program that doesn't use it. I know I can get around that with Framework, but that's not practical on WIPs.

If someone could answer these questions that would be great.

On another note, will this be updated for version 4?

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#132]
Version 4 of fmod is a completely different product...

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#133]
@JazzieB

You need to exchange the libfmod.a file to the libfmod.a file you download from www.fmod.org (Mac version). That should bee all the change you have to make.

Here is some code from Mystic thats work on Mac

Sveinung

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#134]
I've already placed the Mac version of libfmod.a in both the mod/fmod folder and the lib folder. I did forget to recompile the modules, but I get the same thing after doing this, i.e. a list of undefined symbols during linking.

The example above produces the same results and it's as though BlitzMax isn't including Fmod during compilation even though it does rebeuild them during a rebuild. Here's what I get from the example above.

Building untitled1
Compiling:untitled1.bmx
Linking:untitled1
_FMUSIC_LoadSong
_FMUSIC_PlaySong
_FMUSIC_SetLooping
_FSOUND_Init
_FSOUND_SetDriver
_FSOUND_SetOutput
_FSOUND_GetError
Build Error: Failed to link /Applications/BlitzMax/tmp/untitled1.app/Contents/MacOS/untitled1
Process complete

Any ideas what I could be missing here, as I believe I've done all I need to after trying to piece it together from this very long thread?

What I've done so far is as follows.

1. Download the latest BlitzMax mod and FMOD from the link a few posts up for v3.75 of FMOD.

2. Copied the mod folder to mod/pub.

3. Downloaded FMOD 3.75 from fmod.org and install libfmod.a to the lib and mod/pub/fmod folders of BlitzMax.

4. Re-compiled all modules.

As far as I can tell, this is all I need to do. The only thing that hasn't been done is do anything with the DLL, as this is Windows only. Is there anything similar for the Mac I should be using?

Panno(Posted 2006) [#135]
hmm win32

i testet Function FMUSIC_IsFinished:Byte(mod_:Int)

to test if i can play the next song but it will not work

anyone?

HCow33(Posted 2006) [#136]
I have the same problem with FSOUND_IsPlaying:Byte(). It should return True/False, but it doesn't.

Here sound work around code:

'gets the value that should be zero
song_done = FSound_IsPlaying()
Play Song

if FSound_IsPlaying() = song_done then
load next song
Play next song
end if

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#137]
@Panno & HCow33

You are right FSOUND_IsPlaying(channel) does not return 0 or 1. I get a 8 char long number, with 0 or 1 at the end. So it do work in a strange way. Don't know why it does that. Thanks for letting me know.

Here is what i tested it on

Sveinung

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#138]
The most accurate way to perform an action at the end of a stream is to define a callback using FSOUND_Stream_SetEndCallback(). This is what I'd like to do but I was never able to get any of the callbacks working. I'll give it another try tonight since Max has been updated but I'm not getting my hopes up. =(

Has anyone had any luck getting the callbacks working on win32?

HCow33(Posted 2006) [#139]
How do you get the artist and song name from an internet radio stream? I cant get FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetMetadataCallback to work.

Any ideas?

TeaVirus(Posted 2006) [#140]
HCow33
Thanks to a tip from Korolis in another thread I finally got the callbacks working last night!! The function used as a callback needs to be defined using "Win32". For example:

Function StreamEndCallback(stream:byte ptr, data:byte ptr, usr:byte ptr) "Win32"

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#141]
New Update and a new example.

Demo of how to use incbin with FMUSIC commands

Regards
Sveinung

ninomojo(Posted 2006) [#142]
Hello,

I downloaded fmod_3_75_module.zip and I'm using BlitzMax 1.16. I place the fmod.mod folder and the fmod.a file where told.

Still the "Build Modules" and "Rebuild All Modules" options in BLitzIDE are all grey and therefore unusable.

I think I need a little hep :)
Thank you.

Nino

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#143]
Hello ninomojo

You need to turn of the "Quick Build" option under "Build Options" in the "Program" menu.

That should be it...

Regards
Sveinung

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#144]
Actually Ninomojo, you need to install MinGW before you can compile modules. There's a sticky topic around here somewhere that explains how to install it.

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#145]
Arghhh. Is there anyone who has got this working under BlitzMax 1.18 under Macos 10.4.5? I'm getting an error on this line: Mod_:Int = FMUSIC_LoadSong(cstr("../music/dirt.mod"))
The mod file exists but the compiler has an error with cstr .. Identifier cstr not found. :(

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#146]
Don't need to use the cstring for Fmusic_loadsong.
Just use FMUSIC_LOADSONG("../music/dirt.mod")
(FMUSIC_LOADSONGEX still needs the cstring )

Regards
Sveinung

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#147]
Sveinung.. Just want to confirm the file I need is Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.rar from http://www.sherrox.com/Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.zip ? Even better could someone add instructions to the BlitzMax wiki at http://blitzwiki.org/index.php/Fmod_%28Mac_Os_X_only%29 or post them here and I'll modify the wiki page. Thanks.

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#148]
Building modDemo
Compiling:modDemo.bmx
Linking:modDemo.debug
_FMUSIC_GetNumOrders
_FMUSIC_GetOrder
_FMUSIC_GetPatternLength
_FMUSIC_GetRow
_FMUSIC_GetTime
_FMUSIC_LoadSong
_FMUSIC_PlaySong
_FMUSIC_SetLooping
_FSOUND_GetCPUUsage
_FSOUND_GetChannelsPlaying
_FSOUND_GetCurrentLevels
_FSOUND_Init
_FSOUND_SetDriver
_FSOUND_SetOutput
_FSOUND_GetError
Build Error: Failed to link /Users/danny/Desktop/Mod/modDemo.debug.app/Contents/MacOS/modDemo.debug
Process complete

:(

Same link error as JazzieB got above.

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#149]
Mac users.

Remeber to download the fmod lib from fmod.org

Sveinung

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#150]
Graphics 300,150,0

FSOUND_Init(22000,256,0)

music = FSOUND_Sample_Load(1,"dreams_inc.mp3",0,0,0)
FSOUND_PlaySound(1,music)

Repeat

Cls()
	DrawText(FSOUND_IsPlaying(1),10,20)

If KeyHit(KEY_SPACE)

ll=1-ll
		If ll=1 Then FSOUND_StopSound(1)
		If ll=0 Then FSOUND_PlaySound(1,music)

EndIf

Flip()

Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE) Or id=259

FSOUND_StopSound(1)
fsound_Close()

End

isn't working

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#151]
Hehe...a little bug
But here is the workaround

Make a base value for the channel. That works

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#152]
Sveinung, have you found a way how one can incbin the fmod.dll and still use it?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#153]
I found that in order to do this you must have an exe that depack your dll and your main exe, then runs your main exe.
Not what you wanted, I know :(

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#154]
Ouch... now that's ugly.. :(

I thought BMX was advanced in these issues.
Hopefully we will get some native mp3/mod support as it was in bp/b3d. These workarounds are pure pain (tm)...

Robert Cummings(Posted 2006) [#155]
Anyone got this running on an intel mac?

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#156]
well I cooked up a fmod sample. VERY crappy I think.
Framework brl.glmax2d
Import Pub.Fmod
Import Brl.Blitz
Import Brl.System
Import Pub.Win32

?Win32
'Import "mp.o"
?
	Extern "win32" ' Crazy WinAPI stuff
	Function GetActiveWindow%()
End Extern

AppTitle$ = "Mp3 Player triforce guardian"

Graphics 800,200,0,60
SetGraphicsDriver GLMax2DDriver()

Global Volume = 300
Global Mode = FSOUND_Streamable
Global hWnd% = GetActiveWindow() ' Save current Window handle
	enableMinimize( hwnd% )
	enableMaximize( hwnd% )

FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND)
	FSOUND_Init(44100, 32, FSOUND_INIT_DSOUND_HRTF_FULL)
	FSOUND_Stream_SetBufferSize(2000)
	FSOUND_SetDriver(2)

While Not (KeyHit(Key_Escape) Or AppTerminate())

If KeyHit(Key_Space)
	FSOUND_Stream_Stop(oggStream)
	    filter$="Music Files: mp3;All Files:*"
             filename$=RequestFile( "Select a music file to open =]",filter$ )
					oggStream:Int = FSOUND_Stream_Open( filename.ToCString(), Mode, 0, 0 )
					FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume(Volume)
							FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE, oggStream)
	Else

EndIf
			Cls
			SetColor 60,100,200		
   If oggStream = Null Then
   DrawText "This is a MP3 player by Triforce Guardian",0,0
   DrawText "No Song Is Playing Please hit space to load your song",0,10
   DrawText "This may have poped up because your song has just ended.",0,30
						Else

FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume(Volume)
						If KeyHit(Key_Up) Then Volume:+10
						If KeyHit(Key_Down) Then Volume:-10

If KeyHit(Key_S) Then FSOUND_Stream_Stop(oggStream)

If KeyHit(Key_R) Then Mode = FSOUND_LOOP_NORMAL
			If KeyHit(Key_E) Then Mode = FSOUND_STREAMABLE

If KeyHit(Key_A) Then FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE,oggStream)
If Mode = FSOUND_LOOP_NORMAL Then DrawText "Repeat is on!",0,165	
If Mode = FSOUND_STREAMBABLE Then DrawText "Repeat is off!",0,165	

DrawText "This is a MP3 player by Triforce Guardian",0,0
	DrawText "Currently Playing: "+Filename,0,20
	DrawText "Memory Used(KB): "+GCMemAlloced(),0,40
	DrawText "CPU used: "+FSOUND_GetCPUUsage(),0,50
 	DrawText "Song Length: "+(FSOUND_Stream_GetTime(oggStream)/1000)+" / "+FSOUND_Stream_GetLengthMs(oggStream)/1000,0,60
	DrawText "Volume: "+Volume,0,70
	DrawText "Hit 'R' to repeat. NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO RELOAD THE SONG IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK!!!",0,135
	DrawText "Hit 'E' to disable repeat and the case is the same as above.",0,155
	DrawText "Hit 'S' to stop the song, Hit 'A' to reload the song from the beginning.",0,110
	DrawText "Hit 'Up' or 'Down' to control your volume.",0,120
EndIf

Flip ; Cls
GCCollect()
Wend

Function enableMaximize(hWnd:Long)
' Adds the Maximize Button "[]"
	Local tmp:Int = GetWindowLongA( hWnd, GWL_STYLE )
	tmp = tmp | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX
	SetWindowLongA( hWnd, GWL_STYLE, tmp )
	DrawMenuBar( hWnd )
End Function

Function enableMinimize(hWnd:Long)
' Adds the Minimize Button "_"
	Local tmp:Long = GetWindowLongA( hWnd, GWL_STYLE )
	tmp = tmp | WS_MINIMIZEBOX
	SetWindowLongA( hWnd,GWL_STYLE, tmp )
	DrawMenuBar( hWnd )
End Function
FSOUND_Close()
End

this should help people get an idea on how to use this

EDIT: winapi was taken from a example from this forum...I forgot who made it. Just remove the winapi code if you want to modify it for mac and linux

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#157]
Add
    Function FSOUND_DSPCallBack(orginalbuffer:Byte Ptr,newbuffer:Byte Ptr,length:Int,param:Byte Ptr)

and you got another command

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#158]
A general question:
Does Fmod use less resources (Cpu/Ram) when playing files than the bmx native sound output?

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#159]
for me its about the same

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#160]
Another newbie question:

Is it possible to stream ogg/mp3 files with it?

So the app doesn't have to load the full file into memory at startup?

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#161]
Yes ogg/mp3's are streamable

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#162]
Could you give me a small example source code?
(i.e. how to play an ogg file and make fmod to stream it)

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#163]
@Grisu
You could use my streaming example from the modulepack.
Streaming.bmx...;)

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#164]
Will have a look. Didn't notice that. Thanks.

*solved*

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#165]
Ahm, can I detect if a file is playing when streaming it?

FSOUND_IsPlaying:Byte(channel:Int) doesn't seem to work... :(

tonyg(Posted 2006) [#166]
You are right FSOUND_IsPlaying(channel) does not return 0 or 1. I get a 8 char long number, with 0 or 1 at the end. So it do work in a strange way. Don't know why it does that. Thanks for letting me know.

from earlier in the thread.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#167]
Thanks for pointing that out.
All quite confusing... :/

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#168]
Another one from me... :/

Is it possible to display a graphical visualisation of the channels playing while streaming an ogg file. Same as in the xmplayer example.

I managed to cut it down to this:

Strict

Framework BRL.D3D7Max2D
Import BRL.Basic
Import BRL.System
Import Pub.Fmod

Incbin "an-path.xm"

Const GFX_WIDTH = 1024, GFX_HEIGHT = 768, BIT_DEPTH = 32, HERTZ = 60
Graphics GFX_WIDTH, GFX_HEIGHT, BIT_DEPTH
SeedRnd MilliSecs()

FSOUND_SetOutput(FSOUND_OUTPUT_DSOUND);
FSOUND_SetDriver(0)
 Print "error"
End If

Global Left_:Float, Right_:Float
Global xmPtr:Byte Ptr = IncbinPtr("an-path.xm")
Global Mod_=fmusic_loadsongex(xmPtr, 0, IncbinLen("an-path.xm"), FSOUND_LOADMEMORY, Null,0) 

FMUSIC_PlaySong(Mod_);

Repeat
    	Cls

For Local i:Int = 0 To FSOUND_GetChannelsPlaying()-1           
			SetColor (i*32,i*16,(128)+i*2)
			FSOUND_GetCurrentLevels(i,Varptr(left_),Varptr(right_))
			DrawRect 180+(12*i),100,4,-(left_*130.0)
			DrawRect 180+(12*i)+6,100,4,-(right_*130.0)
	    Next

SetBlend ALPHABLEND
		SetColor 255, 255, 255
		DrawText "Usage: " + GCMemAlloced() / 1024 + "MB  ", 10, 60
        DrawRect 180,105,180+340,1

Flip

Until KeyDown(KEY_ESCAPE) Or MouseHit(1) Or AppTerminate() 

My problem, I need to have such an output field while streaming! random ogg's from the hdd.

Any hints?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#169]
Yes it's possible. You can use the spectrum. Check out the xmplayer example, there you will see how it's setup.

regards
Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#170]
Thanks, I was completely on the wrong track with counting channels... :)

Tachyon(Posted 2006) [#171]
I've noticed that with all the examples, when compiled and run as a stand-alone program (without the IDE), the black console window opens along with the main app, even if there is no output sent to the console. Is it something I am doing wrong? Has anyone made a Windowed GUI app using FMOD that doesn't cause the console to open along with it?

If this is something that "just happens" with FMOD, then it's a showkiller for me.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#172]
Inside the bmx gui enable "build" -> "build GUI APP" and they're gone.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#173]
Me again.

Can someone change the module structure, so that fmod is only included when I use a framework for it and not by default?

What I dislike is that now every app without a framework needs the fmod.dll inside the folder! I'd like to test a simple "hello world" => compile error, fmod.dll not found?!?

This is highly annoying!

LAB[au](Posted 2006) [#174]
Anyone had a look at Fmod EX 4.04? The features list is impressive ...

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#175]
You can put the fmod.dll in your system32 folder and you won't need it to test small apps. Just make sure you include it in final builds, obviously.

BUT, what I REALLY want to know is, does it work on a Mac yet?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#176]
@LAB
The FMod BM module hasn't been that popular, so you may have to do that your self. Sorry!
I have started on this, so if you want what I got I can send it to you.

Cheers
Sveinung

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#177]
I'm going to work on FMOD ex...or at least attempt =P.

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#178]
Good luck! looking forward to try it :)

Sveinung

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#179]
JazzieB,
Fraid not. Fmod worked on the mac back in BM1.14 but since then it has stopped. I would be more than happy to test if you can provide instructions.

Here is a mac fmod wiki page I wrote:
http://blitzwiki.org/index.php/Fmod_%28Mac_Os_X_only%29

We need to chase people who ported it previously. Mystik and Nomen luni both got it working previously.

Nomen luni/Mystik fancy compiling and testing it under BlitzMax 1.20 ? Please post to this thread if interested:http://blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=57975

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#180]
Hello again.

I'm using stream_play for playing ogg files.
FSOUND_Stream_Play(1,shorttrailer)

I'd love having a small player panel.

Does someone know how I can get:

1. the total length of the ogg file in h:mins:seconds?
2. the current playtime ^
3. and how to jump inside the stream (forward / backwards)?

Thanks.

There are
Function FSOUND_Stream_GetPosition:Int(stream:Int)
Function FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition:Int(stream:Int)
for instance, but I don't understand how to use them without crashing.

Space Fractal(Posted 2006) [#181]
Found Fmod3_74_BlitzMax.rar, but is this for win32 only? Cant find the linux version, since the first post is broken.

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#182]
I've looked at the win32 FMOD module source code and it might work with linux. I'm not sure of it but it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot.

EDIT:

Grisu (Posted 2 days ago)
Hello again.

I'm using stream_play for playing ogg files.

There are
Function FSOUND_Stream_GetPosition:Int(stream:Int)
Function FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition:Int(stream:Int)
for instance, but I don't understand how to use them without crashing.

I'll try and see if I can get that to work. Also, it's FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition:Int(stream:Int,Position:Int).

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#183]
If you download the 3.75 zip file. That works... at least with ubuntu 6.06. :)

Regards
Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#184]
@Triforce: Thanks a lot for looking into this!

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#185]
^^Any luck so far?

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#186]
@Grisu:

You should check what you're doing, I don't crash.

case butn[1]
	pos = FSOUND_Stream_GetPosition(stream)
			pos:+ 3211
	FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition(stream,pos)

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#187]
My problem is that I want to create a MagGUI winamp like slider, so that the user can "jump" around while playing a file.

But I can't get the slider accurate and at the end of a track the system complete breaks down.

My Function to transform the length into "h:m:s" or "m:s"
Function Get_TrailerTime:String(Length:Long,show_hour:Byte)
' show_hour = 00:00:00 or 00:00 digit format
Local minutes:Int=0, hours:Int=0, seconds:Int=0  
Local minstr:String="", hourstr:String="", secondstr:String=""
Local timestring:String 

length=length/1000 ' Seconds only

If show_hour=0 Then 

minutes=length/60
	If minutes < 10 Then minstr="0"+String(minutes) Else minstr=String(minutes)

seconds=length-minutes*60
	If seconds < 10 Then secondstr="0"+String(seconds) Else secondstr=String(seconds)

timestring=minstr+":"+secondstr

Else 

hours=length/60/60
	If hours < 10 Then hourstr="0"+String(hours) Else hourstr=String(hours)

minutes=(length/60)-(hours*60)
	If minutes < 10 Then minstr="0"+String(minutes) Else minstr=String(minutes)

seconds=length-(hours*60+minutes)*60
	If seconds < 10 Then secondstr="0"+String(seconds) Else secondstr=String(seconds)

timestring=hourstr+":"+minstr+":"+secondstr
EndIf 
Return timestring
End Function

StartPlay function:
Function Play_TrailerNOW()
        TrailerSliderReset=0
        FSOUND_Stream_Close(shorttrailer)
        Local spec:Byte Ptr = FSOUND_DSP_GetSpectrum()
        Select cfg_dfamode 
          Case 0
				shorttrailer=FSOUND_Stream_Open("Trailer/"+MyArray[Current_Folge].trailer,0,0,0)
          Case 1
				shorttrailer=FSOUND_Stream_Open("Trailer/"+MyKidsArray[Current_Folge].trailer,0,0,0)
        End Select 

Local length:Long=FSOUND_Stream_GetLengthMS(shorttrailer)
        TrailerLength:Long=FSOUND_Stream_GetLength(shorttrailer)/8442-1
        If length < 3600000 Then 
	        TrailerMaxtime:String=Get_TrailerTime(length,0)
            show_hour=False
        Else 
	        TrailerMaxtime:String=Get_TrailerTime(length,1)
            show_hour=True
        EndIf 
        Select cfg_dfamode 
          Case 0
                SetGadgetText (TrailerLabel," Trailer: "+Mid(MyArray[Current_Folge].name,10,Len(MyArray[Current_Folge].name)))
          Case 1
                SetGadgetText (TrailerLabel," Trailer: "+Mid(MyKidsArray[Current_Folge].name,10,Len(MyKidsArray[Current_Folge].name)))
        End Select 

SetSliderRange TrailerPosSlider:TGadget,1,(FSOUND_Stream_GetLength(shorttrailer)/8442)
        FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume(cfg_volume)
        snd_startplay=False 
End Function 

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#188]
Here's a tip, use FSOUND_MPEGACCURATE. Your code seems OK to me, but I'll toy around with it and see what I can do.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#189]
It seems like one second is missing with all my ogg-files (from my time output). FSOUND_MPEGACCURATE doesn't help.
Was worth a try.

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#190]
You sure you used FSOUND_MPEGACCURATE correctly?
Psuedo Code.
music=FSOUND_Stream_Open(song.ToCString(),FSOUND_MPEGACCURATE, 0, 0)

hmm.. I believe thats what you did wrong. But prehaps it's a problem within FMOD, which I highly doubt.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#191]
It's mostly bug called user error... ;)

Think I have it now. I switched from real positions to positions given in millisecs and it works fine.

Though I have some other issues:

Is it possible to pause and resume a streamed file? Couldn't find functions for that under stream. Need that for doíng a "pause" button.

I currently use a SCROLLBAR for displaying the "progress".

As I dislike having "arrows" at both ends: Do you know a way how I could use a TRACKBAR or other slidertype instead? A TRACKBAR looks cooler for the purpose, but I have to "shrink" it somehow to fit into 180 pixel width on my panel.

To put it short: I need a SLIDER_TRACKBAR with a proportional size knob.

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#192]
Well.... you can use a canvas or an progress bar. I've got pause to work with FSOUND_Stream. It's simple really... I'll post some pseudo code.

Case file_pause	
  pause = true
	FSOUND_SetPaused(FSOUND_ALL,pause)

If pause = True
				pause = False
		 FSOUND_GetPaused(FSOUND_ALL)
				FSOUND_SetPaused(FSOUND_ALL,pause)
endif

There ya go =P. Simple pause code.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#193]
Thanks for the bit of code. Will test it asap and report back.

Slowly my player looks like one.. :)

I have tried using a canvas already, but due to the fact that the scale has to be proportional my code didn't work out well so far.

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#194]
It's so simple if you know how:

If trailerpaused=False Then
			trailerpaused=True
            FSOUND_SetPaused(FSOUND_ALL,trailerpaused)
          Else
			trailerpaused=False
            FSOUND_GetPaused(FSOUND_ALL)
            FSOUND_SetPaused(FSOUND_ALL,trailerpaused)
          EndIf 

Up and working... :D

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#195]
yep! You got it figured out =D. Now time to continue FMODex port.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#196]
Hi :)

I'm trying to make some spectrum analyser test with FMOD but this example
seem don't work correctly ? :) any idea ? :)

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2006) [#197]
With the module, there are a few examples within the ZIP file. modDemo.bmx, and XMPlayer.BMX has a spectrum analyzer.

Filax(Posted 2006) [#198]
yes but it work only for mods ! whith mp3 you need to use
another commands

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#199]
@Fliax:

Just call 0800-Grisu... :)))))))))))))

Function Call_0800_Grisu()
Local spec:Byte Ptr= FSOUND_DSP_GetSpectrum()
            Local bnk:TBank =Null
        	bnk:TBank = CreateStaticBank(spec,512*4)
            SetBlend Alphablend
			SetAlpha 0.6
			For Local x:Int=0 To 253 'Step 2
					Local yp:Int=(PeekFloat(bnk,x*4)*500)
					SetColor (x/8*32,x/8*16,(128)+x/8*2)
                    yp=yp*4 
                    If yp>60 Then yp=60
					DrawLine 40+x,274+60-yp,40+x,274+60
			Next
			SetAlpha 1.0
            SetColor 255,255,255
End Function  

Filax(Posted 2006) [#200]
Yeahh !! that cool :) many thanks !

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#201]
still nobdy got the Mac version working?

JazzieB(Posted 2006) [#202]
still nobdy got the Mac version working?

I'm beginning to think nobody is ever going to answer that one, becauae I've asked it in this thread somewhere, plus another couple of threads I started specifically to answer this question and the last answer I got was "it broke from v1.14 of BlitzMax".

If the answer is yes, then I will go through all the trouble of re-installing all the libs and stuff, and then ask questions when something doesn't work right. I don't want to do all this only to later find that it still hasn't been fixed.

So, somebody please, does it now work on the Mac? If so, how do we install it, as it's a bit different to Windows?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#203]
Sorry...Don't have a Mac.

Sveinung

DannyD(Posted 2006) [#204]
How about someone with a mac giving Sveinung or someone access to a mac via vnc ? Who has a mac , broadband connection and is willing ?

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#205]
Perhaps someone can even donate an old mac for testing purposes? ;)

I only have a PC, sorry.

Abrexxes(Posted 2006) [#206]
How can i load a module from a bank? (not incbin)
Is there anyone with a little code? Only load a *mod to a Bank and give it with a pointer to LoadSongEx.(so what i want to do is play a mod from the memory.

thanks.

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#207]
Here you go....

Sveinung

Abrexxes(Posted 2006) [#208]
thx Sveinung.

That is exactly what i need. :)

bye

allos(Posted 2006) [#209]
does fmod allow real time (or modestly redarded) spectral analysis of microphone input?
and if yes, can someone help with hints?
(I understand that any subsequent graphical display of frequencies is on the programmer's side)

thank you
allos

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#210]
@allos

Yes i does.
I'll make a demo...just need to get hold off a mic :)

Sveinung

ninjarat(Posted 2006) [#211]
How do you get the fmod source?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#212]
FMod is a comercial product, so I don't think they will give you the source.

Sveinung

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#213]
Sveinung is probably right... ;)

Grisu(Posted 2006) [#214]
Will Fmod still be updated? Or is 3.75 the final release?

Sveinung(Posted 2006) [#215]
I will try to keep it updated. But it will only be the 3.xx. I've looked at the version 4, but I do not have time for that just now. I still have the 3.75 doc to write :(

Sveinung

popcade(Posted 2006) [#216]
For XM only play, use uFMOD

http://ufmod.sf.net

The problem is to find a tracker...

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#217]
You can use Skale Tracker

Sveinung

Sub_Zero(Posted 2007) [#218]
Perhaps someone can even donate an old mac for testing purposes? ;)

I only have a PC, sorry.

I heard there's an OSX version that's intel based (x86), any news on that?

burpy(Posted 2007) [#219]
Heres the text to append to the commands.txt in docmods to make the fmod module appear as proper functions with quick help and detailed help. I dont know if it is a copyright infringment, it shouldnt be, as this is just meant for learning etc. You need to get the help htmls from fmod website and put them into the correct place indicated in the text below.(If there is an official way to add commands for highlighting/quickhelp etc, please tell me). Thanks

Marc Specter

FMUSIC_PlaySong:Byte(Mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_PlaySong.html
FMUSIC_FreeSong:Byte(Module_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_FreeSong.html
FMUSIC_LoadSong:Int(Name:Byte Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_LoadSong.html
FMUSIC_LoadSongEx:Int(Name:Byte Ptr,offset:Int,length:Int,mode:Int,samplelist:Int Ptr,samplelistnum:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_LoadSongEx.html
FMUSIC_OptimizeChannels:Byte(Module_:Int,Maxchannels:Int,minvolume:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_OptimizeChannels.html
FMUSIC_PlaySong:Byte(Mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_PlaySong.html
FMUSIC_SetInstCallback:Byte(Modul:Int,callback:Int,instrument:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetInstCallback.html
FMUSIC_SetLooping:Byte(Mod_:Int,Looping:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetLooping.html
FMUSIC_SetMasterSpeed:Byte(Mod_:Int,Speed:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetMasterSpeed.html
FMUSIC_SetMasterVolume:Byte(Mod_:Int,Volume:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetMasterVolume.html
FMUSIC_SetOrder:Byte(Mod_:Int,Order:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetOrder.html
FMUSIC_SetOrderCallback:Byte(modul:Int,callback:Int,orderstep:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetOrderCallback.html
FMUSIC_SetPanSeperation:Byte(Mod_:Int,Pan:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetPanSeperation.html
FMUSIC_SetPaused:Byte(Mod_:Int,Pause:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetPaused.html
FMUSIC_SetReverb:Byte(Mod_:Int,Pause:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetReverb.html
FMUSIC_SetRowCallback:Byte(modul:Int,callback:Int,rowstep:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetRowCallback.html
FMUSIC_SetSample:Byte(Mod_int,sampno:Int,sptr:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetSample.html
FMUSIC_SetUserData:Byte(modul:Int,userdata:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetUserData.html
FMUSIC_SetZxxCallback:Byte(modul:Int,callback:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_SetZxxCallback.html
FMUSIC_StopAllSongs()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_StopAllSongs.html
FMUSIC_StopSong(Mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_StopSong.html
FMUSIC_GetBPM:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetBPM.html
FMUSIC_GetGlobalVolume:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetGlobalVolume.html
FMUSIC_GetMasterVolume:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetMasterVolume.html
FMUSIC_GetName:Byte Ptr(modul:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetName.html
FMUSIC_GetNumChannels:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetNumChannels.html
FMUSIC_GetNumInstruments:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetNumInstruments.html
FMUSIC_GetNumOrders:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetNumOrders.html
FMUSIC_GetNumPatterns:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetNumPatterns.html
FMUSIC_GetNumSamples:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetNumSamples.html
FMUSIC_GetOpenState:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetOpenState.html
FMUSIC_GetOrder:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetOrder.html
FMUSIC_GetPattern:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetPattern.html
FMUSIC_GetPatternLength:Int(mod_:Int,OrderNo:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetPatternLength.html
FMUSIC_GetPaused:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetPaused.html
FMUSIC_GetRealChannel:Int(mod_:Int,channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetRealChannel.html
FMUSIC_GetRow:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetRow.html
FMUSIC_GetSample:Int(mod_:Int,SampleNo:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetSample.html
FMUSIC_GetSpeed:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetSpeed.html
FMUSIC_GetTime:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetTime.html
FMUSIC_GetType:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetType.html
FMUSIC_GetUserData:Int(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_GetUserData.html
FMUSIC_IsFinished:Byte(mod_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_IsFinished.html
FMUSIC_IsPlaying:Byte(mod_:Int)| /Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FMUSIC_IsPlaying.html
FSOUND_Close()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Close.html
FSOUND_File_SetCallbacks(OpenCallback:Int,CloseCallback:Int,ReadCallback:Int,SeekCallback:Int,TellCallback:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_File_SetCallbacks.html
FSOUND_Init:Byte(mixrate:Int,maxsoftwarechannels:Int,flags:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Init.html
FSOUND_SetDriver:Byte(Driver:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetDriver.html
FSOUND_SetMaxHardwareChannels:Byte(max_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetMaxHardwareChannels.html
FSOUND_SetMemorySystem:Byte(poolmem:Int Ptr,poollen:Int,useralloc:Int Ptr,userrealloc:Int Ptr,userfree:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetMemorySystem.html
FSOUND_SetMinHardwareChannels:Byte(Channels:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetMinHardwareChannels.html
FSOUND_SetMixer:Byte(mixer:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetMixer.html
FSOUND_SetOutput:Byte(outputtype:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetOutput.html
FSOUND_SetPanSeperation:Byte(pansep:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetPanSeperation.html
FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume:Byte(Volume:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetSFXMasterVolume.html
FSOUND_SetSpeakerMode:Byte(speakermode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetSpeakerMode.html
FSOUND_Update:Byte()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Update.html
FSOUND_GetCPUUsage:Float()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetCPUUsage.html
FSOUND_GetChannelsPlaying:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetChannelsPlaying.html
FSOUND_GetDriver:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetDriver.html
FSOUND_GetDriverCaps:Byte(id:Int,Caps:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetDriverCaps.html
FSOUND_GetDriverName:Byte Ptr(id:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetDriverName.html
FSOUND_GetError:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetError.html
FSOUND_GetMaxSamples:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetMaxSamples.html
FSOUND_GetMaxChannels:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetMaxChannels.html
FSOUND_GetMemoryStats(currentalloced:Int Ptr,maxAlloced:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetMemoryStats.html
FSOUND_GetNumDrivers:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetNumDrivers.html
FSOUND_GetNumHWChannels:Int(num2d:Int Ptr,num3d:Int Ptr,total:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetNumHWChannels.html
FSOUND_GetOutput:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetOutput.html
FSOUND_GetOutputHandle:Byte Ptr()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetOutputHandle.html
FSOUND_GetOutputRate:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetOutputRate.html
FSOUND_GetSFXMasterVolume:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetSFXMasterVolume.html
FSOUND_GetVersion:Float()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetVersion.html
FSOUND_Sample_Alloc:Int(index:Int,length:Int,mode:Int,deffreq:Int,defvol:Int,defpan:Int,defpri:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Alloc.html
FSOUND_Sample_Free(Sample:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Free.html
FSOUND_Sample_Get:Byte Ptr(poolID:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Get.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetDefaults:Byte(sptr:Int,deffreq:Int Ptr,defvol:Int Ptr,defpan:Int Ptr,defpri:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetDefaults.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetDefaultsEx:Byte(sptr:Int,deffreq:Int Ptr,defvol:Int Ptr,defpan:Int Ptr,defpri:Int Ptr,varfreq:Int Ptr,varvol:Int Ptr,varpan:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetDefaultsEx.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetLength:Int(sptr:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetLength.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetLoopPoints:Byte(sptr:Int,loopstart:Int Ptr,loopend:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetLoopPoints.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetMinMaxDistance:Byte(sptr:Int,min_:Float Ptr,max_:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetMinMaxDistance.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetMode:Byte(sptr:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetMode.html
FSOUND_Sample_GetName:Byte Ptr(sptr:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_GetName.html
FSOUND_Sample_Load:Int(index:Int,filename:Byte Ptr,inputmode:Int,offset:Int,length:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Load.html
FSOUND_Sample_Lock:Byte(sptr:Int,offset:Int,length:Int,ptr1:Byte Ptr,ptr2:Byte Ptr,len1:Int Ptr,len2:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Lock.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetDefaults:Byte(sptr:Int,deffreq:Int Ptr,defvol:Int Ptr,defpan:Int Ptr,defpri)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetDefaults.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetDefaultsEx:Byte(sptr:Int,deffreq:Int Ptr,defvol:Int Ptr,defpan:Int Ptr,defpri:Int Ptr,varfreq:Int Ptr,varvol:Int Ptr,varpan:Int Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetDefaultsEx.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetMaxPlaybacks:Byte(sptr:Int,max_:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetMaxPlaybacks.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetMinMaxDistance:Byte(sptr:Int,min_:Float,max_:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetMinMaxDistance.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetMode:Byte(sptr:Int,mode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetMode.html
FSOUND_Sample_SetLoopPoints:Byte(sptr:Int,loopstart:Int,loopend:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_SetLoopPoints.html
FSOUND_Sample_Unlock:Byte(sptr:Int,ptr1:Int Ptr,ptr2:Int Ptr,len1:Int,len2:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Unlock.html
FSOUND_Sample_Upload:Byte(sptr:Int,srcdata:Int Ptr,mode_in:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Sample_Upload.html
FSOUND_PlaySound:Int(channel:Int,sptr:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_PlaySound.html
FSOUND_PlaySoundEx:Int(channel:Int,sptr:Int,dspunitLint,startpaused:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_PlaySoundEx.html
FSOUND_StopSound:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_StopSound.html
FSOUND_SetFrequency:Byte(channel:Int,Freq:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetFrequency.html
FSOUND_SetLevels:Byte(channel:Int,frontleft:Int,center:Int,frontright:Int,backleft:Int,backright:Int,lfe:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetLevels.html
FSOUND_SetLoopMode:Byte(channel:Int,loopmode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetLoopMode.html
FSOUND_SetMute:Byte(channel:Int,Mute:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetMute.html
FSOUND_SetPan:Byte(channel:Int,Pan:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetPan.html
FSOUND_SetPaused:Byte(channel:Int,Pause:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetPaused.html
FSOUND_SetPriority:Byte(channel:Int,Priority:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetPriority.html
FSOUND_SetReserved:Byte(channel:Int,Reserved:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetReserved.html
FSOUND_SetSurround:Byte(channel:Int,Surround:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetSurround.html
FSOUND_SetVolume:Byte(channel:Int,Volume :Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetVolume.html
FSOUND_SetVolumeAbsolute:Byte(channel:Int,Volume :Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetVolumeAbsolute.html
FSOUND_GetVolume:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetVolume.html
FSOUND_GetAmplitude:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetAmplitude.html
FSOUND_3D_SetAttributes:Byte(channel:Int,pos:Float Ptr,vel:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_SetAttributes.html
FSOUND_3D_SetMinMaxDistance:Byte(channel:Int,min_:Float,max_:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_SetMinMaxDistance.html
FSOUND_SetCurrentPosition:Byte(channel:Int,pos:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_SetCurrentPosition.html
FSOUND_GetCurrentPosition:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetCurrentPosition.html
FSOUND_GetCurrentSample:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetCurrentSample.html
FSOUND_GetCurrentLevels:Byte(channel:Int,l:Float Ptr,r:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetCurrentLevels.html
FSOUND_GetFrequency:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetFrequency.html
FSOUND_GetLoopMode:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetLoopMode.html
FSOUND_GetMixer:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetMixer.html
FSOUND_GetMute:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetMute.html
FSOUND_GetNumSubChannels:Int(channels:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetNumSubChannels.html
FSOUND_GetPan:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetPan.html
FSOUND_GetPaused:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetPaused.html
FSOUND_GetPriority:Int(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetPriority.html
FSOUND_GetReserved:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetReserved.html
FSOUND_GetSubChannel:Int(channels:Int,subchannels:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetSubChannel.html
FSOUND_GetSurround:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_GetSurround.html
FSOUND_IsPlaying:Byte(channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_IsPlaying.html
FSOUND_3D_GetAttributes:Byte(channel:Int,pos:Float Ptr,vel:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_GetAttributes.html
FSOUND_3D_GetMinMaxDistance:Byte(channel:Int,min_:Float Ptr,max_:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_GetMinMaxDistance.html
FSOUND_3D_Listener_GetAttributes:Byte(pos:Float Ptr,vel:Float Ptr,fx:Float Ptr,fy:Float Ptr,fz:Float Ptr,tx:Float Ptr,ty:Float Ptr,tz:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_Listener_GetAttributes.html
FSOUND_3D_Listener_SetAttributes:Byte(pos:Float Ptr,vel:Float Ptr,fx:Float Ptr,fy:Float Ptr,fz:Float Ptr,tx:Float Ptr,ty:Float Ptr,tz:Float Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_Listener_SetAttributes.html
FSOUND_3D_Listener_SetCurrent:Byte(current:Int ,numlisteners:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_Listener_SetCurrent.html
FSOUND_3D_SetDistanceFactor(Factor:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_SetDistanceFactor.html
FSOUND_3D_SetDropplerFactor(Distance:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_SetDropplerFactor.html
FSOUND_3D_SetRolloffFactor(Factor:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_3D_SetRolloffFactor.html
FSOUND_Stream_AddSyncPoint:Byte(stream:Int,pcmoffset:Int,name:Byte Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_AddSyncPoint.html
FSOUND_Stream_Close:Byte(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Close.html
FSOUND_Stream_Create:Byte(callback:Int,lenbytes:Int,mode:Int,samplerate:Int,userdate:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Create.html
FSOUND_Stream_CreateDSP:Byte(stream:Int,callback:Int,priority:Int,param:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_CreateDSP.html
FSOUND_Stream_DeleteSyncPoint:Byte(point:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_DeleteSyncPoint.html
FSOUND_Stream_FindTagField:Byte(stream:Int,ttype:Int,name:String,value:Int,lenght:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_FindTagField.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetLength:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetLength.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetLengthMs:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetLengthMs.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetMode(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetMode.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetNumSubStreams:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetNumSubStreams.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetNumSyncPoints:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetNumSyncPoints.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetNumTagFields:Byte(stream:Int,num:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetNumTagFields.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetOpenState:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetOpenState.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetPosition:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetPosition.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetSample:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetSample.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetSyncPoint:Int(stream:Int,index:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetSyncPoint.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetSyncPointInfo:Int(point:Int,pcmoffset:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetSyncPointInfo.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetTagField:Byte(stream:Int,ttype:Int,name:Byte Ptr,value:Int,lenght:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetTagField.html
FSOUND_Stream_GetTime:Int(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_GetTime.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetBufferProperties:Byte(buffersize:Int,prebuffer_percent:Int,rebuffer_percent:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetBufferProperties.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetLastServerStatus:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetLastServerStatus.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetStatus:Byte(stream:Int,status:Int,bufferused:Int,bitrate:Int,flags:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_GetStatus.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetBufferProperties:Byte(buffersize:Int,prebuffer_percent:Int,rebuffer_precent:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetBufferProperties.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetMetadataCallback:Byte(stream:Int,callback:Int,userdata:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetMetadataCallback.html
FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetProxy:Byte(proxy:Byte Ptr)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Net_SetProxy.html
FSOUND_Stream_Open:Int(name_or_data:Byte Ptr,mode:Int,offset:Int,lenght:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Open.html
FSOUND_Stream_Play:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Play.html
FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx:Int(channel:Int,stream:Int,dspunit:Int,paused:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_PlayEx.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetBufferSize:Byte(ms:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetBufferSize.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetEndCallback:Byte(stream:Int,callback:Int,userdata:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetEndCallback.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetLoopCount:Byte(stream:Int,count:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetLoopCount.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetLoopPoints:Byte(stream:Int,loopstart:Int,loopend:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetLoopPoints.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetMode:Byte(stream:Int,mode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetMode.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition:Byte(stream:Int,position:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetPosition.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetSubStream:Byte(stream:Int,index:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetSubStream.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetSubStreamSentence:Byte(stream:Int,sentencelist:Int,numitems:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetSubStreamSentence.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetSyncCallback:Byte(stream:Int,callback:Int,userdata:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetSyncCallback.html
FSOUND_Stream_SetTime:Byte(stream:Int,ms:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_SetTime.html
FSOUND_Stream_Stop:Byte(stream:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Stream_Stop.html
FSOUND_CD_GetNumTracks:Int(drive:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_GetNumTracks.html
FSOUND_CD_GetPaused:Byte(drive:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_GetPaused.html
FSOUND_CD_GetTrack:Int(drive:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_GetTrack.html
FSOUND_CD_GetTrackLength:Int(drive:Int,track:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_GetTrackLength.html
FSOUND_CD_GetTrackTime:Int(drive:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_GetTrackTime.html
FSOUND_CD_OpenTray:Byte(drive:Int,open:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_OpenTray.html
FSOUND_CD_Play:Byte(drive:Int,track:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_Play.html
FSOUND_CD_SetPaused:Byte(drive:Int,paused:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_SetPaused.html
FSOUND_CD_SetPlayMode(drive:Int,mode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_SetPlayMode.html
FSOUND_CD_SetTrackTime:Byte(drive:Int,ms:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_SetTrackTime.html
FSOUND_CD_SetVolume:Byte(drive:Int,volume:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_SetVolume.html
FSOUND_CD_Stop:Byte(drive:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_CD_Stop.html
FSOUND_DSP_ClearMixBuffer()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_ClearMixBuffer.html
FSOUND_DSP_Create:Int(callback:Int,priority:Int,param:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_Create.html
FSOUND_DSP_Free(unit:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_Free.html
FSOUND_DSP_SetActive(unti:Int,active:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_SetActive.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetActive:Byte(unit:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetActive.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetBufferLength:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetBufferLength.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetBufferLengthTotal:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetBufferLengthTotal.html
FSOUND_DSP_SetPriority(unit:Int,priority:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_SetPriority.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetPriority:Int(unit:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetPriority.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetClearUnit:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetClearUnit.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetClipAndCopyUnit:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetClipAndCopyUnit.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetMusicUnit:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetMusicUnit.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetSFXUnit:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetSFXUnit.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetFFTUnit:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetFFTUnit.html
FSOUND_DSP_GetSpectrum:Byte Ptr()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_GetSpectrum.html
FSOUND_DSP_MixBuffers:Byte(destbuffer:Int,srcbuffer:Int,le:Int,freq:Int,vol:Int,pan:Int,mode:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_DSP_MixBuffers.html
FSOUND_FX_Disable:Byte(Channel:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_Disable.html
FSOUND_FX_Enable:Int(channel:Int,fxtype:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_Enable.html
FSOUND_FX_SetChorus:Byte(fxid:Int,wetdrymix:Float,depth:Float,feedback:Float,frequency:Int,waveform:Int,Delay:Float,phase:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetChorus.html
FSOUND_FX_SetCompressor:Byte(fxid:Int,gain:Float,attack:Float,Releas:Float,threshold:Float,ratio:Float,predelay:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetCompressor.html
FSOUND_FX_SetDistortion:Byte(fxid:Int,gain:Float,edge:Float,posteqcenterfrequency:Float,posteqbandwidth:Float,prelowpasscutoff:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetDistortion.html
FSOUND_FX_SetEcho:Byte(fxid:Int,wetdrymix:Float,feedback:Float,leftback:Float,rightdelay:Float,pandelay:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetEcho.html
FSOUND_FX_SetFlanger:Byte(fxid:Int,wetdrymix:Float,depth:Float,feedback:Float,frequency:Float,waveform:Int,DDelay:Float,phase:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetFlanger.html
FSOUND_FX_SetGargle:Byte(fxid:Int,ratehz:Int,waveshape:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetGargle.html
FSOUND_FX_SetI3DL2Reverb:Byte(fxid:Int,room:Int,roomhf:Int,roomrollofffactor:Float,dectime:Float,dechfratio:Float,ref:Int,refdelay:Float,reverb:Int,revdelay:Float,diff:Float,dens:Float,hfref:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetI3DL2Reverb.html
FSOUND_FX_SetParamEQ:Byte(fxid:Int,center:Float,bandwidth:Float,gain:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetParamEQ.html
FSOUND_FX_SetWavesReverb:Byte(fxid:Int,ingain:Float,reverbmix:Float,reverbtime:Float,hfreqrtration:Float)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_FX_SetWavesReverb.html
FSOUND_Record_GetDriver:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetDriver.html
FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName:Int(id:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName.html
FSOUND_Record_GetNumDrivers:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetNumDrivers.html
FSOUND_Record_GetPosition:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetPosition.html
FSOUND_Record_SetDriver:Byte(driver:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_SetDriver.html
FSOUND_Record_StartSample:Byte(sptr:Int,loop:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_StartSample.html
FSOUND_Record_Stop:Byte()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_Stop.html
FSOUND_Reverb_SetProperties:Byte(props:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_SetProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_GetProperties:Byte(props:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_GetProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_SetChannelProperties:Byte(channel:Int,prop:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_SetChannelProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_GetChannelProperties:Byte(channel:Int,prop:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_GetChannelProperties.html
od/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetDriver.html
FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName:Int(id:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetDriverName.html
FSOUND_Record_GetNumDrivers:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetNumDrivers.html
FSOUND_Record_GetPosition:Int()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_GetPosition.html
FSOUND_Record_SetDriver:Byte(driver:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_SetDriver.html
FSOUND_Record_StartSample:Byte(sptr:Int,loop:Byte)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_StartSample.html
FSOUND_Record_Stop:Byte()|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Record_Stop.html
FSOUND_Reverb_SetProperties:Byte(props:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_SetProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_GetProperties:Byte(props:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_GetProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_SetChannelProperties:Byte(channel:Int,prop:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_SetChannelProperties.html
FSOUND_Reverb_GetChannelProperties:Byte(channel:Int,prop:Int)|/Mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/doc/HTML/FSOUND_Reverb_GetChannelProperties.html

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#220]
do you have to have the fmod lib for the code to work?

Jan_(Posted 2007) [#221]
http://www.sherrox.com/fmod_3_75_module.zip

is down.

has anybody the File?

[EDIT]
it is online again.

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#222]
Is not down....just a little powerfailure. :D

Sveinung

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#223]
Got this when I tried to build:

I know I need to put the lib/dll somewhere, just, where?

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#224]
nevermind, figured it out! Stupid me, all I had to do was put it in the lib directory :P

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#225]
I've just created the beginning of what I believe to be a useful module. Basically, it provides a much easier to use interface for FMod that is ideal for developing video games. You get the amazing sound quality of FMod, and pretty damn close to the simplicity of use that you get with BlitzMax native sound. I mean really, check it out. I'm kinda proud. :D

Music Example:

Audio Sample Example:

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#226]
I'm kinda proud. :D

You should be :D

Sveinung

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#227]
Check out this bad-boy! Can now handle panning and frequency in a pinch! 8)

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#228]
Has anyone experimented the 3D sound functions in fmod 3.75? Seems most of the improvements of fmod 4/EX are focused on this feature.

How does it compare to OpenAL or Bass?

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#229]
Which leads to the question... will there be ever fmod4.0 support... ;)

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#230]
FMod is higher sound quality, but OpenAL is much easier to use, especially the 3D sound and special effects, so it's a bit of a toss up.

I'm using OpenAL at the moment, because of it's ease of use, and because it supports all the effects and features I want. But FMod has more features, for you uber-developers out there.

LAB[au](Posted 2007) [#231]
Is there an OpenAL mod? (and some example?) The only one I could find has been released 3 days ago by vertex and there is only one "minimal" example.

Thanks

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#232]
That was the mod I was talking about. If you want more examples, (that you'll have to port unfortunately,) you should download the OpenAL SDK.

Sean Doherty(Posted 2007) [#233]
I installed Max 1.24 and FMod broke. I tried to replace the DLL with 3.75 and the Fmod.mod directory; but I get the following error:

Compile Error: Identifier 'FSOUND_SetOutput' not found

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

EDIT: I think I got it to work, I forgot to replace the lib.

peltazoid(Posted 2007) [#234]
The link at the top of the page for FMod Windows seems to be broken?

where can I find the latest release of the library?

Thanks.

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#235]
Here

Regards
Sveinung

peltazoid(Posted 2007) [#236]
Thanks

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#237]
Hi guys... I have followed the setup procedures but my program still won't recognise any of the fmod commands. I think the problem is that it won't build fmod... at least there are no files apart from the max file in libfmod directory after i rebuild modules. Any ideas what the prob could be?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2007) [#238]
My bad - for some reason MaxGUI won't build and this caused the process to bomb before it got to fmod. Ripping MaxGUI out for the time being solved the prob.

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#239]
Check it out. I've created a simple multi-track streaming class that can do ram, file, and network streams. Have a look. :)

Should be self explanitory enough. See what you can do with it! ;)

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#240]
Does anyone know how to work the reverb stuff? I'd like to include it in my game.

Raz(Posted 2007) [#241]
Hey, trying to get this working on Linux (Ubuntu, I read further up that it works), but Im stupid so am struggling. Fresh install of Blitzmax, copied fmod.mod (3.75) to pub.mod, quick build turned off, build modules, but when i try to compile my program I get...
Building modDemo
Compiling:modDemo.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.64
3 passes, 6366 bytes.
Linking:modDemo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfmod-3.74.1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Build Error: Failed to link /home/chris/Fmod/Samples/modDemo
Process complete

Is it wierd it talks about 3.74? Should I be expecting a linux equiv of fmod.dll? Anyone? ta! :)

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#242]
Have you downloaded the lib from fmod.org? The lib in the zip is for win32.

I have not tested this mod on Linux. I can make some test next week if you need help.

Sveinung

Raz(Posted 2007) [#243]
Hey thanks for the reply. I don't think I've downloaded the lib, but then again I am not entirely sure what I am doing here. I've had a look through the fmod downloads but can't really see what I need

"Linux users - link with libfmod-3.75.so (i.e. gcc file.c -lfmod-3.75)"
looks like the biggest clue but again, im stupid and dont really know what that means ;)

Thanks

Raz(Posted 2007) [#244]
Just to clarify everything I've done...

$ wget http://www.fmod.org/files/fmodapi375linux.tar.gz
$ tar -xvzf fmodapi375linux.tar.gz
# cp fmodapi375linux/api/libfmod-3.75.so /usr/lib/libfmod.so

downloaded http://www.sherrox.com/fmod_3_75_module.zip and copied fmod.mod to pub.mod

opened (a fresh install of) blitzmax updated to 1.24, Build Modules, tried compiling the program and thats when i get the error.

EDIT> Good lord I think I got it working :o

KillerHunter(Posted 2007) [#245]
Hello guys, the mod sounds really nice and I'd like to try this mod, but hmm I do not even know how to build modules XD They are unselectable (the option is in grey). If I try the hot key (Ctrl+D) it tries to build blitz_app.c even if the fmod.bmx has the focus.

Anyway, how do I build modules :/

I got my files from the above link.

Zolyx(Posted 2007) [#246]
Sorry for asking a repetitive question, but what's the status of this module for using FMod 3.75 on Macs with BMax 1.24? The last direct mention of this was 7 months ago by JazzieB...

I'm probably being blind or stupid (or perhaps both), but after trying out most of the tips and instructions in this thread, between myself and a friend of mine who is helping with Mac porting, we still can't get FMod to work on OSX.

Sadly neither of us are able to do the required work ourselves. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#247]
My problem is that I don't have a Mac. I'll try to lend me one.

Sveinung

DannyD(Posted 2007) [#248]
I have an intel mac if I can be of assistance.

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#249]
@DannyD
Just bought me a mac. But if you can help me debug...most appreciated :D

Sveinung

Zolyx(Posted 2007) [#250]
Great news!

I'm cheering both of you on from the sidelines... :)

Grey Alien(Posted 2007) [#251]
Has anyone ran extensive Fmod tests on win98/ME/2000/XP/Vista to check that it works well on them all in BMax?

What's the status of the module? Do you need to use special commands or has it been made to work like the standard BlitzMax commands?

Thanks.

Neochrome(Posted 2007) [#252]
E:/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find E:/BlitzMax/mod/pub.mod/fmod.mod/fmod.debug.win32.x86.a

whats ths?

ninjarat(Posted 2007) [#253]
That means you haven't built the module yet. Build modules and try again.

Neochrome(Posted 2007) [#254]
Building Modules
Compiling:blitz_app.c
Build Error: failed to compile E:/BlitzMax/mod/brl.mod/blitz.mod/blitz_app.c
Process complete

i have to press CTRL+D cos the menu isn't hilighting!

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#255]
Lots of hits all pointing to this .
If you're using Vista then you might need this
The search function is really good.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#256]
Has anyone tried to do V4 of FMOD yet (especially for the Mac) - I have tried to start, but unfortunately the import libraries are now DYLIB, which BlitzMax wont import.

I have started on the C code (the idea originally being that the libraries could be imported), and an interface to the C code could be setup in BlitzMax.

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#257]
Support of 4.0 would be great. Sveinung stated a year ago that he would look into this.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#258]
It should be easy enough to do - unfortunately, though FMOD comes in two versions for oSX, which might pose a few problems.

I was going to do it myself, but I'm more used to BASS (plus that has makes it easy to get hold of the music info).

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#259]
I've got the most of the 4 wrap ready.Sorry got no time to complete it. If anyone want the source, just e-mail me.

Regards
Sveinung

Fetze(Posted 2007) [#260]
It doesn't seem to be possible to use this FMod-Module with Linux as it crashes completely trying to load .ogg-files and isn't able to stream at all.

Crash (MAlloc) at:
(with sParFile as some .ogg-file-path, I *think* it crashes in Stream_Open)
<...>
mscTemp.iFModSoundID = FSOUND_Stream_Open(sParFile, 0, 0, 0)
FSOUND_Sample_GetDefaults(FSOUND_Stream_GetSample(mscTemp.iFModSoundID), Varptr mscTemp.iDefFreq, Null, Null, Null)
FSOUND_Stream_Close(mscTemp.iFModSoundID)
mscTemp.iFModSoundID = -1
<...>

Simply doesn't play anything:
(modified Streaming-sample)
Graphics 300,150,0

FSOUND_Init(22000,256,0)

music=FSOUND_Stream_Open("dreams_inc.mp3",0,0,0)
FSOUND_Stream_Play(FSOUND_FREE,music)

ang:Float=0

Repeat

Cls()

'id=PollEvent()
	ang=ang+4.8
	SetColor(255,255,0)
	For i=0 To 100 Step 10
		DrawLine((Sin(ang+i)*20)+50,(Cos(ang+i*1.3)*25)+75,(Sin(ang+i*1.5)*30)+250,(Cos(ang+i*1.2)*45)+75)
	Next

SetColor(255,255,255)
	DrawText("Streamsample",10,10)
	DrawText(FSOUND_IsPlaying(0),10,20)

If KeyHit(KEY_SPACE)

DrawText(FSOUND_Stream_Stop(music),10,30)

EndIf

Flip()

Until KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE) Or id=259

FSOUND_Stream_Close(music)
fsound_Close()

End

In both cases I can run the exact same code in Windows perfectly without any error or glitch.

Fetze(Posted 2007) [#261]
Another thing: I'm getting an FMod Errorcode 2 - "This command failed because FSOUND_Init Or FSOUND_SetOutput was Not called" - on FSOUND_Close() with having both FSOUND_Init (returning true) and FSOUND_SetOutput (No Error) called!

Also, it seems to be not reproduceable. I want to call FSOUND_Close followed by another Initialization in Order to completely reset FMOD. I HAVE closed all the streams and without resetting FMod, it will crash anyway some not predictable time later on.

This appears to be related to:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=71579

Grisu(Posted 2007) [#262]
@Sveinung:
Sadly. I'm not good enough at porting.
Which parts are missing? Could you release a wip for testing purposes?

Sveinung(Posted 2007) [#263]
Ok. I'll post some code here soon.

Sveinung

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#264]
I'm working on a FMOD interface system (with the latest version of FMOD) which is working okay so far.

The only problem I've found really is that only one sample can be played at a time - at the moment, I've no idea how to solve that.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#265]
Okay, this is the C interface code - At the moment, Windows and Linux is up and running - just need to do Mac next :

As you can see, the spectrograph code has been more or less retained from the BASS system.

This is the set of externs - its not complete.

And the constants :

Some test code (you'll need a modified BMK to compile it) :

So far I haven't had a problem with the Linux version of FMOD, especially after working out how to get more than one sound to play at a time.

By the way, "-L", doesn't like spaces in the path...

Space Fractal(Posted 2007) [#266]
can you use a guide, how to install and what I need to do in the BlitzMax Tutorials forum?

It nice to see I got some good timing, since I just have installed Linux and got most of my app (MultiJuke, a jukebox application) converted, but its still missing the soundpart (do actuelly only need one music file playing at the same time).

I like to have Linux (I use BASS on Windows) version to work, so how do I with the C file and what is modified in the BMK?

For the best, please write a guide in the guide forum.

... and no I do not need all these effect things yet.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#267]
Got a guide up and running...

Zolyx(Posted 2007) [#268]
Good going, MrTAToad :) If you can get the mod music file functionality to work in Mac, I'd definitely make use of it.

Hope it goes well...

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#269]
MOD music should usable as is.

DannyD(Posted 2007) [#270]
Anyone verify this works on a mac ?

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#271]
Do you mean FMOD or MOD ?

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2007) [#272]
I hope you don't mind, but I added two commands and made this into a module. Thanks a lot , MrTAToad for bringing this to blitzmax. http://www.savefile.com/files/1042676

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#273]
Thats okay - dont forget to make sure it works across all three OS's :)

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2007) [#274]
I'm pretty sure it will. If it worked before on the other OS's, then there shouldn't be a problem. I commented the "#define Linux" out because I didn't exactly know what they were for =\. Now I do, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Again, thanks a million for porting this to Blitz.

MrTAToad(Posted 2007) [#275]
No problem...

Zolyx(Posted 2008) [#276]
Me again! :)

I've been away from coding for a while and am setting up a fresh installation of Blitz. I didn't take proper time to set FMod up before, and now I'm struggling to understand exactly how to get it to work. I've browsed the "FMod - The use and application of..." thread but nothing there really helped.

So far I've:
* Installed BlitzMax and updated to v1.28
* Installed MinGW 3.1.0 and can compile C / build modules
* Installed the latest version of FMod Ex
* Copied MrTAToad's fmod.c / fmodconstants.bmx files to my test project folder
* Edited fmod.c with the correct install path of fmod.h

My quick 'n' dirty test program:
Import "-LG:\Programming\BlitzWork\fmodtest"
Import "-lfmodex"
'Import "-lz"

Import "fmod.c"
Import "fmodconstants.bmx"

Extern
	Function FMOD_Initialise()
	Function FMOD_Close()
EndExtern

Print "Initialising FMod..."
Print FMOD_Initialise()

FMOD_Close()

End

Trying to compile this program gives this error:
Building test
Compiling:fmod.c
Compiling:fmodconstants.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
3 passes, 14005 bytes.
Compiling:test.bmx
flat assembler  version 1.66
3 passes, 13498 bytes.
Linking:test.debug.exe
G:/Programming/BlitzMax/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lfmodex
Build Error: Failed to link G:/Programming/BlitzWork/fmodtest/test.debug.exe
Process complete

Could someone please help put me out of my misery? :(

JazzieB(Posted 2008) [#277]
This thread is just getting ridiculously long now!

Someone really needs to start a new thread with details and downloads of all the latest source/mods and how exactly to get them to work on each of the OS's.

I did get the Windows version working a while ago, but never did get it to work on OS X (PPC or Intel). The thought of reading a 270-odd post thread to figure out the details just puts me off, so I now just put up with the built-in audio system, which is not exactly ideal :o(

Triforce Guardian(Posted 2008) [#278]
Prospero, change import "-lfmodex" to import "fmodex.a". And make sure fmodex.a is in your lib folder.

Zolyx(Posted 2008) [#279]
Cheers, that seemed to do the trick! (although for the benefit of any other folks reading this thread, the file needed is "libfmodex.a" not "fmodex.a" :)

JeffJohn(Posted 2008) [#280]
the compiler cannot find the following...

fmod.release.win32.x86.a

Can anyone please help me, thanks.
Jeff.

MrTAToad(Posted 2008) [#281]
Is your pathing correct ?

For Fight Tune, I used :

?Win32
Import "-Lx:\programming\BlitzMax\FightTune"
Import "-lfmodex"
Import "FMod.c"
?MacOs
Import "-L/Users/nicholaskingsley/Documents/BlitzMax/FightTune"
Import "-lfmodex"
Import "-lz"
Import "/Users/nicholaskingsley/Documents/BlitzMax/FightTune/FMod.c"
?Linux
Import "-L/home/nicholas/Desktop/fmodapi40623linux/api/lib/"
Import "-lfmodex"
'Import "-lz"
Import "/home/nicholas/Desktop/BlitzMax/FightTune/FMOD.c"

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#282]
I know this thread is dead, but maybe some fmod3.75 zombies still move around? ;)

Has anyone ever streamed an internet radio stream (e.g. http://194.158.114.68:5000) and detected the meta data (such as server name, station name, current title) sent with it?

There's a FSOUND_Stream_GetTagField command in the docs, but I'm not sure how to make use of it.

Grisu(Posted 2008) [#283]
Why is this thread no longer sticky btw?

Anyone here? :o)

plash(Posted 2008) [#284]
Alot of threads got unstickied (even the "Threaded BlitzMax!" thread!!)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#285]
Anyone know how to get around this error? I'm on MacOS.

Linking:test.debug
ld: library not found for -lfmodex

I already tried copying the library files to my lib folder.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2010) [#286]
Hmmm is it your fmod version?

libfmodex.a being used? double check :)

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#287]
Hmmm is it your fmod version?

I shouldn't think that makes any difference.

Possibly, it's one of :
* the wrong "prefix" path inside the .dylib itself
* the location of the .dylib is not in a folder that is searched by the loader.

That's why I recommend the .dylib goes into the app bundle. (rather than stuff getting dropped into the system). But each to their own! :-)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#288]
Rob-

I'm using the latest stable release of fmod ex. There is no libfmodex.a that I can see. I think that's because I'm on a mac and that's just a PC thing?

Brucey-

Thanks for the help, but I don't know how to apply what you're saying. I tried putting the .dylib into the max lib folder and it found it, but complained of ;

dyld: Library not loaded: ./libfmodex.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Lee/Documents/FMOD_proj/test.debug.app/Contents/MacOS/test.debug
  Reason: image not found

How would I edit a prefix path inside a .dylib, and what would it need changing to?

By "in the app bundle" do you mean stick the dylib in your code folder?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#289]
Okay, the 'image not found' problem seemed to be because I renamed the folder the api was in. I thought the spaces in the name may be causing problems. So now I'm getting linker problems:

Building fmod
Compiling:fmod.c
Linking:fmod.debug
Undefined symbols:
  "_FMOD_System_CreateSound", referenced from:
      _FMOD_CreateSound in fmod.c.gui.debug.macos.x86.o
  "_main", referenced from:
      __start in crt1.o
  "_FMOD_Channel_GetPosition", referenced from:
      _FMOD_GetChannelPosition in fmod.c.gui.debug.macos.x86.o

...etc.......

"_FMOD_Sound_GetLength", referenced from:
      _FMOD_GetLength in fmod.c.gui.debug.macos.x86.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
Build Error: Failed to link /Users/Lee/Documents/FMOD_proj/fmod.debug.app/Contents/MacOS/fmod.debug
Process complete
Any ideas?

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#290]
Oh, I should mention, I'm using MrTaToads code, which should work with Ex.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#291]
There are Mac notes with my FMOD module which describe what to do (on the command-line)... but I don't have that with me.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#292]
Ah... I will take a look for your one then, Brucey. Thanks.

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#293]
I will take a look for your one then

Yes. Indeed.

Using libfmodex.dylib in a Bundle
---------------------------------

libfmodex.dylib needs to be modified to work from inside an application bundle.

When you run "otool -D libfmodex.dylib", it will output the following :

libfmodex.dylib:
./libfmodex.dylib

This won't work with an application bundle. The library name must be prefixed with "@executable_path". We can 
convert it as follows :

install_name_tool -id @executable_path/libfmodex.dylib libfmodex.dylib

When we again run otool, the result will be :

libfmodex.dylib:
@executable_path/libfmodex.dylib

... It's also possible that the following error may occur on older PPC versions :

...lib/macos/libfmodex.dylib load command 4 unknown cmd field	

If this happens, the following command should fix it :

strip -S -arch ppc -no_uuid libfmodex.dylib

However, you do need at least XCode 2.5, but we'll try to make sure the version included with BaH.FMOD is fixed already.

The dylib can now be used inside your application bundle.

The dylib shipped with BaH.FMOD has already been "fixed".

:o)

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#294]
Okay, I must have taken the dumb pill today.

I checked out your fmod module into the bah.fmod directory, installed fmod ex 4.30.01, built the modules, and tried to run one of your examples. I'm getting this-

Building loadfrommemory
Compiling:loadfrommemory.bmx
Linking:loadfrommemory.debug
Executing:loadfrommemory.debug
dyld: Library not loaded: ./libfmodex.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/BlitzMax/mod/bah.mod/fmod.mod/examples/loadfrommemory.debug.app/Contents/MacOS/loadfrommemory.debug
  Reason: image not found

Brucey(Posted 2010) [#295]
The dylib needs to be copied into the app bundle. Specifically, into Contents/MacOS.

Using my custom BMK (that's the util which handles the builds), it runs a post-build script called post.bmk, and copies the dylib into the bundle for you. (I'm from the side of the river that believes computers are good for automating dull tasks)
Otherwise, it's something you need to do by hand, I'm afraid - or you write your own shell script, etc.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#296]
Thanks again, Brucey, but I'm still getting the same error. Bare with me...

I don't understand what you mean by "the app bundle". I assume you mean the location where the .bmx file lives? I tried copying the dylib as you said, assuming I have it right. I have also tried compiling and installing your ng bmk as per the instructions, and I still get the same error.

[edit]By copying the dylib directly into the executable directory, I can get it to link, but nothing happens when it executes.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#297]
My bad... it was working but the window didn't pop to the front.

Thanks, Brucey. You are a living legend. Watching those modules stream down made my fingers ache..

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2010) [#298]
[fixed]