BLIde update

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde update

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#1]
there's a new free BLIde update for all BLIde users.
Some details on this update:

0.2.8 version
-------------

Conceptual change: Undependant files are now known as 'Additional files'

Fixed a bug that was not letting an application remember the 'additional files' added by hand

Fixed some tipos

Fixed resolution changes after a program is run in windows

Better debug treatment

Fixed Bug that was not showing the drive selection box in the configuration wizard

New graphics in the Configuration Wizard

Better Start-up window management

NEW FEATURE: Add-Ons manager. This little application will help you to organize additional applications you use while you're coding. It's very usefull to take advantatge of applications such as external debuggers or framework assistants

BlitzMax Help examples are now opened in the same BLIde session, avoiding reopning a new instance of BLIde

Lots of little bugfixing here and there

It's a highly recomended update.

The BLIde official website has moved its server. Now it's alocated at: http://www.blide.org

Let me know any bug at: supermanel*at*menta*dot*net

Thanks to everybody!

R0B0T0(Posted 2005) [#2]
Thanks Manel, installing it now :)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#3]
Brilliant! must be my birthday :)

Thank you Manel.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#4]
Small bug with IDE quickly minimising and going back to fullscreen when I quit my game.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#5]
You have really nice icons in BLide, did you do them yourself or is it part of a package that anyone can buy?
;-)

SoggyP(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hello.

Just downloaded (and donated) and it's a really nice package - well done.

Goodbye.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#7]
@Nennig, all the icons are free icons from the gnome art website. This icons where made for their use under Linux, but can be easily converted to standar PNG format.

@fish: This minimize and restore is the only way to avoid a windows bug, that was making BLIde (and any other IDE) to lose it's original size after playing a full screen game with a different resolution. I will make this optional on the next update.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#8]
Ziggy, thank you very much for the tip about the icons.
;-)
bye

Tiger(Posted 2005) [#9]
Hello, its always nice to get a update of a very good product.
But its always things that can get better, I have some problems with the type/function/method folding.
When I close all the folders, and move the cursor up or down, its open every folder again when the cursor passes it. Is it possible to fix this??

Anyway, thanks for all the work you spend on this. I will send some money to you.

bye.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#10]
And one more problem still: blitzmax commands do not capitalise... ie... setalpha instead of SetAlpha

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#11]
@Tiger: I'm tring to fix this, but it's being very very complicated. I'm doing my best and I hope in I will have this fixed soon.

@fish: This is planned but not for an inmediate update. Think on the amount of existing keywords, checking them word by word while you're coding could slow down a lot the IDE if it's not made in a very fast optimised way. I'm working on this also, and I have a little 'alpha' version with a few auto-capitalisation, but I'm priorizing the SDK and the Add-On manager for the next update. the SDK will let users make BLIde grow a lot, so I think it's the most interesting part by now.

Anyway, It won't take much time until the next update. (I hope)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#12]
Hey no problem, it's all good :)

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#13]
Your download page on blide.org still shows version 0.2.4? (following the links does appear to give the 0.2.8 file though)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#14]
@xlsior, thanks, I forgot to update the website. Now it's ok.

Filax(Posted 2005) [#15]
Hi :)

I have try this new version, good job !! the Task manager
is a really good idea ! keep up good job !

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#16]
:D thanks!

nawi(Posted 2005) [#17]
Why wont the debugger error window show the line which caused the error?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#18]
it shoud show the line. It's showing it here, but only when debugging is enabled, of course.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#19]
You also need the bmx file open for it to jump to the line.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#20]
This is fixed for a next release. Thanks for reporting.

Progi1984(Posted 2005) [#21]
I can't access to www.blide.org

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#22]
that's very very strange. It may be some problem with your DNS server. What kind of error do you get? page don't found?

Unfortunately the mirror site managed by gregbug is not yet updated with the last update, so I can't tell you anywhere else to test the latest version of BLIde.

So, if anyone has some ftp space, please upload the blide-0-2-8.zip file, in order to let Franck use BLIde.

Anyway, Franck, it seems there's a problem with your DNS server. I would suggest you to take a look.

Best regards,

Manel

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#23]
@siggy

sorry for the delay but now i've come back in italy
and i think today or tomorrow i'll update the mirror site.

CIAO.

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#24]
www.mondoinformatico.it/gregbug/blide/blide-0-2-8.zip

just added in the mirror site!

ciao

nawi(Posted 2005) [#25]
ziggy, the debugger sometimes show the line but sometimes doesnt, its weird :/

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#26]
@Gregbug: Manythanks for the update in the mirror site

@nawi: I'm fixing this debug issue.

Progi1984(Posted 2005) [#27]
@Ziggy, the problem for the access at the website is solved but have you seen my mail about the forum ?

nawi(Posted 2005) [#28]
The BLIde is almost perfect for me, I just need couple things, automatic caps and function folding (etc) to be fixed.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#29]
@Progi1284: Yes I've seen it, but I'm not the webmaster of this forum. This forum is operated by proboards.com (it's a free forum system). You can contact them if the problem remains. I don't know why you can't sign up, maybe it has something to do with your cookies, but I'm not sure.

@nawi: I'm working on it... Now I'm upgrading all the parser to another engine, and it's driving me crazy becouse it's not binary compatible with the current one, so it may take a little...

Curtastic(Posted 2005) [#30]

Fixed some tipos

lol, Oh the irony!

Looks nice, let me know if the IDE has auto capitilization, thats when I'll probably be using it.

Progi1984(Posted 2005) [#31]
The problem is that i don't receive the activation mail !

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#32]
mmm, you're using hotmail? the mail can be in your unwanted mail folder.

Progi1984(Posted 2005) [#33]
I've received it.
I click on the activation link but This message is on the webpage :
Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#34]
How can I close a quick loaded bmx file?

Neuro(Posted 2005) [#35]
click the x

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#36]
@nawi: To closde it, just close it. I mean, click over the TAB clossing button. It will tell you to save the file if it's been modified.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#37]
lol I missed the X button

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#38]
@Progi1984: Your account has been aproved, There was a bug in the forum engine, but now it's working as spected.
:D

Progi1984(Posted 2005) [#39]
I knew ! I received the mail ! Thank you !

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#40]
Hey I have a few little bug/feature requests. Firstly bloomin awesome IDE! Ok here they are:

Bugz:
When pressing Ctrl + S the page jumps around a little, kind of annoying

The first time you run the program and your not connected to the internet the update thingy stalls and then you have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and end task

Feature Request:
Only have the 'Learning commands' thingy pop up the first time you run the program and save that list to a database file. That would bring the startup times down considerably, its a little frustrating loading up a 2kb file and it takes around 30 secconds to start ;)

Otherwise me loves IDE, its hands down the best IDE for Blitzmax!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#41]
@Ledo:
When pressing Ctrl + S the page jumps around a little, kind of annoying
This has been fixed in next release (tomorrow)

The first time you run the program and your not connected to the internet the update thingy stalls and then you have to Ctrl + Alt + Delete and end task
How much time have you been waiting before pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete? It should continue execution after a while (maybe 20-40 secs)...

Feature request:
I don't want to do this by now (sure it will be done in the future), becouse it may change a lot the way the internal data is organized. I'm optimizing the 'learning' process. (in next version it is faster)

P.S. Many thanks for your possitive feedback!

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#42]
Woot! I can't wait :D

P.S. Any plans on porting it to Linux, it would be really nice to replace that hideous Linux IDE.

Qweeg(Posted 2005) [#43]
Yep - really looking forward to tomorrow Manel. Love the new style web site too - much better!

TeraBit(Posted 2005) [#44]
did I miss it?

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#45]
Where's my precious updated Blide :(

Ledo runs to cry in the corner haunted by the BlitzMax default IDE.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#46]
Hi!!
I've got a problem with the internet connection at home. I think i will solve it today. The update is ready, but I can't uploade it. In fact, I'm writing this from a friend's computer.
So, as soon as my internet connection is back, I'll upload it. (Hope this evening...)