Loss of focus pausing

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Loss of focus pausing

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#1]
Dear community,

How do we pause the execution on loss of focus in osx, linux and windows?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
you cant at the moment.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#3]
When you stop receiving user input for a long enough time?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
You can....

For windows anyway...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=48239

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#5]
This is an oversight I would like to see addressed as it is a bit of a show-stopper :)

Os's often grab focus with popups or dialogue boxes or chat windows - would be nice to see some focus checking built - in.

What is BRL's official stance on this?

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#6]
Dunno, did you try my code? it works exactly as you want.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#7]
With respect, your code is windows only and I have to support the mac full-screen also... will be buying one soon to do this :)

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#8]
you would better wait till new macs are around instead supporting a dieing duck which might be useless in a year.

So far there hasn't been anything official but I do not assume that BRL is planing to put in all the OS API specific stuff for all Systems especially as Mac = 3 different OS at the moment (10.2 10.3 10.4)

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#9]
I am happy to support the literally millions of people who will find their source of software drying up, and my market share getting bigger.

Whats wrong with supporting mac ppc and mac intel I ask you? the tools are right here on this site.

Why did you make that comment? it's not helpful.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#10]
Well, it appears to me that since you don't seem to have an option for the Mac OS that the stop-gap measure provided by Indiepath might be worth settling for until you get a response from BRL.

Robert Cummings(Posted 2005) [#11]
yep, and I appreciate Indiepath's help.

It would be nice to hear a response from BRL though.