HighGUI 2

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/HighGUI 2

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#1]
A new topic for a complete re-design :)

HighGUI 2 - The free GUI created by Diablo!

Screenie:

Current List of Features:
- Windows
- Menubars
-- Dashes
-- Checkables
- Checkboxes
- Textboxes
- Pctureboxes
- Labels
- Buttons
- Skinable enviroment
- Progress bars
- Options
- Tab pages
- list boxes
- Spinner
- Combobox
- Common dislogbox
- Open/Save dialog
- Screen selector dialog

There is a test.bmx file include which gives an example of how to program with it.

NOTE: All user function beign with Hi<FunctionName> e.g. HiClicked

Download it from here:
Download Here!

Check out the worklog:
HigGUI Worklog

Feel free to play with the source code!

in this new version you won't need to state image sizes as they are automatialy done and everything is base on a base type which you can create you own types top create custom controls. this upload was a bit rushed and the code needs to be touched up.

Azathoth(Posted 2005) [#2]
Minimizing window 3 causes the memalloced to rise quickly.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#3]
its because the test is probaly trying to call a function for a object that doesn't exist. as i said this was a quick upload, just to show that i'm gitting someware.

Kev(Posted 2005) [#4]
coming along nice this diablo, looking forward to a more updated version.

kev

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#5]
i've sorted some bugs in the test app now. the reson why it was getting mem leak when window 3 was minimized was because it was adding stuff to a list but not getting rid og it i.e. drawing to the picture box.

sorted out some ordering bugs and also started work on a visual editor. i hope to get round to making a program to make custom controls too, soon.

Converted some more themes, XP and a new theme, 512.

(No upload, yet)

FBEpyon(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hey Diablo,

Could you add in a option to remove the title bar from the window so if people wanted to make the graphic command window and just have a menu bar and the main blitzscreen they could..

I hope you understand that :P

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#7]
NEW UPDATE
==========
fixed some minor bugs like the memory leak when drawing to picture boxes (that dont render the image).
spinner has now been converted.
yet again more general bug fixes.

Download it from here:

Download it from here:
Download Here!

FBEpyon, i'm going to add that feature in the next download because I know how cool that will be. I'm also going to make it so you can have a framed window without a caption bar.

FBEpyon(Posted 2005) [#8]
coolness thanks, that will help alot in developing my new editor...

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#9]
NEW UPDATE
==========
Changed how scroll bars works - more like windows xp, you can also say how much you want it to increase by.
Added two more examples, Fake windows app & Custom windows.
Added the suggestion made by FBEpyon, see Fake windows app.
Updated Some other stuff that i cant remember :p

Download it from here:
Download Here!

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#10]
hey i tested your gui and i miss some examples.would be great when you create some examples.

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#11]
will you create a help for your gui?
I'm looking for a possibility to close a window directly with a function,how to solve it?

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#12]
i have been working on the help file however as HighGUI 2 is currently in beta i have not released it(I'm adding and changing function a bit at the moment so if i did it would get out of date pretty fast.)

Thanks for the comment I have added a function to close windows like this: kMyWindow.HiClose()

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#13]
Please improve textBoxes. They work but they're very unresponsive and have a few annoying qualities like having to click On the text area it's self to begin editing rather than anywhere in the textbox.

Also, you can't just deleted the text from character 1. You have to go right one, then delete.

And..add some sci-fi themes damn it :)

Ferminho(Posted 2005) [#14]
I have tried your gui and I have to say, great work! it runs a bit slowly on my system but I think I'll find it very useful for making some tools for my games.

Btw, I have this issue with the test: the memalloc raises at 5k/sec aprox if the picturebox window is maximized. When closed or minimized it works as expected.

ckob(Posted 2005) [#15]
not sure why or if anyone else has this problem but when I run test it the entire screen blinks every 1 or 2 seconds.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#16]
i mate of mine just had this problem, it might be todo with if you have msn running at the same time. cant think of any other reson.

Antony
I'll work on some themes once i have go it out of beta
also fixed that problem about that delete.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#17]
NEW BETA 4
==========
- Created a bin folder for exes.
- Listbox items better support for icons
- Fixed some drawing issues with memubars
- Fixed a bug that made progress bars always progress;)
- Added in a beta version of the HighGUI Designer, no code gen as of yet.
- Fixed some problems with confliting controls, namly comboboxes.
- Added control docking and added a option in theme ini for control spacing.
- Some changes in themes , i.e. window caption buttons now have a down state.
- And some more stuff but i'll leave that to you to find :)

EDIT{
- Added common dalogs too, you can just extends a type from HiCommonDialog.. see the source code.
- Added a open/save common dialog box
}

Download it from here:
Download Here!

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#18]
Cool and Damn in equal measures. I have to redo some changes needed unless you fixed 'em.

1. Alpha does't work cos you don't set blend mode to Alphablend. (might be a design feature though, but it works when you do)
2.Text is unreadable with the mac theme unless you set it to alpha blend mode in the custom draw text func.

Btw, any plans to add dynamic right click menus? i.e so I can right click on a multi-line edit box and copy/paste etc?

ckob(Posted 2005) [#19]
awesome I was going to ask for an editor. But how do you delete stuff on the window when you add them and want to get rid of them?

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#20]
you have to use F1. if you hold down Crtl + mouse 1 over a editable control it will move it and if you hold Ctrl + mouse 2 it will resize the control, when you move the mouse.

Antony,
iwill see about fixing things bug as soon as pos. I will be considering adding context sentive menus thx for the suggestion.

ckob(Posted 2005) [#21]
Also when you export it puts all the code on one line.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#22]
i have yet to code the export fully .. but if you open the fuiles with notepad - wordpad...

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#23]
NEW BETA 5
==========
- Added a screen resolution change common dialog box
- Add support for spinners in HighUI Designer (max val, min val, inc val)

This was just a quick one :p

Download it from here:
Download Here!

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#24]
NEW FINAL 1
============
- More stable release
- HighUI Designer generates code correctly (and fully)
- Added documentation check out doc\index.htm
- added a new theme 'black flat'
- added a new example opensave dialog
- added a new example resolution selector

Download it from here:
Download Here!

Binary_Moon(Posted 2005) [#25]
This is cool - looking forward to the final version :)

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#26]
this is ;P

just found a bug wix i'll fix later. it's having trouble with generating the codes for tabs.

Edit: that is, it's out of beta.

ckob(Posted 2005) [#27]
looking great however the designer still doesnt export correctly.

I had to add some stuff to the Code to get it working. The listbox doesnt seem to work either but so far awesome work.

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#28]
NEW FINAL 2
===========
- Fixed tab page generatation
- Improved text boxes, you can now use the arrow keys to scroll them and use the mouse to click where you want the cursor to be.
- Added tool tips - see docs
- Added CenterX & CenterY to labels

Download it from here:
Download Here!

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#29]
It be a while, but i've got a new release for HighGUI.
- added a new layout control
- sorted out little bugs in the editor.
- made it so that you can drag out a box when creating a control, it uses a grid to snap to.
- added a better example of how to use generated code, check out the sub folder generated code test/image viewer (theres also a binary in there).

Download it from here:
Download Here!

(oh and check out my new website Here!, better then that framed mess cause its all hand coded.)

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#30]
New Update (to HighGUI Designer only)
- Fixed a problem where it would change you current edit control to a control below the control pannel if you just clicked the window.

it a small download cause its juts the binary - copy it to bin/ and replace the HighGUI Designer.exe file in thier

Get it Here!

and if you need to download HighGUI you can get it Here!

-- sometimes my host server is down so the above likes are were you can download it while my main site is down (can't complain tho, it a free host and no crapy ads)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#31]
thanks for this :)

Diablo(Posted 2005) [#32]
Seeing as I have got loads of free time right now, I though I might as well update HighGUI. Nothing special, its just now useable with the new version of BMax.

Get it Here

Laters.

Diablo(Posted 2006) [#33]
UPDATE
==========

+ For BMax 1.16

Download

EDIT: Opps... fixing

EDIT2: Fixed

K@li(Posted 2007) [#34]
no update ??

a miss many help function