SERIOU problem, plz help mark sibly!

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/SERIOU problem, plz help mark sibly!

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#1]
I received this from a guy that played my game Ragdoll Masters

Ouch !
i wanted to turn on the fullscreen option on my first launch : "Kernel Panic" of Mac OS X.4.2 on my PowerBook 12'' 1.33. 768Mo ram, GeForce Go 5200.

Now my screen is blurred, interlaced (don't know how to explain in english, i'm french) and i cannot remove that !!!

i tried to reset pram,
i tried to boot on Tiger DVD (always problem)
i tried to remove the folder with Firewire Target Mode

I can only reboot and see the interlaced apple of loading Mac OS X, then an odd blue screen ...

please help me !!

Any suggestions? Is there some sort of key pressing at the start that boots in "safe" mode (I'm really not an expert at all)? Any other ideas?

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#2]
Does his computer totally freeze?
I had a problem with my iMac recently.. It just stood there, at the blue apple loading screen... I just let it be, to see if something eventually happened, and it did.. It took about 20-30 minutes to boot into OSX though, but atleast it booted..
The next few times I rebooted, it took shorter and shorter time to boot, and now it's almost back to normal (I think).
I still don't know what caused the error... :(

[edit]
Don't know of any "safe bootmode" thing though, as I'm fairly new to Mac myself..

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds like a hardware problem...

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#4]
Sounds like a screen resolution that isn't supported while the hardware tries to get somehow to show it (-> interlace and blurr)