Input Problem - Doing Something Wrong?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Input Problem - Doing Something Wrong?

N(Posted 2005) [#1]
I can't figure out why this won't get the current state of the mouse buttons (specifically, whether they're down or not [storing them so I don't have to repeatedly call MouseDown( .. )]), as far as I can see this should be valid and work, but it's just not. All I get is an array with three zeros.

Type TInfinitus
		Field PMouseDown[]
		Field CMouseDown[]

Method Update( )
			PMouseDown = CMouseDown
			CMouseDown = [MouseDown( 1 ), MouseDown( 2 ), MouseDown( 3 )]

End Method
	End Type

Is there something inherently wrong with this that I'm not seeing through my tired eyes?

Thanks in advance.

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#2]
DOes this works for you?

Type TInfinitus
		Field PMouseDown[]
		Field CMouseDown[]

Method Update( )
			PMouseDown = CMouseDown
			CMouseDown = [MouseDown( 1 ), MouseDown( 2 ), MouseDown( 3 )]

End Method
End Type

Graphics 800,600,0,-1

Local Check:Tinfinitus = New TInfinitus

While Not KeyHit(Key_Escape)

Check.Update()

DrawText Check.CMousedown[0]+" : "+Check.CMousedown[1]+" : "+Check.CMousedown[2],20,20
DrawText Check.PMousedown[0]+" : "+Check.PMousedown[1]+" : "+Check.PMousedown[2],20,40

Flip
Wend

Because if I remember right the Key or Mouse states doesn't work without initializing a graphicdevice.

PS: The above code works for me.

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah, that works, but the thing is I am initializing a graphics state before using my code, so I have no idea why it's not working with my code. As far as I can see, it should work, and that's what's bugging me.

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#4]
Maybe you could post the rest of the update Method or your main loop. With this we could see more what is wrong with your code.

N(Posted 2005) [#5]
I can ensure there's no other code modifying the arrays (encapsulation is handy), so it'd all just be a bunch of stuff you'd search through without result.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#6]
have you a mousehit somewhere?

N(Posted 2005) [#7]
Nope.