Final blitzmax features?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Final blitzmax features?

Drastik(Posted 2005) [#1]
I hate to ask this, ask it's probably plastered all over the forums, but the search function doesn't work in any of the 3 web browsers I tried. ;/

Are the features in the blitzmax demo all we can expect from a licensed copy? I've heard that the network/3d/etc.. modules will be sold seperately. Is there truth to this?

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
Is there truth to this?

Yes.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
except of course certain portions of the network module have already been released for free.

Drastik(Posted 2005) [#4]
Holy !*&@ Batman! That was quick. hehe.

I posted this maybe 30 seconds ago.

What's the status of the networking module, specifically. I can definitely see charging extra for the 3D module, as the original b3d is priced quite a bit higher than max already.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#5]
BMax is currently being fixed, tweaked and added to at quite a rate. This does mean that the current demo version is missing the following default features...

Raw socket module
DX7 driver for Max2D
Gnet module (gaming network module)
A few fixes and tweaks.

AFAIK, only the 3D and GUI modules will cost extra ATM.

[edit]Blimey, must stop getting distracted whilst posting[edit]

Drastik(Posted 2005) [#6]
Ah.. I think that answers my question. I vaguely recalled reading something on the board about sockets being implemented in the latest patch.

I'm not so concerned with 3D anyway, and I've always got good 'ol b+ for simple gui stuff, although I imagine I'll be picking up the gui module at some point, as it's bound to be an improvement on b+.

Thank ya'll muchly, etc..

Genexi2(Posted 2005) [#7]
Lil OT, but as for the forum-search function, you gotta wait awhile before any actualy search results appear on the page....webmaster really should throw in a "Gatherin Results, please wait" page, then have that automatically link to the results.

Drastik(Posted 2005) [#8]
Genexi2: Still not working for me.. I waited a full couple of minutes just to make sure. An issue with firefox, perhaps. No big deal, google seems to have indexed most of the forum pages.

Another quick question: Has anyone used the bmax networking module, and are able to give some quick impressions? I'll be purchasing blitzmax within the next couple of weeks, but in the meantime i've been working on linking to a 3rd part x-platform networking library. Is it worth the effort, or should I just hold off on network code until I get my pawn on bmax?

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#9]
The network module is simply a easy way to write and read out a stream.
For games like an online 64 player ego shooter you have to interpolate movement and stuff.
If things like that would be part of the network library, i think its worth the effort for sure.
As usualy, depends on what you want to do;-)