ASProtect

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/ASProtect

Proger(Posted 2005) [#1]
I include ASProtect in my game.
There is one problem. I can not place the marks. ASProtect does not see them. In the same way he does not see text constants of the type
const a="MARK_BEGIN.."
:(

Boris(Posted 2005) [#2]
thats exactly what I try to do but with Armadillo. I need markers, too.

Boris(Posted 2005) [#3]
here is a way how powerbasic solves this problem for inspiration to the blitz-team:

Macro SECUREBEGIN = !DB &hEB,&h03,&hD6,&hD6,&h00

Macro SECUREEND = !DB &hEB,&h03,&hD6,&hD6,&hFF

Macros are not really required, its just an example.

Well, it would be nice to insert Opcodes and its an important feature to enable known good protection-systems like Armadillo, Asprotect and the upcoming protections-system from oreans (Themidia or so).

I think all good protectors are needing markers to encrypt data of the code or to NOP it out if a license is missing, so using this technology would be nice. It is available in all known programming-languages. Delphi, C/C++, even Purebasic and Powerbasic can do it.

Purebasic includes the binary code with

IncludeBinary "SECUREBEGIN" and the codes are directly inserted at program position.

Powerbasic uses Macros as mentioned above, and Delphi makes

{$I SecureBegin.inc}
{ insert secured code here }
{$I SecureEnd.inc}

just for inspiration to the blitz-team.

Its a really important thing to protect shareware doing this.

Proger(Posted 2005) [#4]
Support - you here? ;)
Need help.

Boris(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have found a way to implement "markers" now.

Get mingw, and write a function c and use your markers there related to the documentation of your protector and call this function from within your blitzmax program.

Its not a very fine solution but it works.

Now I call a C function that does some basic calculations for whatever and this function is encrypted.

See also BlitzMax Docu "Advanced topics" how to call c functions from within BlitzMax.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#6]
Ahm sorry, but what is AS Protect???

Proger(Posted 2005) [#7]

ASProtect - the system of software protection of applications, designed for quick implementation of application protection functions, especially targeted for software developers. ASProtect is designed for such specific tasks as working with registration keys and creation of evaluation and trial application versions.

http://asprotect.com/
2Boris - please...write small example...

Proger(Posted 2005) [#8]
Who nor be can help? please...

Jay Kyburz(Posted 2005) [#9]
Is thier a mac alternative or version?

Proger(Posted 2005) [#10]
seems only for windows

Proger(Posted 2005) [#11]
Why after compile in exe file not finded string "MARK_BEGIN" if i write in program this:
const a$="MARK_BEGIN"?
the particularities of the compiler? In Visual Basic it work.