TNet - Network test

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/TNet - Network test

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#1]
TNet is a Multiplayer Game Library for BlitzMax. I've gotten some trouble with speed when it comes to packing/unpacking. Please test this debug chat and see if you get a good send/recv speed and framerate.

You can Host or Join a game. If you host you can choose the packet size and send frequenzy. Join by entering a blank IP. (Current Server is set as Default)

Server is up. Try to connect and chat. I'll have it up for a couple of hours now.

Server is behind a Router, but it seems to work anyway.

TEST OFFLINE

Please post your ping to Server and if you get a low FPS. Leave does not work so everyong in the ClientList does not need to be online.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#2]
-- Server up -- (Use Blank IP)

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#3]
bombs out after trying to access the host.. (ie. I fill in the stuff on the screen, then my firewall tells asks me if I want to block your program, I say no, then your program crashes)

gman(Posted 2005) [#4]
nothing here as well. i enter the stuff, it waits a while, and then just goes away...

Liquid(Posted 2005) [#5]
Same here...

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hm... I manage to get a friend to connect without problems. Did you all have software firewalls? Because I haven't actually considered that. I guess I'll make a way to reconnect (after accepting firewall). So I can resend the join request and skip the 30sec timeout.

Server down now. Thanks for testing. I'll make some changes and probably a new test tomorrow.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#7]
Any news on this? I couldn't get the lastest version to compile at all.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#8]
That's strange.

It works for me - Widows version.

And this topic is very old btw =)

Try this TNet Tutorial

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#9]
It was the example that comes with the library that I was trying to compile. I get these messages when I try to compile:
../TNet/.bmx/TNetBasicChat.bmx.gui.debug.win32.o(code+0xc9): undefined reference to `__bb_timer_timer'
../TNet/.bmx/TNetBasicChat.bmx.gui.debug.win32.o(code+0x6f0): undefined reference to `brl_polledinput_KeyDown'
../TNet/.bmx/TNetBasicChat.bmx.gui.debug.win32.o(code+0xcef): undefined reference to `brl_polledinput_GetChar'
C../TNet/.bmx/TNetBasicChat.bmx.gui.debug.win32.o(code+0xdeb): undefined reference to `brl_polledinput_FlushKeys'

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#10]
That's very very strange. I have no idea what's causing this- I tried to complie that example with the current version and that works for me.

Try this program:
TNet_HostUDP( 22222 )

It should compile and you might get a warning from your firewall.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#11]
That compiles fine, as does the stuff on your Tutorial page.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#12]
Still, TNetBasicChat.bmx does not compile for you?

Anyone else had this problem or know what it means?

Try to remove stuff and perhaps you'll see what the problem is? It's the only way I can think of. I can't really debug it when I don't encounter the same problem myself, Sorry.