irrlict tutorials or websites?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/irrlict tutorials or websites?

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm trying my best to get used to the engine thanks to gman's converted tutorials, but i'm still having to guess work a lot of it, and the official docs are more references to the api than actual docs. Any suggestions for good learning resources?

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/tutorials.html
http://www.h4gamers.com/tutorials.php

I hope these ones could help you abit.

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#3]
Have you tried the forum? to tell you the truth i am trying to get along with irrlicht about one week now. Some people say that it's best for any newbie to stay along with the colision example and modify it.

p.s. i am searching the forum for tutorials.

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#4]
heh yep, using the collision myself. It's a powerful engine, if a little bit complicated compared to b3d. Will have to give their forum i go, should be useful.

Thanks for the links.

gman(Posted 2005) [#5]
unlike blitzbasic.com, Irrlicht doesnt have a convenient code repository. you can actually find several classes such as a spotlight on the forum itself. these can pretty easily be converted into BMAX. as for the tutorials, i dont know of any others than the ones listed :(

DStastny(Posted 2005) [#6]
Antony, sorry I havent sent you my absraction layer yet was trying to clean up some and working on Irrlicht BMax on Linux over the weekend and ran into some difficulties that are going to require me to recode some sections.

If anyone has Irrlicht Questions why not post them here. I am becoming quite familar with the Irrlicht code and although not great, the documentation is no worse than the DirectX SDKs or BMax for that matter and I probably can point you in the right directions.

Doug Stastny

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#7]
Cheers bud. I would post questions only it's more a case of stupid things like not knowing when to use X instances of mesh loaders and general stuff like that.

Mark's b3d is actually amazing in that sense, alot of power in a very easy to use interface. Take note fellow developers! :)