Will The BlitzMax 3D Module And Net Module Be...

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Will The BlitzMax 3D Module And Net Module Be...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#1]
... available for licensing to be used from a c compiler, gcc or visual c++...

and will it be possible to program the module in c++ directly, without Blitzmax... in case (dare i say it) someone feels more comfortable using c++ as opposed to the BlitzMax language module...

thx

--Mike

N(Posted 2005) [#2]
Wouldn't count on it.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#3]
Even if, they would still be under BM License ...

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#4]
yeah... right, it would still be under a BM license... i don't see any problem... i mean, licensing wise...

i'm just wondering will it be possible... like what some people are doing now... mixing and matching various components... BMax and Irrlict for instance...

and maybe i'd like to use OGRE, ODE, BMax Networking module, and some sound lib...

i'm just trying to figure out will such flexibility be possible...

--Mike

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think (but I'm not totally sure) it would be feasible to link the modules' .a files into your C/C++ executables, but presumably a lot of work to wrap the functions, types, etc on the C/C++ side. I actually had a little go at this last night with a really simple function and DevCPP but failed miserably.

Licensing-wise I can't see any real difference between BlitzMax calling gcc to link the .a files into executables and someone doing it 'manually', or from their C++ IDE. Distributing the libraries separately would be a definite no-no, of course.

I can't imagine Mark would go out of his way to make things C/C++ friendly, or deliberately unfriendly for that matter -- he's writing for Blitz, of course.