Max, on a webpage.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Max, on a webpage.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#1]
Not seen anything of this for a while, iv been away..

So thought I would ask again to check if anyone has been working on getting Max, running within a webpage.

I have a few little mini games that I would love to get onto my site.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#2]
If such a solution would exist, it would come in the form of ActiveX, which is Internet Explorer and Windows only.
This makes the only solution a pretty bad solution if you ask me.

Anoyone: correct me if I'm wrong about ActiveX being the only solution.

Another solution (but a very difficult one to do) is make a Blitz 2 java app.

The reason that Flash etc is slow, is because it conforms to the "sanbox" principle: It is contained, it won't be able to format your drive for example. Blitz does stuff that makes it very fast, but not suitable as an internet browser component.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
I think you're pretty much on the ball about the activeX thing, but if he only wants to do windows compatible ones, that would be his solution.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#4]
you could alwaya do a mozilla plug-in for linux. A plug-in that executes the application shouldn't be much complicated to do with activeX, and a standar Mozilla SO. Just associate a the plug-in with a custom extension file, that contains a list of the linux / windows / mac downloadable executables, and downloads and runs them.

to make the ActiveX version, you could even use Visual Basic, and for the Linux and Mac, GNU C.

(I don't know if it's useful, but it's the only way I can gess)