physics mods

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/physics mods

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#1]
hi

is anyone working on physics mods ?

I see torque 2d has physics built in, will bmax have this too ?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
If anyone writes one, why not. (I have a small library for electromagnetic stuff I need for my game)
But there wasn't mentioned anything like this for 2D officially if you mean this.

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#3]
look at Marks new worklog. I recall that he is creating a BRL mod for ODE (open Dynamics Engine) that will integrate 100% with MAX3D, in fact I think he is using the ODE module for all collision detection and response since it is very well done and open source (no need to reinvent the wheel)

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
http://flatland.sourceforge.net/

Filax(Posted 2005) [#5]
The futur mark 3d engine include physic ? or i'm wrong ?

N(Posted 2005) [#6]
As far as we can all see, it will include physics support via ODE.

gman(Posted 2005) [#7]
i asked mark about that since i was thinking about wrapping up ODE and i had read that he was using it. no need for me to do it if mark already was. correct me if im wrong here mark... the 3D mod will have physics integrated using ODE but there will _not_ be a seperate mod that is just ODE. not sure how much of ODE engine will be exposed. thus, im still planning on wrapping up ODE for use with the Irrlicht mods. not sure how far out it will be till i get to it though.

*EDIT - correction. i re-read marks email and it looks like there will be a low-level mod for ODE that will go along with the 3D mod.

marksibly(Posted 2005) [#8]
Hi,

Pub.ODE will be available soon!

Filax(Posted 2005) [#9]
Yearrr ! and the 3D engine too ? :) lol i'm joke :)

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#10]
Hi,

Pub.ODE will be available soon!

Sounds good. :)

Muttley(Posted 2005) [#11]
Can you just do 2D physics with ODE?

I read about this mod to ODE, but can't find whether it's now in the standard build of ODE.

http://www.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de/~pserocka/ODE-Plane2D/Plane2D.README

(sorry, don't know how to make hyperlinks yet on this board :? )

Filax(Posted 2005) [#12]
Yes you can compute 2D :) but i'm waitng to play with this fantastic
engine with 3D :)

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#13]
marksibly: Pub.ODE will be available soon!
Where is this module?

Space_guy(Posted 2005) [#14]
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!
Everything is comming out soon. cant something come out now?

:)

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#15]
patience young jedis. Realize that Mark has to walk a fragile line between speed and stability. In the past (with Blitz3D) he has often over-shot his estimated release dates but delivered a rock-solid, stable feature.

I would rather wait for a tested and stable feature than get frustrated by a poorly implemented and buggy one (ala DarkBasic) .

so far we have a strong, stable platform and are going to get MaxGUI, pub.ODE and Max3D within the next 6 months or so with GUI and ODE coming 'soon'

I am a satisfied customer.

Haramanai(Posted 2005) [#16]
But the point is that this module rest in rust cos his post was 3 months old and nothing more about it.

To be honest i just wand a pshisic module for 2D staff cos for 3D we now have Newton Module(Of course not from BRL). But the problem is that none o us know bitz max beter than BRL so if a user module of anyone give a bug we will never know why our game crushess.

In the other hand this latency about the two famus modules makes me hapy cos time is effort.

I just wand to know what is going on with ODE.PUB

bradford6(Posted 2005) [#17]
it is pub.ode

If you want to maximize the use of your time you should go to http://ode.org/ and learn how to use ODE.

JohnK(Posted 2007) [#18]
And where is pub.ode?

tonyg(Posted 2007) [#19]
After a year? Anyway it doesn't appear in the 1.24 pub module but does appear in 1.22
1.22 Server

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#20]
any news on this Mark ?