Small contribution to the community

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Small contribution to the community

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have just downloaded BlitzMax, and I would like to do a 1 or 2 week project to learn BM. I know already OOP, so it's just a matter of learning the difference with java and C++.
I don't want to program a useless small game, etc.

Instead I would like to contribute to the community by programming a useful project. This won't be a big project as I want to work on this only for 1 or 2 weeks.
So any ideas of what could be nice for the community?? I am sure a library could be nice, but on what??? What is needed here??? Any ideas are welcome!!!!

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#2]
Some kind of small particle engine perhaps
Or if you are quite into networking then a pseudo client - server system for the actual stream module :)

skn3(Posted 2005) [#3]
Try implimenting one of the free c/c++ regex libraries into bmax.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#4]
How about implementing this nice, free, mod playing library?

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yes if you create a module for a c/c++ regex lib that would be great.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#6]
I have a vague idea of what is regular expression. Could you give me a quick example of usefulness??

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#7]
I donīt know if this could fit in only one or two weeks but a wrapper for Novodex physics would be awesome.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks for all these ideas! Implementing Novodex in BlitzMax would be much more than 2 weeks!! Regular expression would be also nice, but that would require also a lot of work!

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#9]
Finally I decided to implement some useful (and simple) libraries. I have just created the first one that you can see here: http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=46794. I hope it will be useful for some of you...