BLIde (free IDE for BlitzMax for Windows)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BLIde (free IDE for BlitzMax for Windows)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#1]
As the previous BLIde topic has grown a lot, and it takes a long time to load for some users. I've opened this new topic.

For newcomers: BLIde is a free IDE for BlitzMax. It's currently in a beta-testing status, but you can download the beta version in the BLIde home page: http://www.blide.org

Or you can go directly to the download area of the web, at the following link:

http://www.blide.org/download1357908642wqeryuioiuysdfgyurB-3423-43-23/

Please, report any bug or download problem at: supermanel*at*menta*dot*net

Thanks.

(Take in consideration that you will need the Microsoft .NET framework in order to run BLIde.)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#2]
New update of BLIde available

0.2.3 version:
--------------
Context menu in the editor window enabled (right click)

Now It's possible to define the Font and the size of the code window

Fixed bug that was making impossible to create a new application after a fresh installation of BLIde 0.2.0 or greater

Skin system for the layout (Only 3 skins available at this moment)

Fixed bug that was making impossible to convert the BLIde Toolbar to a floating window

Fixed some bugs that were making some windows appear in the taskbar, when they shoudn't

Little improvements to memory usage

New message at startup when checking for updates (if check for updates at start-up is enabled).

Cajun17(Posted 2005) [#3]
As always the new version works great, but I was wondering about the local shortcuts tab on the left of the window.

It seems odd that you'd make that one static while everything else is so mobile. Is there a reason? Will this change?
Also concerning that section when you minimize and then restore it the width of it is very large, about 1/3 of the text area is taken up, could you make it 'remember' how big it was?

One more thing. In the other post you mentioned needing mirrors for BLIde. I have some webspace with plenty of bandwidth. Contact me a raulsoccer17@... if you're still in need.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#4]
thanks for you suggestions. The Local Shortcuts Pannel will be completly redesigned to conform the new layout style. This one, was the most complicated pannel to migrate to the new layout system. That's the main reason it's still static. I will change this as soon as possible.
And the web space. I steel need a mirror site. I'll send you and email.
thanks.
:)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#5]
If you upgrade to BlitzMaX 1.09, you will have to select the option:
TOOLS / RERUN CONFIGURATION WIZARD
to change the BlitzMax installation path to the new path.

You will haev also to run, at last once, the official IDE to let the new BlitzMax version register in your windows installation, if you don't do that, you'll get a Unhandled memory exception anytime you build an application.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#6]
Hi ziggy,

I am not sure if this was already requested, but would it be possible to have a "Save As..." feature with BLide?
Indeed, at the moment, you can not change the name of the file while saving it, which is a littel bit annoying when experimenting with your code.

Thanks.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#7]
Very nice! I like it a lot!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#8]
Thanks a lot :)
Save as will be acailabe on a next update.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#9]
very cool, thank you ziggy.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#10]
NEW BUG DETECTED:

The option Help / BlitzMax Version History is throwing a Undandled Exception, if you use BlitzMax engine 1.09.

This Bug will be fixed in a next release. It's caused becouse of a change in the versions archive nomenclature, in the official release of BlitzMax for Windows. If you get this error, just click on the option 'Continue' in the error handling dialog.

It's a minor bug, and it's not affecting the the common use of BLIde.

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#11]
There are two things I don't like about BLIde.

1. I don't like that the scroll bar for the code editor is on the left and not on the right.

2. You can only have code folding if you have a region. Can you not add code folding for functions?

These are the only things I don't like atm, it's a really nice IDE other than that :)

Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#12]
@Enigma:

1- You don't need a region to activate code folding, code folding activates automaticaly when you edit a NEW BLANK line, and write a function, type, for, method or if statement. But the line of code must be a blank line before you write anything on it. I will make it possible to deactivate code folding on next update.

2- The scroll bar is at the left for some strange bug in the .NET engine. It doesn't save the correct value of a RigthToLeft property of a RichTextBox when it's derived. I've solved it and the scrollbar will be at the right again in the next update.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and possitive response. thinks like those give sense to making BLIde.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#13]
Hmm. Any chance for a "folding parse" on loaded in files or when an application is opened? :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#14]
what do you mean Dreamora?

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#15]
is it possible that the search function does not work?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#16]
@FrEeMaN_MU: There was a little bug with focus control. Be sure to be in the editor control, and press Ctrl + F to make a search inside the code. This is solved on next release. (maybe in a while this release will be available)

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#17]
I don't get code folding when I use a function. Is there something that i'm not doing right with this?

Thanks

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#18]
Same problem as enigma, no folding is there, no mather what I do (new function, new type with method / function etc)

I've WinXP SP2 + .NET Framework 1.1SP1 so this shouldn't be a problem

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#19]
@Dreamora and Enigma:
Code folding is working OK on my computer, anyway I'll take a look and see what's happening

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#20]
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE

First non beta release!!

Fixed bug when selecting a non style compatilbe font, when customizing the editor colors

Fixed bug when getting the BlitzMax versions history, and the BlitzMax engine was 1.09 or greater

New feature: code Folding can be deactivated

Fixed bug that was making the scroll bar appear at the left of the editing window

New feature: Local Shortcuts pannel, The new pannel conforms the SandDock Layout standard (as all other pannels in BLIde)

Fixed a focus issue that was making some menu options not work.

New feature: New multi-level module reader, compatible with modules such as gg.Irrlich

Deeply improved memory management

New feature: Internet web browsing integrated in BLIde

Fixed iconization of external libraries

Loading time of big applications improved

Fixed bug when clossing the Task Item Editor Window, using the windows control box [X]

Hope you'll enjoy it. Regarding the code folding issue, I'm taking a look to the folding routines, to see what can be causing this error.

Here there's a sample of BLIde using the gg.irrlitch engine adaptation to bmax, made by gman (wich is realy a great 3D module)

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#21]
same problem of Dreamora and Enigma: no code folding... :(

ciao

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#22]
In version 0.2.4 ensure to have the option Tools / Option / Enable code folding activated

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#23]
yes... is enabled! :(

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#24]
I'll fix it as soon as possible. It's very strange that I have it working ok at my computer.

If you write, as instance: function MyFunction() in a blank line, it doesn't writes the end function statement automaticaly?

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#25]
yes... it write "end function" automaticaly but there is no folding on the function even if it is enabled in the option menu...

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#26]
mmmm
So, what do you exactly mean with folding?

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#27]
+-- function test()
| some code here
--- end Function

if you click the "+" the function close or open...
like in the IDE of delphi 2005 or visual studio .net, etc.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#28]
aaaaah
ok!!!
I thought it was code completion... arrg my english
let me think how to do it for a next release.
It will be available, sure!

GregBUG(Posted 2005) [#29]
if you open the file "digisteroids.bmx"
from the samples folder of bmax
look at the
'#Region

'#End Region
lines

it works...

if was nice if it was possibile also
for function, types, loops, etc..

ciao!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#30]
It will be available for types, methods and functions on next release.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#31]
great news :)

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#32]
There is three main things I would like to see in Blide and the first is the ability to open a file without altering the current application or project. Because many times I open an example, an old program, a new file to test soemthing or to temporary debug. But I feel it is complicated to do this in Blide, it also creates a file for every project/application I create/open and if I do alot of "random" tests it gets messy in the folders. And many time you want to open files side by side your main project so easily can copy and paste. I would like something like Quick-New Quick-Open which disregard the project part (you can still have your project open).
This is the only reason I need to swith to the default IDE from time to time. ( or have I missed something? )

Second is headlines for method - Functions - Const in Local Shortcuts:
+Const
+Methods
-Functions
Run( vel% )
Walk( vel% )
Jump( h% , l% )
Climb( O:Object)
----------

Third is a thing much like LocalShortcuts. I think it would be quite easy to implend condiering it's usefulness!. I want a local Project-Favorites, in which you can add the methods/functions you use to most so that (if you're working on a large file/files) can go back and forth between those methods/functions. This favorite list should work just like the local shortcuts but only containing what you specify. To Specify which method/functions you could for example right click on the method and select "add to Fav". (That list could be saved in the local project/application file)

And 1 small bug (I think)
2. IF statements do autocomplete even if you write them on one line:
If A = 10 then B = 20

Just some ideas =)
Excellent IDE btw - Keep it up!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#33]
@wave:
you can open en exiting BMX file, to cut/paste/view code, without opening the official IDE and without closing the current application. Just click on 'Add existing file to application' this way, the BMX file will appear in the dependencies tree, at the end. You can see the file, cut/paste, do whatever and after that, remove the file by selecting it and pressing the trash can icon in the dependencies tree.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#34]
True,

Could you add Projectfiles - Create/Add/Erase to the shortcut bar (the one with icons) instead of Application -New/Open/Close. That would be perfect for me anyway =)

And a quick question, does skin save with colors? So you can have different (text) color setups?

EDIT-
Also noticed I can't "drop" files into the IDE.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#35]
@wave: Skin aplies to the layout look, not to the editor colors, wich you can customize from the tools option. you can't have different colors setup. This would be a very easy thing to do. I will.

And drop files is not supported.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#36]
Hi ziggy,

Here are a couple of issues, I have with this release:

- the Re-Run Configuration wizard does not seem to work. After selecting the path of my Bmax folder, I donīt have the chance to click on Next/Finish to validate the new path.

- when re-opening a file, the parts of the code that were folded (+), are opened i.e. not folded anymore (-). It seems that these states are not saved.

But I love the auto-completion feature with gg.Irrlicht!

Thank you.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#37]
@Nennig: In the configuration wizard, if you change the folder, and select again the right one, you should be able to click on the Next button. This will be fixed soon.

Folding is generated at run-time, so can't be saved with the source.

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#38]
When this IDE has code folding for functions, it will have everything that I need from an IDE. This is really nice Ziggy :)

Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#39]
Thanks a lot!!!!

Sashnil(Posted 2005) [#40]
Hi Ziggy,

Congrats on Blide, I just love it!

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#41]
Ziggy I found a serious bug:

If you have several files open and then build and the complier finds an error it opens a COPY of the file you have open. I was unaware of this and started sorting bugs, adding stuff debugging for hours. Then I closed the project and saved, still with the old file open (the one which opened after the first build). The old file saved over the new file! EVERYTHING LOST!

And when I try to close the old-copy file I can't. Because that is not supported - please allow for people to work in off files (quick new temp file, quick close, like in the Official IDE). I want to open and work in files without having to mess with any project/application part. Your editor is great but the project part makes working in Bmax very frustrating for me! Also when I open a bmx file automatically Blide creates 2 files in that folder, that's very messy if you open up 20 demos, just to try them. I hope you get my point.

I think your IDE is VERY good to code in! If you don't want to include a way skip the application part, please relase a lite-version without it.

Robert(Posted 2005) [#42]
I like the IDE so far Ziggy, but where can I download the source code for it?

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#43]
Its free, not OpenSource ;)

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#44]
The ide looks great if a bit coo complicated, anyway I really need a "correct indentation" control (to reorder the code I messed up). Do you think you can do it?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#45]
@Najdorf,
Now I'm working on a plug-in engine for BLIde. With this engine, all users may be able to create their own plug-ins for BLIde, written in BlitzMax. A 'identation corrector' is a very good candidate for a plug-in. As soon as the SDK is available, I'll make a BLIde update, including the Plug-In SDK.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#46]
@Robert:
I can't publish the sources, becouse I'm using third party components. I have the rights to use and change the third party components source code, becouse I've got a license, but I can't publish them. If I could, BLIde would be open source. It's free software, but not Open Source Software.

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#47]
Is there going to be an update with code folding on functions or are you going to wait until the SDK is done?

Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#48]
I'll make an update with code folding as soon as possible. But I've got some problems with the layout system. A file of the sources has been corrupted (windows....) and I'm rebuilding all the layout system... so it may delay a little. I hope it'll be next week or so.
The SDK is already in a early development state. a .NET version is finished and working well, but the BlitzMax version is 50% more or less. I'm waiting for a GUI module, wich is being developed by Sarge.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#49]
Could you offer an alternative download link?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#50]
yes
http://www.nekosqr.com/downloads/mirror/blide-0-2-4.zip

This is a mirror download site.

ahobbit(Posted 2005) [#51]
ziggy, great looking IDE. I don't think any other IDE for BlitzMax could rival it if you are able to implement all the improvements that have been discussed in this thread.

If you don't mind, I have one other request I'd like to mention: Would you allow regions to be given "names" so that when they are in their collapsed state, the name that is displayed is not "#Region" but the name that was given to the region (or at least something that would include the region name - something like "#Region REGION_NAME"). It would be great if this could be applied to "nested" regions as well.

Also, is there a way to delete region markers? I've tried deleting the region markers, but although the text for the region markers is removed, there remains in their place the operators that fold the code (i.e. the little box with the "+" symbol which when clicked on collapses/expands the text). Could you implement an "undo" of "Convert Selection to Region", perhaps a "Remove Region Markers from Selection" operation?

Thanks for making such a great tool available for free! :)

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#52]
There is an Item called 'Redraw and fix Regions' in the Tools Menu. That should solve the Problem.

Robert(Posted 2005) [#53]
It's free software, but not Open Source Software.

In which case you cannot publish it under the GPL license, the central tennet of which is that the software's source code is freely available.

Read through the text of the License Agreement screen in your installer.

I suggest that you just draw up your own text which basically says "This is free (as in beer) software, distribute it as you please."

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#54]
@gameboy: If your regions get messed up, click on 'redraw and fix regions' It'll fix all the regions and folding in the code, automaticaly.

Region names: You can define a region this way:
'#Region name or description
This information will be shown when the region is minimized.

@Robert: I'll change the license. Thanks for the information.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#55]
Great work! Only problem is that when I try to copy and paste,
it doesn't work. I copy the text from BLIde, but I can't
paste it outside of it. :(

Otherwise, its the BMax Dream IDE so far!
I love BLIde! Its the only IDE I use! :)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#56]
the text in BLIde is created in a custom-made format. so it's not compatible with standar windows text. I'm tring to solve this without loosing parsing speed... I'll make you know if I manage to do it.

EDIT*
Anyway, the text is also copied as standard windows-ansi-plain text, so you should be able to make cut/paste from inside and outside BLIde.
Is anybody else having the same problem? and if yes, wich windows version do you own?

ahobbit(Posted 2005) [#57]
Thanks for the info, ziggy.

One more thing I thought would be nice to have. The Whole Tomato Visual Assist X add-in for Visual Studio has a neat feature where you can collapse all your code to the region or function level - this makes it fast to navigate to a particular area of a large source code file. With the function names already being listed in the "local shortcuts" pane, a global operation for collapsing to the function name level isn't really necessary, but it would still be nice to be able to collapse all regions at once.

Once again, great job on your IDE. :)

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#58]
Never mind that copy and paste thing....

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#59]
@Wave,
I found the 'duplicate file loading' bug. It happens when an application throws an exception, and this exception is located inside an imported or included bmx file, wich its relative path contains a ..\ starting.
As instance:
import "../anotherfile.bmx"
could cause a duplicate file loading in BLIde, if the application crashes inside this file.

This bug will be fixed on a next release (I hope next week).

I'm also thinking the way to let users load single bmx files (not application oriented, just files)... I think it's a very good suggestion.

techjunkie(Posted 2005) [#60]
Thanks Ziggy! Great work!! :) BLIde really looks (and feel) professional - I love it!

A donation is on it's way... buy yourself a beer... ;-)

(Hmmm - can you fix the first page on the Paypal URL for BLIde, so you can see that you pay in EURO or so you can change the currency? I think this is possible.)

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#61]
@techjunkie: Many thanks!!!! I love beer!!! :P

A new update will be available next week, with some bugfixing and a extended code folding.

@Wave: Next release will have the bug you've found (duplicate loading of some relative paths) solved.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#62]
Next release will have the bug you've found (duplicate loading of some relative paths) solved

Good work!

I'm also thinking the way to let users load single bmx files (not application oriented, just files)... I think it's a very good suggestion.
Perfect!

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#63]
How are you getting on with the next update ziggy?

Thanks

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#64]
enigma, I'm working on it, it may be out maybe tomorrow. I'm testing it a lot, becouse I have had to rebuild the layout system (becouse of a data lost in my computer), and I want to ensure everything is working as spected.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#65]
NEW VERSION 0.2.5 available:

changes:

FIXED: Duplicate file loading when debugin was enabled and the running application crashed on a file with a upper relative path

NEW: Feature 'Quick load BMX file' with no application dependencies control, and no BLIDE file creation. This files can be loaded, edited, compiled, etc. while an application is already being edited, compiled, etc.

NEW: Feature automatic folding for types, functions and methods

FIXED: Improved the tab-change speed significantly.

FIXED: Customize editor colors: Fixed bug of data conversion in some windows distros.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#66]
Again, an excellent work ziggy.

the 2 features that I miss the most are:
-save as...
-the states of the folding are saved, so when you re-open your file, it looks exactly the same as when you saved and closed it.

maybe in a future version.

Anyway, BLide rocks!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#67]
Nenning, you've got save as!!! :) (expand the file menu, and you'll see SAVE CURRENT FILE AS).

the folding state can't be saved, becouse of the way it's generated at run-time. It may be a little complicated to handle by now. Anyway, it's something I want to do, so I'll implement it in the future.

Nennig(Posted 2005) [#68]
Ooppsss, I am sorry ziggy.

I guess I could write a book like "how to look like a moron in 5 seconds.." :-)))

well, I like your IDE very much... but that you know already...

Thanks a lot. ;-)

RetroRusty(Posted 2005) [#69]
I really like that function folding, thanks ziggy :)

Has anyone got a nice colour scheme? I would like to see what you are all using.

Thanks

Tiger(Posted 2005) [#70]
What I miss is 'fold all' and 'Unfold all' futures.

Thanks for a nice IDE and keep up the good work.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#71]
Very, very VERY nice.

Especially love the function folding.

I second Tiger's suggestion for 'fald all' and 'unfold all' feature, and would also like to see an option in the preferences to automatically fold all functions upon loading a file.

Another suggestion: maybe you can add a feature similar to Jim Brown's Framework Assistance which was posted on these forums the other day, which analyzes blitzmax code and figures out which modules should be included.

Anyway, thanks for the great work so far, it's much appreciated!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#72]
@Tiger: It's a good idea.

@xlsior: Thanks for your positive feedback. The code alalizer can be a BLIde plug-in. I'm working on a SDK to make plug-ins for BLIde, it's in a very early development status, maybe in a month there will be a first .NET SDK distribution, and, as soon as I get a windows default GUI module for blitzbax, I will release the BlitzMax SDK for BLIde.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#73]
Any help in a simple GUI module for BLitzMax, to make the BlitzMax BLIde SDK is welcome. Sarge is writing his own module, but any other help will be welcome. It has to be a windows API GUI library.

-----

Fold all and Unfold all, will be available on next release.

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#74]
would it be possible to add button which can create a non project bmx file? personally i miss this function.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#75]
Yes, it'll be done in a next release.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#76]
Hello, this is by far the best BlitzMax ide but Im still needing the last feature:

When you type for example "drawimage" it should auto capped to "DrawImage", same with for example "function" -> "Function" etc

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#77]
I know the auto-capitalization is missing, and it's planned, but not for next release. It's very complicated to make it, without affecting the parser speed, becouse there are LOTS of keywords to check at run-time, and checking them and rewriting them while the IDE is running, could cause a performance speed-down. As soon as I finish the SDK (wich is taking me a lot of time), I will make some changes to the parsing engine and to the autocompletion system. But not for the inmediate future.

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#78]
Ziggy I have found a little bug, which is really driving me crazy.
When you had focused a panel like Framework or the console and then you go back to your code, then the code panel isn't focused. This results that the focus always switch back to the previous panel after pressing enter for autocomlpetion. You always had to press the tab of your code panel before.

I hope you understand it and you find a way to solve it.

THX

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#79]
@klepto2:I don't know if I'm missing something but I can't reproduce your bug. Can you please write an example STEP by STEP?

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#80]
Thats curious, After I write my post I couldn't reproduce it.

I will take an eye on it and will post a step by step when it appears again. But one I could say this bug mainly appears when using user defined Types. But as said not that moment.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#81]
Ok, let me know if you find out when happens. I'll take a look also.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#82]
How can I open the BlitzMax manual in BLIde?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#83]
Just go to the Help TAB, and press the HOME button. It will show the BlitzMax manual.
In addition, if you're editing code, and you press F1 while the cursor is over any keyword, BLIde will show automaticaly all the documentation related to that keyword.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#84]
New vewsion 0.2.6 available:

0.2.6 version:

FIXED: Faster load/unload the 'Define editor colors and look' dialog.

NEW: Feature 'Quick NEW BMX file' with no application dependencies control, and no BLIDE file creation. this files can be loaded while an application is already being edited.

NEW: Feature automatic folding for types, functions and methods. Now it's possible to Fold and Unfold everything

NEW: Plug-ins menu activated. There's a sample plug-in in this version, in order to make a plug-in engine beta-testing.

NEW: New debug engine that permits a deeper memory scan, at run-time

FIXED: Configuration wizard now conform wizard standards.

R0B0T0(Posted 2005) [#85]
Thanks Ziggy, I'll be testing this out tommorrow I'm sure.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#86]
@Everybody:
Let me know if the sample plug-in included in this new version is working or not. It's an alpha version of the plug-in engine.
Thanks!

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#87]
Very nice. The example plugin works fine here. Also I have added some exe files to the pluginfolder and get managed to let them work. (These are no Codespecific things but it works with documenta and the Frameworkassistant very well.

I have figured out the meaning of the ".BlidePI" files but what does the first 2 lines stand for?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#88]
format of the BlidePI files is:

Line1:BlidePI file version (it has to be 1.0)
Line2:Plug-in Version (it deppends of each plug-in)
Line3:Author name
Line4:Executable name of the Plug-In
Line5:Name of the Plug-In in the BLIde menu
Line6:Description of what the Plug-In does
Line7:Any additional info

When a Plug-in is started, BLIde starts a communication protocol to interact with the Plug-in, so it's not a good idea to put stand-alone EXEs linked to BLIde via BlidePI files. IT can cause several run-time errors. I'll make a add-on manager, to integrate any other EXEs with BLIde, but I suggest not to use the Plug-in engine for this. Anyway, if the EXEs are not using standard output orinput to manage data, the linking could work...

:)

Thanks a lot klepto2 for reporting. As always, your help and suggestions are welcome.

Has anybody else tried the test Plug-in?

Kernle 32DLL_2(Posted 2005) [#89]
good work as well

ghislain(Posted 2005) [#90]
Blide does not install when .Net 2 beta is installed i.s.o. v1. Is there any way to avoid this check? Older versions of blide seem to work ok with Net v2...

ghislain

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#91]
i am enjoying the new blide, i have noticed a few bugs though.

1.) If in the editor i type ":+" then the editor looses focus to another window.

2.) Typing in reserved keywords does not always set the case of the keyword.

Other than that, I have not seen any other issues so far.

Again, well done on an awsome IDE !!!

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#92]
To 1)
@Deux: Could you please try it also with "=" and Space or ":" and enter. Ths problem sounds like the bug i mentioned above, but I couln't reproduce it in a useful way.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#93]
@ghislain:
The installer is exactly the same as previous versions, so it should install the same way. Ensure to have the .NET 1.1 also installed (in addition of the v2.0 beta)

@Deux:
1)I'll take a look to solve it. didn't notice that bug.
2)BLIde does not make auto-capitalization yet. It's jsut done from within the autocompletion box. It will be done in the future, but I'm priorizing other issues that are more important for me, by now.

@Klepto2: Thanks for your comments. The bug you mentionen happened always when writing : char???

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#94]
thanks Ziggy, you rock dude

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#95]
@Ziggy: Not everytime but It happens most with the autocompletion and only after I have compiled and run my App.

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#96]
there's a bug in the configuration wizard. the Drive selection combo is not visible, so you can't have BLIde and blitzMax in separated drives. This will be changed in next release, If anyone needs a patch for this, I've got one, just mail me at supermanel*at*menta*dot*net