Function Overwriting with Imports

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Function Overwriting with Imports

Suco-X(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi.
My Problem :
BlitzMax ImageFont Lib and my own ImageFont Lib.
Both the same function names & parameter. I thought i can switch between the two Libs with Framework and Import.
But i cant see a way to seperate ImageFont from Max2D.

And if i Use :

Framework brl.basic
import brl.max2d
import pub.myfont

i get an Compiler duplicate Error. I thought the Compiler overwrites max2d functions with the same pub.myfont functions. Please give me any idea to get a good solution.
Thanks!
Mfg Suco

FlameDuck(Posted 2005) [#2]
Max2D imports imagefont by default. There are three ways to do this. The h4xx0r way is to replace the "imagefont.bmx" in "/mod/brl.mod/max2d.mod/" with your own source.

The less h4xx0r and marginally safer thing to do would be to copy Max2D.mod to a new directory and call it TheOtherMax2D.mod, then exchange imagefonts like above. Then import that library instead of the real Max2D (this will also probably survive a syncmods).

The sensible thing to do is probably just rename your functions - preferably by adding a prefix of some sort.

N(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm with the sensible thing.

Suco-X(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi
Thx for help. But i need a direct way. I have do this before i ask in this Forum.

Function DrawText(Txt:String,x:Float,y:Float)
	DCDrawText(Txt,x,y)
End Function

Function TextWidth:Float(Txt:String)
	Return DCTextWidth(Txt)
End Function 

Function TextHeight:Float(Txt:String)
	Return DCTextHeight(Txt)
End Function

Thats the Functions in my Maincode. In the Maincode i can overwrite the max2d Functions without errors.
Only problems with the imports...........
And i need no stupid h4xx0r wrapping.
Mfg Suco