LoadImageFont ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/LoadImageFont ?

taumel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello,

i wanted to ask if someone knows if the function LoadImageFont works? I tried it together with SetImageFont and DrawText but it always looks the same.

Greetings,

taumel

Robert(Posted 2005) [#2]
LoadImageFont does work, but you need to pass the exact path of the font file, eg. "C:\Windows\Fonts\Verdana.ttf" in order for it to work.

This currently isn't very useful as the absolute path will vary from system-to-system, so I believe Mark and/or Skid are working on getting the font-loader to search common paths as well.

RGR(Posted 2005) [#3]
Probably it was meant (in Beta version) to have the Image Font in your Programs Path?
Since you cannot expect anyway, that all computer people in this world have the same fonts in their Windows Font Folder.
And especially if you use one of those 1000s Fonts you can download for free and use in your Program to make it sort of unique.
Knowing this, I'd provide 1 or 2 free Fonts with a program to be sure the user is getting the same results as expected.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks, it works now.

That was exactly my problem. I thought it would handle the appropriate systempath on it's own as also the sample fireworks in the sample code section only used the name of the font and there was no font in the programfolder.

Greetings,

taumel