What are you working on ?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/What are you working on ?

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all, I get lots of inspiration by seeing what other peeps are working on.

So tell me what you are working on !

I am working on an action game called Defender of Circulus for a local gamedev compo being held here in South Africa.

The theme is Circles vs Squares. I am well into development now, and will post some screenies in the showcase soon.

So yeah, lets hear what everyone is doin.

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#2]
Installer software

gman(Posted 2005) [#3]
BlitzMAX wrap of Irrlicht 3D engine. 98% complete wrap of all classes and types in Irrlicht with extern definitions included (there are a few methods im not sure how to convert and a few callback classes to do). 80% of that wrapped into BMAX types. i only have the scene namespace left to wrap and looking to have it done by the coming weekend. after i convert the tutorials i will release to the public, will probably be sometime next week if all goes well.

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#4]
edit:oops

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#5]
@gman

That sounds awsome !!!

Do you have a link to screenies etc ?

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#6]
That sounds realy awesome... Looking fordward to testing it

gman(Posted 2005) [#7]
i knew there would be some excitement over this :) really didnt want to announce it officially till completion was imminent... which it appears to be. really no screenshots since it will be running the straight Irrlicht engine (see the Irrlicht website for screens). the real magic will be in the code. the mod should end up being a near-faithfull wrap of Irrlicht (with a few limitations worked around and possibly a few methods i cant convert) so translating examples should be easy and learning time decreased.

LarsG(Posted 2005) [#8]
exciting news!!
I understand why you've held back on the info.. :)

kochOn(Posted 2005) [#9]
A remake of an old computer game "bumpy" that i've already began 2 years ago but never finished it.
It's 3 months i've restarted the "Crazy Bumpa" project and there are a lot of things to do until the end.
For now, i can say the game's editor if about to 80%
but is fully usable.
So, like a turtle i progress slowly but surely...

köchon...

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#10]
Sounds awesome gman!

ATM I'm working on a parser that would be the core of a bmax code preprocessor and interpreter. Its actually the 5th re-write, all the other versions have either been too slow for my taste or didn't have core stuff that would be required for the interpreter. For instance, remembering where certain bits of the program came from. I've also had to write my own variation of TList - Group which is designed for taking a giant group and given ranges converts it to a group of subgroups with perhaps some data nodes left over. It does this rather smoothly, by modifying some variables and creating one new type, as apposed to having to recreate the data every time with TLists. The first goup is the main group, the second is the main programs code grouped by line. The third is functions/types within the main program.

Anyway, probably a but too indepth but hey

Specis(Posted 2005) [#11]
Sounds good, you wrapping this with native max code? or using a dll?

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#12]
I'm working on figuring out what I'm working on. :-)

N(Posted 2005) [#13]
Currently, my game. Lots of coding, re-coding, etc. going on with it at the moment 'cause I'm not quite comfortable with BlitzMax's collision detection stuff yet (still trying to work out how I can make the best use of it).

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#14]
A game called GEOM, I'll tell more soon.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#15]
mainly working on Magno Ball and spending some time on AI research

gman(Posted 2005) [#16]
@Specis

if you were referring to the Irrlicht wrapper, the wrap consists of 2 BMAX mods. the first (gg.Irrlicht) is a combination of .C wrap files that wrap all the methods of the Irrlicht classes/structures into C functions and .BMX files that publicly expose those C functions via extern statements. the second mod (gg.IrrBMAX) contains BMAX types that utilize the functions exposed by gg.Irrlicht. the types in gg.IrrBMAX are structured to near-faithfully represent the Irrlicht classes both in form and use. both mods will be compilable in Windows and Linux (there is no Mac port yet for Irrlicht that i know of). Irrlicht itself does have a DLL that must be installed with it (for windows)... and something i assume for linux as well. im not up on linux so i will need to rely on someone else to compile and test that for me.

gman(Posted 2005) [#17]
just FYI... there is now a worklog for my Irrlicht mods so that i may keep the community better informed on its status. i will be putting out a full status sometime this evening.

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#18]
nice ! cant wait gman !