Windowed graphics display

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Windowed graphics display

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#1]
How would i get a Graphics window to be at a certain x,y width a certain width + height in windowed mode without a titlebar?

I know this seems a bit picky (sp??) but i want to be able to create a GUI and thats the only only way i can think of starting.

Is this possible at all?

Russell(Posted 2005) [#2]
Honestly, I'd hold tight for a month or two before I invested any serious time and/or effort into developing a gui:There are several options in the works right now.

Russell

Eikon(Posted 2005) [#3]
Use Graphics Width, Height, -1, -1 to get a Titlebar-less window. If you want to manually position your window, see this code

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1318

MattVonFat(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thank you very much! Just what i was looking for.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#5]
Nice!

Does this work on all operating systems, or just windows?

(Speaking of windowed graphics-modes, I ran into something else that was a bit odd:
On my main computer I can switch between full screen and windowed graphics mode without any problems in my program. However, when I invoke the same routines on my secondary computer (using Intel onboard GFX chip), instead of switching to windowed mode it instantaneously REBOOTS my computer without error. Will try to narrow it down to some bare-bones code that can replicate this issue, but has anyone else ever seen this?!)