Free Max ide soon

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Free Max ide soon

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#1]
ive been working on my own ide, its more like the b3d ide etc in style but with a mix of visual studio, hopefully i can get some nice bits in like code folding(ya yaya but i like it)

this is just mainly a personal project because the current win one isnt and probally wont be what i want, but if anyone would like to try it i dont mind posting it up once its all running like a beaut.

any requests for lil bits (nothing major atm just lil things u might want)

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#2]
awsome ! eta ?

What other ide's are available for bmax ?

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#3]
eta next few days all going well (or earlier if i can lurk anyone on irc to try it out)

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hey that looks nice... good job, can't wait to try it.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#5]
Looking nice, would love to give it a try.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#6]
good work!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#7]
How about a command auto-complete feature where you start typing a command and suggestions are inserted based on how much you typed so far - so that it's easy to find the command you want - rather than having to keep going back to the help files?

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#8]
cool... i like it...

current bbmax-editor is very trashy...

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#9]
Lookin nice!! Gimme gimme!

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#10]
looks great! what language did you write it in?

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#11]
tnx, its in c# (but nowadays the net thing is pretty.. standard, if there are probs when i give it out, i can convert to not use net, but its all good (back to coding:P)

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#12]
oh hell C#... nice , but i dislike net

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#13]
oh hell C#... nice , but i dislike net

Same here. :-?

If this IDE turns out to be good enough I'll probably end up installing it out of necesity, but i've seen more than my fair share of .NET related problems on the windows server side, and have been very hesitant to install it on my workstation so far.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#14]
angel you mean like a kinda intellisense? id be interested in adding that (a list would appear as you typed out a command with all the functions containing the letters as you typed so you could choose from it if you wanted.)

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#15]
The more BlitzMax IDEs that come out, the better. Everyone wants an alternative.

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#16]
Hope ONE of all these free ide's gets finished...

Why0Why(Posted 2005) [#17]
I hear many here complain about .NET. I code in it all day, use it for SQL, VB.NET and ASP.NET and am running it on XP, 2000 Server, 2003 Server and even some old 98 machines and I don't ever seem to have any problems with it. What type of problems do people here have beside the fact is is made by MS?

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#18]
.NET 1.0 had some problems with different games which were running in full screen. But I don't have this problems anymore since 1.1 ...

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#19]
parp, updated the pic, syntax highlighting, finish up some menu/toolbar items and a few other lil bits left :D

edit: then i will start adding the nice extras such as optional regions and folding

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#20]
Looking good! But don't get too carried away with the extra's - I'd like a stable, fully functional and not too cluttered IDE.

Keep up the good work.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#21]

I'd like a stable, fully functional and not too cluttered IDE.

Me too, BUT, then do folding. Its a crutial point to me.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#22]
aye no probs, ive been testing it for the past few hours, i dont see any bugs at all (haha knock on wood (not that kind!))

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#23]
updated... getting very close to a download now:D syntax highlights, options menus etc lil things like that left.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#24]
Oh, cYanide, Could it be made compatible with Blitz3D too? Im fed up of my current editor.... Lookin an soundin sweet!!!

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#25]
its possible, it wouldnt be hard todo... will have a think about it:P

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#26]
If you make your syntax highlighting customizable via a text file and allow you to specify which compiler to use for each file type then people could program in any language they like.

Dreamora(Posted 2005) [#27]
are you talking of this ide or of Ultra Edit 32? :P

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#28]

Oh, cYanide, Could it be made compatible with Blitz3D too?

Oi! we haven't got an IDE that works properly yet - BlitzMax version first please.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#29]
highlights now done! :D, as seen in the updated pic, almost there:)

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#30]
Function Folding?

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#31]
i will get on and see about adding that kinda stuff later (after all this is really a personal project but im gonna release it cuz it might help a few peeps out and also id like to get back to coding my other stuff soon:))

but will get around to it.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#32]

Oi! we haven't got an IDE that works properly yet - BlitzMax version first please.

Hey, I use BlitzMax too and I'm not saying to make it for B3D first :P

Just like everyone knows, we do need a BlitzMax IDE :)

Come on {cYan|de}, get it up eh? ^.^

Steve Elliott(Posted 2005) [#33]
And don't worry about another free IDE that's coming out (it might be a bit over complicated/slow).

No pressure - but hurry up! ;-)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#34]
:( Did you give up? I hope not! :D go go go!

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#35]
im still here, i decided to redesign a bit, its now gonna be linux and windows and im trying to make it as streamlined as possible but still nice to use.

edit: msn add slightlyevilmonkee@... if u are bored anytime and feel like a test of the current ver.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#36]
Lookin great!keep i up. I will certainly like to test!

ziggy(Posted 2005) [#37]
woa! It looks good! :D

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#38]
Looks good. Glad to see it's being tested with the highest quality code... cough.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#39]
Awesome! Thanks for keepin on it!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#40]
*POKE POKE PROD!!! NUDGE!

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#41]
sorry im busy with other things, er there is a version going around atleast 2 peeps have it.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2005) [#42]
Suddenly getting sidetracked with something else can happen to the best of us. :)

I'm sure whatever you are doing now is a very worthwhile task indeed. :D