about converting c to basic

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/about converting c to basic

Smurfpuss(Posted 2005) [#1]
is there any one that nows were i can finde a page about c code to basic code convertion

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#2]
Never tried it myself. and I think you'll find that its a case of trial and error. It will help you better if you understood a tad about C and BMAX, so you know what is comparable between the two lingos.

Have you ever dabbled with C in the past?

Russell(Posted 2005) [#3]
There are c to visual basic converters I've seen. Of course, VB has a different syntax than BM (I'll say!).

What Thumbz says is right, too. What is it that you want to convert?

Russell

col(Posted 2005) [#4]
I don't think it would be that difficult. May struggle with memory pointers and initialisation of pointers/arrays, casting might be a pain in a$$£, but I convert from c all the time. Or you can use compiled c/c++ functions to do grunt work and just pass your parameters in and out of the c programs.

Depends on your specifics?

Clyde(Posted 2005) [#5]
what you might struggle with is converting over Arrays.

What kind of stuff do you want to convert?

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#6]
Keep in mind that BlitzMax isn't a BASIC language like the other Blitz languages. It's at a middle-ground between BASIC and C.

Cajun17(Posted 2005) [#7]
You could probably write a converter and pass the code through it. Even if you did a sloppy one it would cut out a lot of the repeditive work depending on how large the file(s) is/are.