Printing images?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Printing images?

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there currently any way to print images in blitz? Absolutely any way would be great, even as far as supplying my program with some rtf files containing the picture and using "file.rtf /p" but I don't think that's possible.

Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any libraries floating around or can I use a method I've overlooked?

Any ideas very much appreciated.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#2]
Once BMax supports execfile() or something (currently it doesn't yet, but supposedly this will be added in the near future), you can use this mickey-mouse solution under windows:

mspaint <image.jpg> /p

Of course this is a very sloppy way of doing things, especially since you have no quarantee that someone actually has mspaint.exe on their machine (most will, but not all).

A module, library, or DLL or whatever that can give you this feature would be vastly preferable, obviously.

Rimmsy(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'm not too hot on implementing libraries as I have absolutely no idea how to do so. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I don't mind doing the work but I'm not sure where I should be looking.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#4]
There is a SaveImage function the the BPaint example which might help. This saves TImages.

A quick fix is to use Alt+PrintScreen to capture the display then paste into a paint package.