error with my modules

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/error with my modules

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#1]
Suddenly, BMX cannot load my self made modules. It says that it cant find file Modulename.a. So I looked in the folder with my modules, and there was no file modulename.a. When I tried recompiling then with BMK, they still did not generate a .a file and it still doesnt work. They have worked perfectly up to this point, but suddenly this time i started my computer, it wont load them. Whats goin on?

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#2]
I just made copies of Modulename.d.a, and renamed them Modulename.a and it works fine now, but shouldn't this be done when I use BMK utility?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#3]
you need to compile the modules with debug mode on and off.

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#4]
You mean I have to compile them twice, once with it on and once with it off?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#5]
yes, you need to compile them twice.

The .d in .d.a means debug.

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#6]
It still doesn't work. It only makes the .d.a file, and it doesn't say compiling, it just says archiving in the shell.

[edit] I deleted the file, saved a copy of it back in place where it should be, and with Debug mode OFF, used bmk on it, and it only made the .d.a file and the .d.i file. Then when used bmk with Debug mode ON, nothing happened. Is this a problem with bmk?

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#7]
Perturbatio I can't figure this out no matter what I do it only creates the .d.a and .d.i files and I have to go in there manually and change them. How can I fix this???

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#8]
Try turning off the Quick Build option and starting again. There's no point renaming the debug versions -- they'll still be debug versions no matter what!

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#9]
It still doesn't work!!!!! AAAA! It still only has the .d.a and .d.i files. Quick Build is off, Debug is off, why doesn't this work???

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#10]
erm

when yo ucompile the modules do both:

bmk makemods rich.hmm
bmk makemods -r rich.hmm

rdodson41(Posted 2005) [#11]
I see and that will make it the non debug version. But how come up to this point it worked fine with the debug version but suddenly its not? Can I specifically set it to look for .d.a and .a files?

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#12]
I have a hunch if you are compiling your main program in debug mode it uses debug version, but if you compile in release mode it will not work. I am presuming you switched your compiler to release.