A possible cross platform GUI?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/A possible cross platform GUI?

altitudems(Posted 2005) [#1]
I just came across a platform independant, native ui, gui lib called CPLAT. http://www.ksoft.net/cp_home.htm Although it costs $50 for the source, there
are no license fees for shareware or commercial apps. The code doesn't seem too bloated, and It's NATIVE GUI!! If I knew how to port c++ to max I would buy this and use it now :). I'm hoping someone else her will take the code and run with it. I'm not sure how it would be distributed though after porting. Maybe a module could be made that requires you too buy the c++ code seperateley? Hmm....Anyone want to port it for the BlitzMax Community? I hope to God that the GUI system being developed by BRL will be native GUI, if not, I will never use it.

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#2]
Um, Bmax can use c++ code inside modules :) I believe the initial gui will be windows only and spread to the other platforms. or something.

Anyway, you can use c++ code inside modules. If the c++ uses really complicated stuff, you will have to write a wrapper in either bmx or c++ that allows sensible access. Looks nice tho.

John Pickford(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds like BRL should be talking to them.