BasicGL for BlitzMax (beta)

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BasicGL for BlitzMax (beta)

Proger(Posted 2005) [#1]
BasicGL for BlitzMax.

New features and certainly speed became accessible with BlitzMax out. The kernel of BasicGL was completely changed, that also has expanded features of engine and has essentially increased speed. With changes of a kernel new principles are entered, and also some functions accessible before are temporarily removed, they will appear again in the next versions.
New versions of the documentation, and also lessons will be published soon.

Preliminary sales of BasicGL have already begun and for all buyers future versions will be free up to version 2.0.

The current price is only $29.95, the price of the version 1.0 will be $49.95.

More Information: www.ag-tools.com

Tom(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hi,

I can't seem to get it working, I copied the mod folder over, I put the 3 DLLs into blitzmax\bin\

I get an error when trying the samples

'Invalid import identifier: Asc'

Also, any plans to make this cross platform?

Cheers
Tom

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#3]
They work for me by simply putting the basicgl.mod into pub.mod and trying the samples.
However, I do get memory error when 'esc' each sample. This in on my laptop which has a few problems with BMX.
<edit> and Thor demo needs global thor[4]
<edit><edit> Some later ones cause gMVRENDER errors but it's 99% my graphics card.

Extron(Posted 2005) [#4]
Don't work with "debug build" else no problem.

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#5]
The biggest problem with BasicGL is its lack of documentation. when that is sorted out I think it will be a pretty decent 3d engine for Blitz Max.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#6]
Everything worked nicely here -- impressive!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#7]
Worked nicely here, very good.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#8]
Works fine here.

Whats the aaf file format used for animation?

Also, anyone know how to remove the folder/file properties locking on the BlitzGL folder?

Mystik(Posted 2005) [#9]
Working fine here.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#10]
Works Ok, except the water seems to animate much to fast to look realistic in the demo on my system.

GrrBrr(Posted 2005) [#11]
seems to be a very nice solution for me while waiting for the official 3dmodule. but without docs... :(

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#12]
Is it true that BasicGL uses GLscene?

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#13]
Dit work on Mac/Linux?

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#14]
Good question. I would also like to know if BasicGL will be able to be used with Mac/Linux versions of BlitzMax in the future. It would be a good selling point.

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#15]
Dude this is kind of hot!! Right on! Like GrrBrr said it gives me something to play with in the meantime for the 3D blitzmax nugget to come out! W00t!

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#16]
If its a standalone mod (ie no dlls) It'll be cross plat... Well, as long as it uses blitz's builtin GL creation routines.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#17]
In that case I repeat Booticus: it's HOT :-)

Takuan(Posted 2005) [#18]
Hot, me likes alot...

podperson(Posted 2005) [#19]
So I take it this is Windows only? Useless for me, unfortunately.

Proger(Posted 2005) [#20]
For Windows & Linux.

For Mac - after realize of version 1.0.

Proger(Posted 2005) [#21]
BasicGL 0.39 for BlitzMax:
- some bugs fixed
- DCE, ODE(basic) physics
- New examples
- New lessons in documentation

Download NOW!

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#22]
Is it true that BasicGL uses GLscene?

Whats the aaf file format?

Also, anyone know how to remove the folder/file properties locking on the BlitzGL folder? Windows seems to ignore my changes.

Proger(Posted 2005) [#23]
Beaker,

You can get answers on all your questations on our forum: http://ag-tools.com/forum

puki(Posted 2005) [#24]
In relation to this:

Check the BasicGL forums before purchasing BasicGL- "arkon" and "ventru" appear to have gone walkies.

www.ag-tools.com/forum/index.php

EDIT:
arkon (Posted 2005-03-02 04:03:26)
Sorry everybody.
I can't actively participate in discussions and support, because I have some big troubles with health.

In the near future I will continue to work on my projects.

Please post all your questions about licensing and BasicGL engine to Modenov Ivan aka MOD at mod@...

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#25]
OH SNAP! You think it somn sinister? Or maybe just some coders not having enough time to poke in to the site cause they're so busy finishing their product?? OK even I cant swallow that one. ;) Hope for the best man! BasicGL did look kinda fun but Im glad I read this before I shelled out the $29.95 next paycheck!!!!

klepto2(Posted 2005) [#26]
Good News for everyone. BasicGL is not dead and will be updated soon.

If you have not read these posts:
http://www.ag-tools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96

or

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=44389

Booticus(Posted 2005) [#27]
Poor bastard has a gnarly plague or somn! Geez! And everyone flippin out at the poor guy! :) Well good news to hear the project is still alive, and everyone was sending good wishes to the crew over there.