Blitz News for January?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Blitz News for January?

dynaman(Posted 2005) [#1]
Sorry if this is the wrong forum...

I take it the blitz news got cancelled for this month, understandable considering the effort BlitzMax must be taking. I would love to see a quick update on how BRL thinks the Max rollout is going though.

Floyd(Posted 2005) [#2]
Not only is there no newsletter but there seems to be a blackout on news about the newsletter.

Kanati(Posted 2005) [#3]
hehe... it's funny tho... The newsletter was in response to people wanting some feedback from BR about blitzmax... And after the second newsletter or so there was no more news about max, and it became a newsletter basically about what was new that the community had released over the last month... And now that max is out, the newsletter has disappeared into the ether once again.

Considering the load that getting max out and out of beta for the pc and linux is probably putting on them I suppose it's ok to overlook it this ONCE. :)

Maybe someone should make a newsletter published by and for the community. That might be better anyway. More updates (on everything NOT BR info-throttled anyway), more than once a month, etc etc...

Kanati

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#4]
AFAIK the newsletter is done by simon harrison, who doesn't actually work on Blitzmax or it's modules...

He does some site stuff as well I guess.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#5]
I would love to see a quick update on how BRL thinks the Max rollout is going though.

Well, like mark sibly said in a posting the other day:

"I think the beta releases have worked out very well. Everyone seems to have honored my request to not distribute exes, and we've found lots and lots of little things that probably wouldn't have cropped up until release time anyway.

Rock on Blitzers! "

JaviCervera(Posted 2005) [#6]
I can see a Windows and Linux realase announcement behind this new delay :D

dynaman(Posted 2005) [#7]
I see a new worklog from Mark too! (I have not read it yet though - doing that now)

AntonyWells(Posted 2005) [#8]

Maybe someone should make a newsletter published by and for the community. That might be better anyway. More updates (on everything NOT BR info-throttled anyway), more than once a month, etc etc...

Yes. The current one is way way way too biased. Feels like one of those "THIS IS AN ADVERTISMENT" 'articles' you get in the paper.

If it wasn't for the BlitzMax info..ssheesh.;p

Blitz.User.Mag(The proper one) 2 - Rebirth.

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#9]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=1&log=1

Kanati(Posted 2005) [#10]
Interesting... but no word really on when we'll be out of beta. Oh well... no biggie I suppose, but I was hoping. :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#11]
I think the newsletter is usually pretty good. Doesn't usally seem like an ad ... well the last one did but the interviews and code archive highlights are nice.

QuickSilva(Posted 2005) [#12]
I agree with Jeremy. I hope there will be one this month. Maybe they are waiting to coincide it with the PC BMax release? Sure hope so. I seem to recall Mark saying the estimated time would be on month after the Mac version.

Jason.

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#13]
I enjoy the newsletter a lot, think it would be sad to see it go. I like seeing whats being done, what got published, and the news of commming updates. Plus its great to read the interviews and get an idea of what people are doing.

I think the newsletter is even more important than ever now that the forums have been segregated into seperate apps, so easy to miss blitz 3D goings on, and the cool stuff happening there. Now that I can't post on other forums I'm totaly alienated from those communities and don't bother to look anymore which is a real shame. Particularly when BLitz3D is still my primary BRL language I use for work.