Yet another IDE

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Yet another IDE

PaulJG(Posted 2005) [#1]
Yeap.. another one, sorry !

SourceEdit - www.brixoft.net

Nice, clean interface - totally customizable, with some good options to add features yourself. (via icons on the menus)

I've been getting some good results with it, seems to work a treat - apart from no folding. :(

www.paul.sandhamweb.co.uk/images/ide.jpg

You can get the command list from here:

www.paul.sandhamweb.co.uk/images/cm.zip

Easy to setup, just create a new language - load the command list into it.. goto file settings, add *.bmx = blitzmax.

You can add a msdos script to do the compiling and running from the tools config menu. (even assign your own icon to it on the menubar)

regaa(Posted 2005) [#2]
Do you know, another editor for linux, with the option to create another language?

PaulJG(Posted 2005) [#3]
Try the Jedit editor thats mentioned on another thread.. I'm sure theres a linux version.

N(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've used SourceEdit before, only gripe I had is that its project manager made it a pain in the arse to add multiple files to projects.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#5]
Wow SourceEdit is cool!

I checked 15 free IDE/Editors - and this is the best and easiest configurable (i mean adding own language).

But i spend one hour to setup a user definded tool... and faild

what is wrong with this command???

C:\Prog\Prog\BlitzMax\bin\bmk.exe makeapp -r $(FullName)

I get always:

Compiling:1.BMX
Compile Error:Unrecognized input file type
flat assembler version 1.51
error: source file not found.
Linking:1.exe
C:\PROG\PROG\BLITZMAX\BIN\LD.EXE: cannot find C:/TMP/.bmx/1.BMX.o

:-(

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#6]
It looks like bmk doesn't like .BMX extension, try .bmx instead.

N(Posted 2005) [#7]
That's.. odd.

Tom(Posted 2005) [#8]
I can't get it to compile with filenames > 8 chars, it's truncating names like in MSDOS days:

Build Error: failed to compile E:/blitzmax/samples/FIREPA~1/FIREPA~1.BMX

Also, how can you get it to compile & run the exe?

PaulJG(Posted 2005) [#9]
@Tom: Yeap :( Not good, but they are working on it.

@MrC.:
I've setup 2 scripts, one for building - one for running..

The build commandline is:
C:\BlitzMax\bin\bmk.exe makeapp -a $(FullName)

The run is:
$(FileFolder)$(FileName).exe

It could be that before it compiles, it saves the file - if it doesnt associate the file with the correct extension, its not saving in the right format.

I too had problems with it..

Make sure when you defined the language, that its set as PC format - mine was set to MAC.

Save the file, then load it up in notepad - it might give you a clue as to why the file isnt compiling, see if it looks the same as it did in the IDE. For a while - till I figured it out - my files where jumbled up.

Checkout the forums on the sourceedit site, you'll see the problems I had - and what they suggested.

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#10]
a tested many times... it is not possible to compile with this IDE on my machine... always the same problem... and i have the same problem, the IDE disable sometimes after save-cammand the highlighter...

innerspace(Posted 2005) [#11]
I've tested just about every editor available for linux, the only one with good report that I've found is Anjuta or Kate, either way, both take serious chunks out of your life since you have to code a lexer for Scintilla.