BlitzBasic for OpenGL ES enabled Systems?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BlitzBasic for OpenGL ES enabled Systems?

walski(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey,

I hope this is the right place for this post, but I found it was the most fitting Forum.

I just bought a PocketPC PDA and checked the available games. There are quite a lot but many of them are not very cool. And I googled for a while and found out that there are OpenSource Projects which enable OpenGL ES ( seems to be the mobile-edition of OGL ) on PPC Systems and some PDAs have allready native OpenGL ES enabled by the Intel 2700g graphics chip.

So I thought about if it is possible to port BlitzMax ( or just the compiled programs ) to a PPC standart?
This would be quite cool espacially for the shareware developers out there, the PPC market offers a lot of "growing-capacity" and the will to buy even not so complex games for a few bucks is widely spread so this would be a great field for Blitz as a kind of niche product in the game-developing sector.

What do you think? Is this possible without the need to develop a whole new compiler?

Thanks a lot for your answers and please excuse my crappy english

walski

[EDIT]
Sorry, just saw this post: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=42350

But my question was more: Is it possible to intervent the compilation process of BMax at some point of compilation ( i saw this gcc .a files in the folder... ) to compile it for another plattform?!

[/EDIT]

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#2]
We have not heard from mark himself on this matter so don't listen to the sheep until you've spoken to the shepherd so to speak.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#3]
Well, it might be vaguely possible to compile a program on a Mac which has a PPC chip and then do something with the compiled files before they are linked.

walski(Posted 2005) [#4]
Is the PPC architecture somewhat like the ARM or MIRP design, used in the PocketPC PDAs?

mephitis mephitis: words of wisdom :)

Thorben

technician(Posted 2005) [#5]
Somewhat like ARM, it's a RISC based architecture.