sioGL: b3d style command set

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/sioGL: b3d style command set

{cYan|de}(Posted 2004) [#1]
lo just a lil post to mention my project, link in my sig to the worklog. Its a blit3d style commandset module for max using gl of course, currently going quite well, a nice load of commands already done and some examples up and running :D

I will release it totally free of charge (i mean opengl is free to use so i dont see why i should charge at all) an early version will be available soon, anyhow im just looking for maybe a few peeps who have some time and wouldnt mind testing it out?

I will be posting some more stuff in my worklog in a lil while but for now back to work:P

Sarge(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hay well as i said before i would love to test it out it seem like a very nice project for blitzmax beta stage so i will enjoy it and have alot of free time.

Booticus(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hook a brotha up! I'll keep an eye on this one!

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hi {cYanide}, why did you choose to prefix the commands with s_ ?

And, it is expected that Blitz Research will do the same, I hope this won't mean that your work isn't done for nothing!

Happy new year

{cYan|de}(Posted 2004) [#5]
what? why would they prefix it with s! i choose that so i wouldnt clash with the official one when its out o_O

was guessing they would use blitz 3d style command names

flying willy(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi Cyanide,

Hit me with some sweet beta action! :)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2004) [#7]
I think he meant that the Blitz people will be releasing their own 3d module so why would anyone need a third-party one? .... I don't think he meant the s_ notation was going to be used by them.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2004) [#8]
oh i see! im sure there will be more then enough differences between them, i dont think its gonna be wasted have nice plans for this.

AdrianT(Posted 2004) [#9]
I don't think that the 3d module for bmax will be out within 6 months, maybe 8 to 12 months since there is going to be a lot of work to be done on Bmax as far as cleaning up and finishing off. Unless they have been working in 3D allready and know where they are going with it. then I guess 4 months is possible.

Thats my personal expectation anyway. And it's allways possible that someone with experience in this area may get a good solution of their own out early.

N(Posted 2004) [#10]
Send it to me, y'git. You know I can break stuff.

Phish(Posted 2005) [#11]
Looking great! I look forward to a release version of this. Can you load models yet? Hmm, don't really have the time to test it myself though, sorry!

Evak - where did you hear that? I was hoping the B3D module might be out sooner than that :-/

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#12]
Personally i used terrabits code (as youve prolly read loads of times) to get cameraviewport and stuff in there. This looks sweet, though personally il be doing a quick search and replace for all "S_" ^.^ I wouldnt mind a good ol test. Have you got collision in? and whats that "S_SETBUFFER" command do? *drools*

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#13]
Evak - where did you hear that? I was hoping the B3D module might be out sooner than that :-/

Well, BRL have hinted that it might be out sooner than that, however, BRL have been known to give wildly optimistic estimations in the past ;] I'd expect Evak to be not too far off... I figured a similar thing.

Phish(Posted 2005) [#14]
Yup, very true! Maybe I should just forget about it till it happens :-)

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#15]
Usually the best way to go, but it won't stop other people from constantly nagging BRL/reminding you until it's out =]