Mod Writing

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mod Writing

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#1]
Just experimenting with writing my own mods... So just to start small and work my way into it, I tossed the following together.

C Code...
#include <conio.h>

int bbGetKey(void) {
  return kbhit();
}

BMX Code...

Module Pub.GetKey

ModuleInfo "Version: 1.00"
ModuleInfo "Author: Kanati"
ModuleInfo "License: Public Domain"
ModuleInfo "Copyright: STONEhenge Software"
ModuleInfo "ModServer: BRL"

Import "getkey.c"

Extern
  Function bbGetKey:Int()
End Extern

Function GetKey:Int()
  Return bbGetKey()
End Function

Obviously this is just a test... But the module compiles fine. And the test program compiles fine. But hangs when ran. Anyone see anything obvious with that that I am not catching?

Also...

How would I go about compiling my module only instead of all modules as I would through the Program menu?

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#2]
You may want to test it from a proper console, the IDE probably needs a feature to provide such a thing rather than redirecting the process standardio as it does now.

As for module rebuilding, I think there is an option (check runtime help of bmk.exe) but with quick build always enabled I have never seen the need to investigate.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2005) [#3]
Your sample works fine here (thanks by the way :-).

I ran the following test program successfully (maybe there is a problem with your test program which you didn't post?)
Repeat
  a = bbGetKey:Int()
  If a <> 0 Then
    Print a
  EndIf
Forever
You can stop it with ctrl-c.

The compilation you can do with '.\bin\bmk.exe makemods abc' assuming that you put your .c and .bmx file into '/mods/abc.mod/test.mod'.

Kanati(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ah. Thanks.

Glad that works too. I didn't think it would actually. :)

mouss38(Posted 2005) [#5]
But what about struct or class import from C code ? I'm working on a MD2 loader mod but don't know how to transfert typedef of class from c to bmx ... any ideas ? this would be a great thing