A language suggestion regarding framework

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/A language suggestion regarding framework

skn3(Posted 2004) [#1]
The framework command is usefull, especialy as the bmax compiler doesn't automatically detect which modules you are using. A suggestion though.

Perhaps the command framework should be replaced with a command something like:
DisableModImport (probably a better one could be thought of). This command would not import anything.

This would disable all modules being compiled into your exe. Then you could simply use an import command, as normal, to choose your framework.

At the moment it just seems a bit odd that you would have to use a command that does 2 things at the same time. Import a module, and disable all modules being imported.

Example of current situation:
framework brl.basic
import brl.max2d

Example of what would probably be more logical:
DisableModImport
import brl.basic
import brl.max2d

The last one just makes more sense to me.

Robert(Posted 2004) [#2]
I was thinking the same thing, although calling it NoAutoImport might make more sense as it doesn't prevent the Import command from working, it would just prevents automatic inclusion of everything in the mod folder.

taxlerendiosk(Posted 2004) [#3]
I don't think 'No' sounds right... DisableAutoImport?

flaith(Posted 2004) [#4]
why don't we stay with "strict"
you use : createbank, and it says "you must import "BRL.Bank" ??

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
Because strict doesn't disable mod import, as far as I know. All it does is force you to define all your variables before using them.

flaith(Posted 2004) [#6]
I know but i'm sure Mark can extend its property

flying willy(Posted 2004) [#7]
I'd like it to be as "automatic as possible" by default.

Skid argued that it would not be able to tell the difference between the bmp loader and the png loader though, as they both use LoadImage...

N(Posted 2004) [#8]
I don't mind it not being automated- not a big deal for me. But I agree with this, the current setup is somewhat retarded.