BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Check out Apple

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#1]
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/development_tools/blitzmax.html

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#2]
well I'll be...

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2004) [#3]
:-D

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#4]
Google blitzmax for some fairly hefty coverage...

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#5]
Heh, now that's a big dent in the 'BR have no PR/marketing skills' argument :)

flying willy(Posted 2004) [#6]
I can google anything for coverage of anything james - thats what google is for.

The trick is googling for "game development" or "make game"... and have it bring up blitz!

Google adwords are worth paying for if you word them just right.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#7]

I can google anything for coverage of anything james - thats what google is for.

Yeah, but I was talking about the huge number of recent news items relating to the release of BlitzMax.

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#8]
Question is, if this is just because of BlitzMax or just proofes that there is not much interesting happening on apple ;)( sorry could not resist )

Grisu(Posted 2004) [#9]
How about: "Buy a Mac, get BMAX for free"... :)

flaith(Posted 2004) [#10]
Apple prides to have BMax

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#11]
I think there's enough going on at Apple. It's just that it is more like one big "family" instead of Microsoft, which is too big to be one family. I liked that about Amiga as well, it's one brand, one philosophy. Unfortunately Commodore didn't know squat about promoting their products :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#12]
Can't wait to get my Apple IMac G5 ;) Nice that it's on the Apple site. Garage Games got a lot of support from Apple too ... now Marble Blast comes on every iMac G5 and iBook G4 so maybe BlitzMax could come on them ... OEM deals are nice eh?

FlameDuck(Posted 2004) [#13]
Yeah, and besides 80 bucks is simply dwarfed by the price of getting the machine in the first place.

matt!(Posted 2004) [#14]
I like the fact BMX is featured on Apple.com but I can't see people downloading it from that description.

I came to Blitz in the first place because it was an easy way in to games creation. The words on the page at Apple.com do not tell me that.

Phish(Posted 2004) [#15]
Agreed about the apparent complexity of Blitz from descriptions. There is too much information about all the features it has, and not enough promoting its incredible simplicity.

I doubt I would download it if I hadn't already been using it since just before Blitz3D, and had been waiting for a Mac version since that time!