apptitle

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/apptitle

{cYan|de}(Posted 2004) [#1]
anyway to change the title? easy question

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#2]
if you get create a function that exports the hwnd from the bglcreatecontext c file then you can do it on windows with the WinAPI function SetWindowText_( hwnd, title ).
didn't find any internal function as windowed support isn't really in. actually it is only meant for debugging from what the doc / source says

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2004) [#3]
Nice idea but shouldn't we all be creating cross-platform software now?

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yepp
But windowed isn't in so far. I think when it is really in we will have this functions provided as well :)

Fabian.(Posted 2005) [#5]
is there a function to set the window title before the window is created? because without this function the user will see the default title for a small time.

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#6]
I wrote a little module with some commands including SetAppTitle here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=43341

it works for Mac and Windows currently (look near the bottom of the thread for the latest version).

Fabian.(Posted 2005) [#7]
thank you, Perturbatio, but if I run the following code the user can still see the default title ("BlitzGLWimdow") for a small time.

If I call the SetAppTitle-function before I call the Graphics-command the window title is all the time "BlitzGLWindow".

Murilo(Posted 2005) [#8]
I notice there's no AppTitle in the final Windows release, so are we still not to use windowed mode for releases?

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
The only way to change it before the window shows is to either:
Hack the C source that contains the Graphics command
OR
Create your own OpenGL window

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#10]

I notice there's no AppTitle in the final Windows release, so are we still not to use windowed mode for releases?

From the docs:

A depth value of 0 enables 'windowed mode'. This special mode is currently intended for debugging purposes only and should not be used for release builds. Improved support for windowed modes will be added shortly.

Fabian.(Posted 2005) [#11]
thank you, Perturbatio, I've changed some files and it works!
(I added 4 lines from your code so that the function works as well as the AppTitle-function in Blitz3D(that means it works before and while the window is opened))
here is the code:

/mod/brl.mod/blitzgl.mod/blitzgl.win32.c:

/mod/brl.mod/blitzgl.mod/blitzgl.bmx:

/mod/brl.mod/max2d.mod/max2d.bmx:

thanks a lot, it helps me very much!!

Fabian.(Posted 2005) [#12]
After the last call to SyncMods I've seen the "AppTitle$"-Variable in the brl.blitz-mod.
This is exactly what I was asking for.
Thanks a lot, Mark!