This 'all-in-one' license dooby

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/This 'all-in-one' license dooby

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#1]
I presume is actually one license providing three platforms, not a license for each platform?

Sweenie(Posted 2004) [#2]
Your Blitzmax license is for all three platforms.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#3]
Sorry, I'll rephrase.

Does the all-in-one license cover one license for all three platforms, or three licenses, one for each platform?

It occurs to me that (speaking very technically here, and I realise BRL doesn't tend to care for such technicalities) if you have one license covering three platforms, for most money hungry companies that means you can have the product installed once and when you want to move to another platform you uninstall the old copy. Because you're only licensed for one copy ;]

Or, you actually have three licenses, which means you can install bmx on all three platforms at once, but since they are three seperate licenses, you could install only on one platform and let other ppl install on their different platform(s) for their benefit ;]

Or, it's sortof in between both of those, which I suspect will be the case - where you can install on all three platforms at once but can't give it away to anyone else if you're not using it on a particular platform. =]

Sorry, I've been working in an educational institution for too long and've gotten too used to dealing with scumbag tight wads like Macromedia.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#4]

where you can install on all three platforms at once but can't give it away to anyone else if you're not using it on a particular platform

That would be about right.

John Pickford(Posted 2004) [#5]
Are you drunk Toby?

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hey I thought it was a legitimate ... you know... thing.

John Pickford(Posted 2004) [#7]
Daftest question ever.

Hotcakes(Posted 2004) [#8]
Shutup, all 5 of you!

kraft(Posted 2004) [#9]
teeeehehe! :-D