Bug on My Code, Help Me.

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Bug on My Code, Help Me.

Yue(Posted April) [#1]
' Crear Sol.
Function CreateSun:TLuz( padre:Int = 0) 

Return New TLuz.InitSun( padre:Int =  0 )  

End Function 

Type TLuz

Field luz:Int
	Field padre:Int 

Method InitSun:TLuz( padre:Int = 0)

Notify padre:Int ' NOT RETURN 0, RETURN 1

End Method

End Type

' Objetos.
Local sol:TLuz = Null 

sol:TLuz = CreateSun() ' Not Number, Void.

I like the number 1, when I did not pass any value to the CreateSun () parameter, Any suggestions?

Yue(Posted April) [#2]
Ok, no problem.
Return New TLuz.InitSun( padre:Int =  0 ) 
Bad.
Return New TLuz.InitSun( padre:Int ) 
Ok.

Derron(Posted April) [#3]
What
Return New TLuz.InitSun( padre:Int = 0 )
really does is:
Return New TLuz.InitSun( trueOrFalse )

it evaluates "padre = 0" - so if padre was > 0 it returned True and so on.

@ Your sample
While it works you should consider having "TSol" as a custom type (extending from "TLuz".
So you would then use "new TSol.Init(...)".

Why having "sol" as a custom type? This allows for a simple extension -
eg. properties like "glow" or "temperature".

If your normal "TLuz" does not need that (normally all stars share the same properties - some are just not used or negative or very low on one star and active on another).

But this could also be handled with "components" (there are threads about this on this forum). So eg. you could add a "gravity" component (or better a "rotation"-component which handles calculation of gravity).

But for now just think of "TSol" as something to optimize memory usage. Everything only a "sol" can co but no other "luz", could get stored in this custom type "TSol". Else you end up having a "god type" (knowing and storing everything).

Think of the type "THuman".
Now you want to save:
- body size
- eyecolor
- hair length

and then you need to save:
- penis size
- breast cup size
ohh... you want to save them for all human beings?

Nope, you create "TMan extends THuman" and "TWoman extends THuman". Each of them gets the "only man" or "only woman" properties you need to save ...

When talking about "components" you would add a "genderspecifics"-component which could be split into "malespecifics" and "femalespecifics" - each of them having their "GetPenisSize()" or "GetBreastCup()" methods - or even more dynamically you have a "GetInt("penissize")" method, which returns a value for males and "-1" for females (as the femalespecifics-component is not handling the request to "penissize").

Sorry if someone felt offended by reading "penissize" - if so: grow up!

bye
Ron

Yue(Posted April) [#4]

This is my new approach to what I learned from you.

I can understand about humans. In the case of an Animal class, quadrants or bipeds can appear, within the quadrants, we have cats and cats. And all these are can share methods, such as eating, but the difference is how they are implemented since a chicken eats a different tiger.