BMX status on Greenlight

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/BMX status on Greenlight

JoshK(Posted 2016) [#1]
About a year ago I created a Greenlight campaign for BlitzMax, paying the $99 myself, and recently I got an email saying it was actually approved:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523449470

This was admittedly presumptuous, but I thought I could prove that I knew how to make Blitz or maybe even Monkey a success, so I took a chance.

I had created a new Steam account for this. I changed the email address to Mark's email and gave him the account. He did not seem interested, so I asked if I could release it myself for free on Steam, and he said "sure, go ahead".

I was planning on making it a free app, and maybe later on I would make a 3D module that was a paid add-on, if it picked up enough free users.

I was going to post 25 free pre-release Steam keys on the forum. Actually, my plan was to embed the keys inside the word search image and drop some major hints, and see if anyone could discover the keys embedded in the image. This was the big surprise I planned for Christmas.

I went to set up the distribution on Steam and realized I did not know the password or remember the account name anymore, and only Mark could access it with his email. So I sent a message to him asking him to change the account password and email so I could access it, and he has not replied after about a week.

So that's that.

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#2]
Josh, I will ask him about it and get back to you.