Can't get any fmod implementations to work =(

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Can't get any fmod implementations to work =(

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#1]
Ideally I want to use mod\xm music on my game - I have tried to compile bruceys fmod and bass but that falls to compile, some error with clue.ccp, tried some of the fixes posted nut no joy (no doubt my fault). Tried Several other mods and code posted but all from 10+ years ago and all fall silent when I do what they say.

Anyone currently have a working implementation? It's taken most of my free time today and I still have the game to get done so cant spend much more time.

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#2]
bah.fmod, bah.fmodaudio and bah.bass all compiled fine for me using the Open Source version of BlitzMax and TDM-GCC-64 ver 5.1.0

skidracer(Posted 2016) [#3]
Have you ensured all other possible audio engines are disabled when you are testing?

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#4]
@TomToad - I'll install 5.1.0 and see how I get on

@skid - what do you mean by Audio engines?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#5]
> Tried Several other mods and code posted but all from 10+ years ago and all fall silent when I do what they say.

Maybe you forgot to set the audio driver?

Do you use "Framework" in your application? Else it also compiles pub.freeaudio and the likes into your app - which might do things not wanted by FMOD.

So a good start is to post a "non working (but should work) example" (and the needed adjustments for a given base of the fmod-module)

bye
Ron

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#6]
I actually created a video to show how to compile the Open Source version of BlitzMax. https://youtu.be/9Xq3z2Vpbhc
The beginning of the video shows how to install MinGW. Important that you make sure that other previously installed versions of MinGW are removed from the system PATH environment variable, or make sure that the TDM version is first in the list. Also, if you plan on using the official download from the Accounts page instead of building from source, you need to copy the appropriate libs from the MinGW install to the BlitzMAX lib folder, and Fasm.exe and ld.exe from the MinGW to the Blitzmax bin directory. This is not necessary for the Open Source version as it will use the versions in MinGW automatically.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2016) [#7]
@Derron - oh so these fmod(s) require you use a whole other audio system, did not realise that.

@TomToad - thanks for the vid, hope you didn't go to that effort just for me.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#8]
fmod _is_ another audio system (IMO at least).

It is a replacement to skid's freeaudio. With more bells and whistles - and a less liberate licence ;-)

bye
Ron