Distance between two entities?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Distance between two entities?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#1]

Any suggestion to detect the hook of the tractor and the hook of the freight wagon ?, What I want to do is that when it is a certain distance to be able to hook them with each other, but only the hook of each vehicle and not the full wagon in front of vehicle.

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#2]
Is the hook a separate entity from the tractor and wagon? if so, then you can use EntityDistance() on the hooks to find out how far apart they are. If the hooks are part of the tractor and wagon mesh, then you can create a pivot, parent it to the tractor, and position it on the hook. Do the same with the wagon. Then you can use ENtityDistance() with the pivots.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#3]
Ok, Thanks you TomToad. :) Pivots childs Wagon and Vehicle

Yue(Posted 2016) [#4]
Problem here.

In my thinking logic I would expect that when the hook is brought closer to any load of the load vehicle, the hook of the vehicle will change to red color, once the vehicle hook is chosen, it changes to white. The problem is that it only works with one of the two hooks of the vehicle and not with the two.

Any Suggestions?

Method enganchar()

Local cargos:TCargo = Null 

For cargos:TCargo  = EachIn cargos.lista:TList 

For Local x:Int = 0 To 1		
		                     ' Vehicle Hook and Cargo vehicle hooks
				If xEntityDistance ( Self.gancho:Int, cargos.ganchos[x:Int] ) <= 2.0 Then 

xEntityColor ( Self.gancho:Int, 255, 0, 0 ) 

Else 

xEntityColor ( Self.gancho:Int, 255, 255, 255 ) 

End If 

Next 

Next 

End Method

Yue(Posted 2016) [#5]
Ok, no problem.

Okay, what is expected is that when being close to one hook with the other, a visual indicator is activated so that when a key is pressed the vehicles will engage.
Method Enganchar()

Local cargos:TCargo = Null 

For cargos:TCargo  = EachIn cargos.lista:TList 

If xEntityDistance (cargos.ganchos[0], Self.gancho:Int  ) <= 2.0 Or xEntityDistance (cargos.ganchos[1], Self.gancho:Int  ) <= 2.0  Then 

xShowEntity ( Self.gancho:Int ) 

Else 

xHideEntity ( Self.gancho:Int )

End If 

Next 

End Method

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#6]
While i can't help you with your problem, i would like to know which 3d solution you are using with Blitzmax?

Yue(Posted 2016) [#7]
Hi, MikeHart, i am using Xors3D. ;)

MikeHart(Posted 2016) [#8]
Thanks for the info