It's Nothing to SNES At

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/It's Nothing to SNES At

dw817(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi. I came across this message:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=80921

and wondered if anyone has (or could) please write an example and show how to get this to work. I am understanding I need to REBUILD ALL MODULES, however, when I do so, I get the error message.

COMPILE ERROR
Fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory.

Please let me know how to remedy this and/or if it is needed to get the SNES music player to work, which I think would be a great element in my project, thanks !

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
properly install minGW?

PS: your thread title is a bit hmm misleading

Bye
Ron

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#3]
The gme module comes with two "drivers", one for BASS audio and another for OpenAL. (if someone wants to write one for FreeAudio, I'm accepting pull requests :-)

The licensing for GME also requires it to be provided as a DLL. (source and make files are included with the module).

So you will need BaH.GME and then one set of either BaH.BASS + BaH.GMEBASS or BaH.GMEOpenAL modules.

Building modules requires you to have a working MinGW installation - which you may (or may not have) given your preference of not using third party modules ;-)

If you do not have a functional MinGW set up for BlitzMax, then I would refer you to here which should provide enough information to get it set up.

.. some time later ...

After you have a working MinGW, and can build modules, you should be able to build the example that comes with the GME module. (choose either example_bass.bmx or example_openal.bmx depending on which audio engine you are using).

I'll assume that you are not using my "bmk", and just the standard one that comes with BlitzMax, in which case you will need to copy the libgme.dll from lib/win32 into the examples folder to be able to run it. (if you are building against BASS, you will also need to copy the libbass.dll from the BaH.BASS module lib/win32 folder). For OpenAL, I believe it installs in a system folder so you shouldn't need to copy that.

Once you have the dlls in the same folder as the exe, running it should open a graphics window and play a tune. There are two provided in the examples folder. The example allows you to change volume and tracks.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#4]
Thanks for the reply, Derron, and Brucey.

Brucey, as BlitzMAX is now free software, would it be easier for others and myself for you to put together a ZIP file that merely includes your make IDE and all pathed necessary files as you mentioned above including all the other libraries you have written ?

This would mean me (and others) would not need to try compile each of your individual libs manually, nor copy DLLs to specific sub-directores - or anything like this.

Instead, just Unzip your single .ZIP file which builds all paths, run the MAXIDE.EXE provided and go straight from there with the knowledge all the libs and examples from you are installed.

If you're curious, the version of BlitzMAX I am using is, "BlitzMAX 1.50" as I have had trouble understanding how to install and in running my code in previous custom IDEs.

Pinning this thread so I can keep abreast of replies.