battle ai event editor?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/battle ai event editor?

Caton(Posted 2016) [#1]
how would a battle AI event editor work?

simply AI like commands and arguments.

like for adding enemies. and adding enemies attacks.

cps(Posted 2016) [#2]
I'm working on some very simple (none learning) computer controlled players for a board game. I'm going down the following path.
Each CpuPlayer has a range of tendencies (0 - 9) which predisposes it to certain actions in certain scenarios. (IE 0- passive, 9 aggressive)( IE 0-low risk taker, 9 high risk taker) assigned to each CpuPlayer randomly. Options taken by CpuPlayer are weighted by the appropriate tendency or combination of tendancies and this is used to set the range of options available for any given scenario. (the actual option being chosen randomly) when they are not automatic. IE some forks are non optional if the player is to survive.
The nuts and bolts are a Player Type for each CpuPlayer with tendency options set randomly, these set the range of responses to a given logic fork, the actual fork chosen is based on a random choice over the presented range. The choices for each scenario are array based (could be list based). Anyway that's my approach, have fun cps

Matty(Posted 2016) [#3]
It would work however you designed it to work.

Get out a pen and paper. Sit down. And plan what you want it to do and then work out how you would implement those plans.

It's a very open question really.

Limited only by your imagination.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#4]
You should have access to the entire line of Final Fantasy products. If not, I would try out one of them, especially Final Fantasy 2 (called 4 in Japan) to see how combat takes place.

Two of the most innovative interfaces and combat engines I found are from these SNES games. Arcana and Lufia.