PES / PCS File Export

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/PES / PCS File Export

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hello All,

I might be asking a huge favor here and what not, but I have been staring at this for about two weeks now, and I don't have the experience to do what I'm trying to do I guess.

I'm trying to write a program that you can draw vectors, and then convert them into PES, PCS, or HUS file formats which are used for Embroider Machines.

http://www.achatina.de/sewing/main/TECHNICL.HTM

The site above has the information on both PES and PCS, but I don't understand how I would take my vector information over to these formats.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

TomToad(Posted 2016) [#2]
There is an Open source program here http://embroidermodder.org/news0.html
maybe you could glean something from the code. The site you pointed to isn't very clear on its description.

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#3]
Sorry I did go through that as well..

https://github.com/Embroidermodder/Embroidermodder/tree/master/libembroidery

here is all the C source..

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#4]
Yep, that's what you want. It appears to support loading and saving of those file formats :-)

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#5]
Can you help me better understand the formatting of these?

BTW I already have my program saving SVG format, but that does me no good going over to a Embroidery Machine.

**EDIT**

So have been spending time looking over the code for the last few min again, and looks like there is a lot of custom functions used to store the geometry, and then save to the different formats.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#6]
There's a converter program. You can give it an svg input and tell it which format to output. Job done.

Just for fun, I made a little app to render the stitch instructions to the screen - so you can watch it creating the image, just as the machine would make it...

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#7]
Brucey you are the master of code so yes that stuff would be easy for you to implement, I haven't had much experience with these type of things and most of what I have done is basic application api, and using what is provided to me for graphics through blitzmax..

can you share the code?

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#8]
It just parses the sample .csv files, and draws the "stitches" with DrawLine. Nothing too exciting really.

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#9]
I guess need to spend more time on this stuff before I get to crazy, thanks anyways!

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#10]
I've added a new module : BaH.libembroidery.
It's a basic wrap of libembroidery, and handles reading, writing, and probably creating your own from scratch - although I haven't tried that yet.
There's a basic demo which is similar to the example I posted above, except it's rendering via the library, rather than parsing a csv file directly. It also shows different thread colours, etc.

It's built for NG, and won't do anything if you build it with legacy BlitzMax - generally because wrapping is easier with NG, and saves me time.

I've tested it on OSX, Win32 and Linux - all 64-bit.

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#11]
*DOUBLE POST* - DELETE

FBEpyon(Posted 2016) [#12]
I looked through it and I couldn't believe how easy that is to wrap this.. I feel stupid now, but thanks for all your hard work and effort on this Brucey. You are a GOD among men!!

FBEpyon