[Solved] Cleaning or deleting specific build files

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/[Solved] Cleaning or deleting specific build files

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
Maybe I have missed something here but is there a way to delete certain files, say the threaded build files *.o, *.a, *.i etc..?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#2]
mark them in the explorer, and delete?

on linux/mac: try "ctrl + h" (or menu to adjust "display hidden files")

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Hey Derron, I was thinking more in line with the editor. Like standard IDEs does have

Clean
Build
Rebuild

IDK maybe other IDEs like paid ones have this feature?

Derron(Posted 2016) [#4]
No, the standard editor does not handle that.

Think this is, because you then need to analyze what is belonging to the project, and just this project.

Imagine:

app1.bmx imports "bla.bmx"
app2.bmx imports "bla.bmx"

on compilation files for "app1.bmx", "bla.bmx" and "app2.bmx" are created (those "*.o, *.a, *.i etc." files)

on cleaning of "app1" the IDE should know about "app2.bmx" (as you else partly clean app2's code too).

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
thanks. Currently I'm doing wildcard deletion via cmd line. I guess I just need to execute this via gui somehow.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#6]
Is there a reason to "clean"?

If you doubt that "not quick" does not work properly: create a "pre.bmk" and do the clean via LUA functions in there. (works only with Bruceys BMK - but this is compatible to vanilla, so you could copy the BMK from your NG setup + core.bmk / make.bmk).

bye
Ron

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#7]
Ok Derron, it's not that important at the moment but thanks a lot for the tip :)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#8]
Edit: While checking some older mods, found this command and it looks like this is what I'm looking for:

bmk cleanmods modname

It just deletes the .bmk folders which is fine with me. :-)