Best 2D Sprite or GUI/Animation Framework for BMX

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Best 2D Sprite or GUI/Animation Framework for BMX

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
I'm looking not for the Native GUI App stuff but for game interface and sprite animations. Like that old SpriteCandy, etc discussions that I found on the forum archives. Is there a similar thing for Max?

dw817(Posted 2016) [#2]
I consider myself adept in 2-dimensional graphics for BlitzMAX including parallax scrolling, rotation, scaling, transformation, and tile mapping for BlitzMAX.

What ability or effect are you looking for, Rusty ?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks dw817. I'm looking for gui interface and tweening stuff. Kinda like CEGUI but lightweight for BMX.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#4]
Tweening motion is merely determining the distance between two points and dividing by the number of points of animation you wish to have, Rusty.

Looking at CEGUI, if you merely want to have it's appearance in BlitzMAX, that too is possible without much difficulty.

Here is some code I wrote for a custom mouse with a ghost trail:

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
Looks great. Did you already tried CEGUI? How about some links on how to setup. I have tried CEGUI with Ogre3D before and it was pretty daunting but I got it to work eventually.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#6]
I am using my own GUI thing but it is also using other parts of my "code collection"

GUI:
- Buttons, Sliders, Radio Buttons, Checkboxes, Windows / [Modal] Dialogues, Inputs, Panels, Combo/Dropdown-Boxes...
- Drag-n-Drop-support
- 9-patch-sprite-support (maybe known from Android)
- _no_ configuration support via external files (you should write it on your own)
- sprite-support (texture atlases - saves GPU texture switches)

Maybe you could take some ideas from it to form your own widget-set.

bye
Ron

dw817(Posted 2016) [#7]
Link for CEGUI, Rusty ?

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#8]
Looking at CEGUI, if you merely want to have it's appearance in BlitzMAX, that too is possible without much difficulty.

So you didn't look at CEGUI?

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#9]
@dw817

It's in Brucey's github repo modules:

https://github.com/maxmods/bah.mod/tree/master/cegui.mod

Hey Brucey, is this for NG only or for both? I think I'm just gonna have to try it again..

dw817(Posted 2016) [#10]
Hi Brucey. I Googled and read the description from WIKI, I didn't know where the file was to run for BlitzMAX. Are you sure you're the author of CEGUI ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEGUI

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#11]
he wrote the mod port to bmx afaik. the license clause for the cegui is still inside the c and h sources

dw817(Posted 2016) [#12]
So you didn't look at CEGUI?

Don't mind me. I just like tripping up someone when they think they're gonna trip up me instead, Brucey. :)

Will look at CEGUI.MOD, but on the morrow. Thanks, Rusty.