Mojo2 for BlitzMax

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Mojo2 for BlitzMax

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#1]
Mojo2 is an OpenGL shader-based renderer, originally for Monkey2, and ported to BlitzMax NG.

I've now back-ported it to work with legacy BlitzMax too.

You can find the module source here :

https://github.com/bmx-ng/mky.mod

All the examples should work apart from "rendererdemo", which I've yet to work out a way to code it without the Interfaces (there's a Type which Extends and Implements).

It supports lights, shadows, bump maps and all those pretty things people like.
You can also add your own shaders too - following the slightly non-standard Sibly way of building shaders ;-)

Have fun. (tested on Linux and OS X. Any issues on Windows, just post something here)

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#2]
this is really cool Brucey! thank you for this port :)

grable(Posted 2016) [#3]
Seems to be missing TIntMap ?

BlitzSupport(Posted 2016) [#4]
Works here on Windows 7 64-bit -- tested all demos with 64-bit build, plus quick bumptest on 32-bit build.

Brucey(Posted 2016) [#5]
Seems to be missing TIntMap ?

My bad. Should be okay now.

Derron(Posted 2016) [#6]
These "TMap"-children (TIntMap, TFloatMap, TStringMap ...) could be backported too - if there is interest.

They are "externalized to c"-variants allowing for other key-types than strings (saves memory, cpu ...).

@mojo
Remember that this only works with OpenGL (or +OpenGles when using NG). So no DX. If you or your users have had issues with OGL, they wont be able to run code using this module.
If you do not care, enjoy the improvements/enhancements to Max2D.

bye
Ron

Endive(Posted 2016) [#7]
Thank you SO much!!!

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#8]
I'm not into 2D right now but Brucey's port, awesome as always!! tried the examples and it works great. :) using MinGW 5

I'm only getting runtime errors on the bumptest.exe with 'Texture is not a render target texture'.

[Edit] Downloading the latest version works off the bat! :D