Wing Ding Work

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Wing Ding Work

dw817(Posted 2016) [#1]

Not sure why you guys want this font so bad to work in BlitzMAX.

Well, after about an hour of work I got it converted over. Basically it had - ahhm - stuff in it that wasn't friendly in it like other available fonts had. So I wrote down a few figures in notepad about it. Compared Times New Roman with Wing Ding, then saved a 3rd font that had 'saner' values.

And yes I =DID= modify the first character, it was blank, so I get to put my old company logo in there, a pyramid with a crystal above it. Ah, long ago. If you play S2 you'll see that appear in the bottom-right-hand corner with the hard-drive is busy.

Anyways, here is the code and the converted font AND the copyright (jump to data):

DATA NOT INCLUDED it was too big for this forum message as I kept getting an error. See post after this one.

BTW guys, if you are using my Boxcars encoder to build (not extract) binary, DO NOT use Notepad to copy and paste. If it's a lot of data it won't work right, even with Word Wrap turned off.

No, use a PURE program that can edit total binary files like Notepad PLUS. That's the ticket.

Well, enjoy - you now have Wing Ding !

... BTW, I'm working on a new Carryall. This one will be great, essentially you can have a file of any size, well up to 750k of any data, yet only need to encode about 64-bytes in your source to hold it.

HOW DOES HE DO IT ?? I'll let you know when I get there. :)

dw817(Posted 2016) [#2]
Apparently you can't post too much code in a codebox. Well hum !

It'll be good when I finish that 64-character mass-data thingie to bypass this.

Okay, for now you can download the lot from Mediafire:

[SOURCE & DATA]

Casaber(Posted 2016) [#3]
The man with the magic fingers !! And 1 hour to solve the unsolved mystery haha. Looking good.

dw817(Posted 2016) [#4]
Ah thanks, Casaber. :) I know years ago I wanted to be a magician. Today I still have some high-cost props and tricks. Sometimes I perform them for friends.

But programming wizardry, that's a whole new bag and sometimes you just have to look at two things carefully.

That which works and that which doesn't. And then figure out why the 'doesn't work' doesn't.

Anyways, I'll work on the new Carryall converter today, should help a lot of people.

Basically you'll have up to 64-characters to convert to 750k. I know that's not enough really for a long song or big executable. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, here is the original Pyramax logo I used years ago.