Updated MaxIDE?

BlitzMax Forums/BlitzMax Programming/Updated MaxIDE?

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#1]
What should I replace MaxIDE with? MaxIDE CE II seems to be not supported anymore (and when I've tried to replace default one, it crashed on load). Mainly I want stuff like autocompletion.

Derron(Posted 2015) [#2]
If it crashed: did you change the configuration?

MaxIDE CE has problems when run on a configuration which uses "," as separator of integer and float (1.123 versus 1,123) - as it also uses the "," to glue multiple values together.
-> if you delete the configuration and MaxIDE starts again - this was the reason.

bye
Ron

Henri(Posted 2015) [#3]
Hi,

one alternative is IndevIDE found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/indevide/. There are some bugs in Windows version at least like the 'changing focus issue', but sourcecode is also included so one might try to fix it (I'm tempted to do it myself if I could find the time, there always seems to be something else :-)). Try it out.

-Henri

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#4]
@Derron, No, I didn't change MaxIDE's config if that's what you mean. It crashed at startup, not even getting past the splash screen.

@Henri, thanks, I'll try it out!

//edit: Works great so far! One thing though, that I've noticed in many of the BlitzMax utils: They ask you to chose Max's dir. By default, BlitzMax is installed in C:\BlitzMAX - asking user if BlitzMax was installed in C:\BlitzMax and showing directory selection only if the answer is no would go a long way!

dw817(Posted 2015) [#5]
Henri:

* I am trying out IndevIDE and one problem I am seeing is it doesn't give me a chance to change the colors for the main editor. I use white background with black text in the standard IDE I am using.

Henri(Posted 2015) [#6]
Hi,

Try to resize the options window a bit to refresh it.

-Henri

dw817(Posted 2015) [#7]
Resize got it. I'm good though, going to use the IDE 1.37. When I crash in compilation all custom IDEs except the 1.37 release also shut down the editor.

I am using Windows 8.1 and that could be the problem. I have to stick with compatibility though.

darkhog(Posted 2015) [#8]
IndevIDE works for me fine, although one thing I miss from MaxIDE is that "help tree" that listed all of help topics in a convenient tree so you don't have to waste time switching to help tab, just double click help item you want to get to.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2015) [#9]
it aint free or been updated for a while but http://www.blide.org/?p=22 is the most feature rich of the BMAX IDE's if you want all the fancy auto complete, project management and intellisense stuff.

Xerra(Posted 2015) [#10]
If Blide was available on OSX I'd be back using that like a shot. I sooooooo miss using that.

Hezkore(Posted 2015) [#11]
I have Windows as a Virtual Machine on OSX, just so that I can run Blide.

Yasha(Posted 2015) [#12]
I looked at IndevIDE but it doesn't compile. Calls a method "MakeModal" on a wx object that, according to a quick grep, doesn't actually exist in the module (seems to have been deprecated and then removed). WTF? How did other people get it working?

Henri(Posted 2015) [#13]
Hi,

I believe that IndevIDE was originally compiled with MinGW 4.71 and perhaps with wxMax of that time (I have this setup in my working enviroment and I remember making changes to the source and it compiled just fine). In theory it should work with newest version also, but some revisions might have to be made. I'll look into it.

People here most likely are using the precompiled exe for their OS.

-Henri

PS. Is UNZ still around ?

Henri(Posted 2015) [#14]
Okei, if you wanna get started on something quickly just comment out the 2 makemodal - statements (these are not critical) and from main file comment out 'Import log' - statement and 'InitLog' - statement. This should enable to get started.

-Henri

Yasha(Posted 2015) [#15]
Thanks. Wish I had more time time test today.

That compiles, but the application pops up quite a number of error boxes (startup, file loading, clicking in pane, exiting) and fills stdout with error messages. The UI also looks "wrong" somehow and there's no highlighting.

Henri(Posted 2015) [#16]
Lot of errors probably come from compiling and executing IndevIDE.bmx from the source directory directly. Hotdocs & Extractor are also in source format and need to be compiled to exe first (those can be found in main directory in precompiled format). After that when IndevIDE is run for the first time, 'Update Documentation' needs to be selected (or perhaps options/defaults need to checked first).

EDIT: Also compiling in release mode gets rid of all the debugging information.

-Henri

Derron(Posted 2015) [#17]
If you get no syntax highlighting, your wxscintilla.mod does not contain the needed information (it does not know about BlitzMax) ... check if the lexer is there:

wxscintilla.mod/src/scintilla/lexers/LexBasic.cxx

bye
Ron

degac(Posted 2015) [#18]
Interesting, I missed this indevIDE... but I don't find any source on sourceforge, I would like to see it...

Henri(Posted 2015) [#19]
Hi,

it's under Code - tab.

Henri

degac(Posted 2015) [#20]
Of course... I'm getting blind!
Thank you!

markcw(Posted 2015) [#21]
There's also an Atom Editor language package by sendelbros (cyberkeiler) which is Win/Mac but I haven't tried it.
http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=104860

It was forked from TextMate bundle by nilium for Mac.
https://github.com/nilium/blitzmax.tmbundle